Thread: Um Adami Peak, Wadi Rum Jordan

Um Adami Peak, Wadi Rum Jordan

Over Christmas vacation my family and I took a trip to Egypt and Jordan. In Jordan we utilized Wadi Rum Mountain Guides to take us scrambling in some of the peaks and canyons of the Wadi Rum area for 3 days. I would recommend this organization. It was easy to tailor our itinerary and we had our own guide the whole time.

Our first day we spent the morning scrambling up a peak named Um Adami. It's actually the highest peak in Jordan, and very near the Saudi Arabia border. It was a pretty easy climb of about 1400 feet with mostly class 2/3 stuff, but it gave some wonderful views over the Wadi Rum and it was a good introduction to the area and made for a gentle transition to some of the harder stuff we did in the next days.

It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I keep coming back to this thread hoping the slideshow will be working but still nada. Maybe the privacy settings aren't set correctly?

Oops! Guess that explains the lack of comments I think I have it fixed now, please let me know. Thanks!
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Yep, working fine now, Paul.
    Very interesting country, not unlike parts of the CP.

Nice pictures of this climb to a summit in the beautiful desert of Wadi Rum (with colors who remain those of the American Southwest), thank you for sharing.

I've done 2 trips (one week each ) in Jordania, focused on hiking and Petra. During the first one (10 years ago), we spent 3 days in the Wadi Rum, only hiking as our local guide had fear of he
    ights. So, with a friend, we had to find our way and to climb by ourselves to the top of Burdah Arch (have you been there ?) as we wanted to climb a summit.

Philippe

Hi Phillipe - Yes we did Burdah Arch and I'll be posting that next. I'm impressed you found your way yourselves, it wasn't obvious. Our guide had no fear of heights (that would have been a deal killer!). There are definitely some exposed sections along the Burdah Arch and also Rakebat Canyon which we did our last day. We also hiked quite a bit around Petra and even did a short slot canyon there (all to be posted soon!).

Hi !

Yes we did Burdah Arch and I'll be posting that next. I'm impressed you found your way yourselves, it wasn't obvious
    I remember that it was not obvious, but there were a few cairns and sometimes we did several tries to find the right route. We were two guys in good shape (I would have not did it alone) and at that time we were cliff climbers in France, so we had no fear of heights.

I can't wait to see all your next pictures !

If you like deserts, you can have a look on my website to the pictures from my last trip in Sahara (South Algeria) http://www.phschuler.com/usa2006/(%2...20)/index.html .

I love deserts (I've done 8 trips in Sahara, 2 trips in Jordania, 1 in Sina

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    Yep, working fine now, Paul.
    Very interesting country, not unlike parts of the CP.
    Yeah I heard Jordan named that part of land after Moab, Ut [/sarcasm tag]