Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another crazy rope swing video

Another crazy rope swing video

Anyone know where this is? Same crew as the Corona Arch Swing video I think. Makes Freeze Fest seem tame.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I justed watched this on Fox 13 news.

Blog Entries
    Yup same crew, devinsupertramp.

This was previously done back in 2010, but they just redid it with Devin's filmmaking. I have an idea where it's at, if I remember later tonight ill see if I can post it.
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

You guys are WAY nicer than the Mountain Project crowd. We got flamed like crazy over there for Corona.
    You May All Go To Hell And I Will Go To Texas

6. Likes Sombeech, rockgremlin liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xxnitsuaxx View Post
    You guys are WAY nicer than the Mountain Project crowd. We got flamed like crazy over there for Corona.
    And don't forgot Black Diamond too ;)
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Looks so insanely fun, and the videos are great. Keep 'em coming!

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    This was previously done back in 2010, but they just redid it with Devin's filmmaking.
    Below is the 2010 video. I think the biggest difference is the GoPro camera. GoPro's have really changed the way we film stuff and really help take you into the middle of the action.

You guys did great on the Corona Arch video.

You'll find we're one of the more tolerant outdoor communities

OMG that looks so awesome! I've watched this like 10x lol. Now I can't stop watching the flyboard vid attached. I think this guy is my new hero.

Your safety is not my responsibility.

I heard about this and thought maybe it was the original being redistributed. Here we go again!

Guy pushes girlfriend off cliff

So, to recap: The girlfriend, one Jessica Powell of Meridian, Idaho, is all strapped in and ready to make the jump at this undisclosed location when she begins having doubts, and finally decides not to jump. The boyfriend, one Creighton Baird of Amarillo, Texas, has already jumped and is encouraging her to jump.

"All right, here we go," Graham says.

"No, Devin, not yet, not yet," Powell says. "I'm not going to jump. I don't know if I can jump."

Graham doesn't force the issue, saying, "I'll count down to zero. If you choose not to jump, I'm totally fine with you not jumping."

There are at least 10 countdowns that are for naught as Powell refuses to jump, and she keeps repeating, "I can't do it," until finally telling her boyfriend, "Honey, I don't want to do it."

"Put two hands on the rope," Baird says.

"Please don't push me off," Powell says. "Please don't."

"I am not. I am not going to push you," Baird says. "I'm not going to push you."

Then, of course, he pushes her. And as she swings to the other side of the canyon, you hear Powell's voice loud and clear: "I'm breaking up with you!"

Baird rolls on the ground laughing and says, "I just got dumped."

Scott Rogers, one of the two men who set up the lines, asks if it was worth it.

"It will be worth it," Baird says. "Someday she'll thank me."

"Can I have her number?" asks Rogers, not giving the relationship much hope.

Well, as it turned out, the couple did break up.

"Did they break up that day? No," Dallin Smith, a spokesman for Devin Super Tramp, maker of the video, told GrindTV Outdoor. "After a couple of weeks passed, though, they did end up breaking up for reasons other than the cliff-pushing incident. Afterwards, she just laughed it off.

"I don't remember all that she said because it took her 45 minutes to get back up, and by that time she cooled down. They just kissed and shrugged it off."

Hmmm, definitely not the reaction we might have expected. As for Scott Rogers, it remains unknown whether he has called her yet.

Yeah what a dick for pushing her...

Looks like it is off the Long Canyon Road? I'll pass.

Great videos

Quote Originally Posted by spinesnaper View Post
    Anyone know where this is? Same crew as the Corona Arch Swing video I think. Makes Freeze Fest seem tame.

I just sweat a liter through my palms
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

This was the first Devin Super Tramp video I saw. The best part is this jump and pond are not far from my house. We have been here many times for fun and games.

I just saw a news report this morning where they interviewed the girl. She said prior to even getting rigged up she told him to push her if she tried to chicken out - if it really came to that. She said she wanted to clear his name and that there were no hard feelings. If it were me I think I would have been pissed for a split second then, realizing how awesome it was, I'd be fine. :D
    Keep pulling up stakes. Friend me on facebook.

"Since the ultimate goal of transport technology is the annihilation of space, the compression of all Being into one pure point, it follows that six-packs help." Edward Abbey, Monkey Wrench Gang

I'm calling BS on that. It sounds like she is trying to clear his name NOW.

Nahh. The kid's my brother. Before she even got harnessed in she asked Creighton to push her if it looked like she wasn't going to jump on her own. Devin played it up for the video but that was the plan all along (and she was happy that he did it). They broke up a month and a half later for completely unrelated reasons.
    You May All Go To Hell And I Will Go To Texas

23. Likes Penelope liked this post