Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ACA is shutting down

ACA is shutting down

Posted by Rich this morning:

Decision has been made. No need to wait until Nov 1. The American Canyoneering Association is going away completely. If someone wants to start a new association, more power to them. If they do, I will send out a notice to everyone on our email list to inform them about the new association and let them decide if they want to join.

http://www.canyoneering.net/forums/s...8907#post28907

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bogley BigShot
    This is probably a good choice Rich. You can be free to be happy and live your life while others have the choice, to start an organization - if they want to put the time, money, effort and such into it. Few will ever do that like you did.

Shocked to read that this morning, myself. Was always one of the options out there but not necessarily the one I was advocating. Obviously most of us didn't have direct influence over that decision.

Anybody familiar with Nevada incorporation? What is the legal status of a company previously incorporated as a "domestic non-profit" that continued to operate 2 years after its status was revoked? What affect does that have on the legal "dissolution" of the organization? Are they still required to donate all remaining funds to another IRS recognized non-profit? What are the legal limitations of the other assets (especially the subscriber list)?

Phillip

Blog Entries
    Safe to assume
    that will mean terminating the website and forum as well? Bogley might have a influx of new members soon.
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    Safe to assume
    that will mean terminating the website and forum as well? Bogley might have a influx of new members soon.
    highly doubtful. my bet is it means the ACA is now becoming canyons and crags. heaven forbid the ACA forum becomes "the swamp 2" (on the ACA forum, the "swamp" is a nickname for bogley, i believe. i've heard more than a few folks call it that)

Bogley BigShot
    How insulting!

Mud bogging over here on Bogley. However, it does seem like most of the mud slinging goes on over there, but we do have our moments.
    Bogley has been online for nearly 7 years and we are growing stronger every year. We ain't going nowhere!

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by restrac2000 View Post
    The "Swamp 2" comment?

(on the ACA forum, the "swamp" is a nickname for bogley, i believe. i've heard more than a few folks call it that)
    Swamp????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I searched the ACA forum with the key word "swamp" and there is only one hit:

Rich (responding to possible ACA options): Move these forums to canyonsandcrags and make them the Canyons & Crags Forums.

Back of Beyond: I like this option, I would hate to see this forum turn into "The Swamp 2"

So I can't see how that is a direct reference to Bogley unless it was also used in a conversation or post outside the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I searched the ACA forum with the key word "swamp" and there is only one hit:

Rich (responding to possible ACA options): Move these forums to canyonsandcrags and make them the Canyons & Crags Forums.

Back of Beyond: I like this option, I would hate to see this forum turn into "The Swamp 2"

So I can't see how that is a direct reference to Bogley unless it was also used in a conversation or post outside the forum.

yes, it is a reference i've heard from a handful of canyoneers in actual conversation, and so i assume that is what james is referencing on the ACA site. but like i said, he could be referencing something else and it's just coincidence, but it is a common reference from the "non-bogley" canyoneering crowd... i reserve the right to be wrong though.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    At least this "swamp" is growing like crazy and doesn't resemble a ghost town with a few old codgers on the porch, pretending life was better in the ol' days, like Rich's site.

Hate to post this in the canyoneering section, but---THERES A WHOLE LOT MORE TO LIFE THAN CANYONEERING.

Canyoneering is only one aspect, for those who it is everything,

Wasn't the swamp the cool tent to hang out in in the movie/tv show MASH?

M

Quote Originally Posted by mdd View Post
    Wasn't the swamp the cool tent to hang out in in the movie/tv show MASH?

M
    Yeah, MASH reference; the swamp was the cool place to be. The tent with the homemade distillery. That sounds a lot like Bogley to me.

The tent with the homemade distillery. That sounds a lot like Bogley to me.
    Crap, Don. What does that make me? Frank Burns? Maybe I can be Charles... Nah, that's not me either. Wait, I want to be Col. Potter.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    Crap, Don. What does that make me? Frank Burns? Maybe I can be Charles... Nah, that's not me either. Wait, I want to be Col. Potter.
    I think that makes you Radar. Grape Nehi anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Skylinerider View Post
    I think that makes you Radar. Grape Nehi anyone?
    Except I don't particularly like animals and I lost my teddy bear a few decades ago.
    Life is Good

Back to the regularly scheduled programing, has a date been tossed out when the ACA site is going away?

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    I lost my teddy bear a few decades ago.

I am sorry

Name:  swamp..jpg
Views: 484
Size:  25.1 KB