Thread: Quick Trip to Island in the Sky

Quick Trip to Island in the Sky

We were all feeling a little stir crazy so we jumped in the van and took a quick drive to Island in the Sky. It was mostly a drive with one short hike to Mesa Arch and short jaunts to the various overlooks. The weather was great and a good time was had by all.

I wanted to ask and see if anyone has ever followed the White Rim Road all the way around? If so, how many days did you take?

Also, these is supposed to be a small slot at the base of the Wilhite Trail. Anyone ever been through it?
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    The gostak distims the doshes.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Looks like a great day - nice to get the whole crew outside.

I have no answers to your questions, I'm afraid, though I'm considering doing something on the White Rim myself, at some point, so I'll be watching for replies, too.

I finally (finally!) got around to checking out your signature on The Google (isn't the Wide Wide World of Web a wonderful thing?) and, hey, that's very cool. Thanks for expanding my mind a bit!

hmmm ... thanks

I drove a support vehicle for a group of mountain bikers over a spring break about 6 years ago. Got time to do a little hiking. We had one driver slash two sidewalls so had to make a double time trip out about midway to Moab to get tires.
    Best campsite we had was at White Crack. I think our first nite was at Airport which was ok, and last was Potato Bottom ( not sure correct name last one).
    Nice scenery but IMO the Maze is better. Maybe if I had more time to explore my opinion would be different.
    You can rest when you're dead

Bogley BigShot
    I love that family shot under the arch!!!!!

I hit Island In The Sky on my way out of Moab on Sunday. Here's a few of my pics:

La Sal Mountains:

Steve Taking Me for a Walk:

Upheaval Dome Panorama:

I wanted to ask and see if anyone has ever followed the White Rim Road all the way around?
    Yes.

If so, how many days did you take?
    2-3 days, but since I go hiking I wish I spent more each time.

Also, these is supposed to be a small slot at the base of the Wilhite Trail. Anyone ever been through it?
    Yes. One awkward chockstone and then it ends in a big drop. No slot below the drop.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.