Thread: Recommendations? The Swell! March 3/4

Recommendations? The Swell! March 3/4

Hello Fellow Canyoneers,

I am planning to head down to the Swell this weekend to climb one day and hopefully drop a canyon the next. I need your help. I don't know what canyon to explore! We are planning on climbing in the northern region of the swell so it would be great to try a canyon that is not too far of a trek away. I'm looking for a canyon in the 3 A II or III range. Any suggestions?
    I am an experienced canyoneer and will be going with another experienced canyoneer and bringing along a newbee.
    Looking forward to your thoughts.

Cheers,

Whit

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Hello Whit,

I put together a map. http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...nyoneering-Map

Zoom in and check out the northern swell. Most of the locations I've posted in that area are 3A or 3B. I'd ask around to see if the canyons of your choice are dry before venturing out.

Hope this helps,
    Bob
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

Which canyon you do will depend on whether or not you have a wetsuit. If you have a wetsuit, canyons like North Fork Iron Wash might be reasonable, but not I wouldn't recommend it without one. Forget about canyons like Segers Hole or Cable.

The only canyons that I know for a fact are dry right now (or at least as of last weekend) are Box Spring Canyon and Old Woman Wash, but neither is on anyone's best canyons list.

Quandary is probably pretty dry and might be a good one to try. Since it's reversible before hitting the potential wet spots, I'd say it is worth a shot and that there is a pretty good chance of dry conditions. Ramp should be good as well. Upper Chute/Baptist may be OK as well, but it would be prudent to take a wetsuit in case it's not.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Big storm across the southland today, might be wet all over. I would suggest going to North Wash as the best canyon ventures close to the Swell.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia View Post
    I would suggest going to North Wash as the best canyon ventures close to the Swell.
    x2