Thread: TR: Moab weekend May 8-10

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar

TR: Moab weekend May 8-10

I spent the past weekend in Moab and Monticello with the wife and 16 month old son. Wife's best friend in college was getting married. Since she had never been to Arches I decided to take her to see some classics. Would have loved to do some Canyoneering, but kind of difficult hauling my 16 month old son in a child carrier while rappelling. Think I would be reported to CPS for that. So the more hard core stuff will have to wait.

The trip started out like this as we are rushing out the door.

Me: We need the camera. Did you pack the camera?

Mrs. Trackrunner: yes I did

later after we had left . . .

Me: that's really cool. I want to get a picture of that. Where did you pack the camera.

Mrs. Trackrunner: shoot I didn't pack the camera. Did you remember?

so sorry no pictures

Hiked Delicate Arch after the reception in Moab on Friday.

A lot of photographers were setting up hoping to capture the full moon that night with Delicate Arch.

Did Devil's Garden the next day. I finally got to hike to Double O arch, Dark Angle, & Private Arch.

First time I attempted to go that far I was hiking with my father and we had gotten out on the fin portion of the trail towards Double O to hike towards the end. Suddenly he stops and tells me he doesn

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Moab is better than Disney land.
    Glad you had a great time. Moab, Cedar Mesa, Elk Ridge, Monument Valley, Canyonland, the Mountains of Southwest Colorado, Arches, San Juan and Colorado Rivers, Lake Powell, etc., etc., etc. Disneyland indeed...
    The gostak distims the doshes.

Re: TR: Moab weekend May 8-10

Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner
    On the way to the swimming hole there was a police road block. I politely asked if it was closed. The officer told me yes but that I could still access the swimming hole through the back way. And then he started dishing out more free beta. This was a bad ass cop. Young guy shaved head, goatee, and smoking a cigarette. All he did was inhale the cigarette never exhaled.
    I was stopped on the same road and spoke with the same cop this weekend when we tried to swim.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhaha
    Moab is better than Disney land.
    Glad you had a great time. Moab, Cedar Mesa, Elk Ridge, Monument Valley, Canyonland, the Mountains of Southwest Colorado, Arches, San Juan and Colorado Rivers, Lake Powell, etc., etc., etc. Disneyland indeed...
    Yep. Spent the nights in your hood. got a hotel in Monticello. The nearby mountains look intersting.

Trackrunner: Sounds like a nice trip. We will be heading there w/in the next 10 days. Mind sharing the swimming hole location? I hope the weather remains nice so a soak in a cool pool will top off the day. Our trip starts tomorrow, not certain when I get to Arches/Canyonland area. Zion, Bryce and Escalante first. Thanks, Charlie

Summit42: Beautiful pictures. I just joined this site and am impressed with a lot of your stuff. You really capture the sky. I hope it is half as beautiful when I get there tomorrow...I'm so pumped for the trip.

Didn't go to the one swiming hole shane has pictured. But it's easy to find.

http://climb-utah.com/Moab/mill.htm