Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Robbers Roost Distance to Lodging

Quote Originally Posted by LJF View Post
    You're a brave Bootboy spewing all your crap from behind a keyboard. Face to face, I highly doubt you'd be talking the same stupid crap. Remember, your the one that initiated my responses so if you're going to talk trash, be man enough to accept what comes back at you, little Bootboy
    Well if you make post saying you want a wilderness experience with out having to, god forbid, sleep in a damn tent, be prepared to be called a wuss.

I would say it to your face. I'd tell you to man up and sleep on the ground, it's not that big of a deal.

So is that threat of physical violence?
    Nice.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

You're the sensitive one who first resorted to name calling and making lewd, incestuous jokes.

Lighten up dude.

Scott P, I like to bust people's balls as much as anyone. What you posted wasn't bad, I just didn't think you needed to harp on that I did 1/2 of the Narrows and a couple of non-technical slots. Its cool, no big deal.

I get it that this is a hard, dangerous hobby that needs to be respected in a huge way or else. I don't want anyone on this forum to think I'm naive about what you all do...its f-ing impressive to say the least. Who knows, we may just hike and take pictures and do some of the easy stuff that's within my capabilities on this trip.

Thanks again for that info.

Bootboy, I'm not looking for a fight with anyone and willing to call a truce and start from scratch with you but don't confuse the fact that you started the downward spiral of communications by calling me a "pantywaist" and that I needed to "grow a pair"

Like I said, if you throw that type of stuff at someone, what comes back may be even worse.

If I was looking for a fight I could call my ex-wife but I'm not so enough and peace out, OK?

One other thing Bootboy, I never said I wanted the whole wilderness experience. I get it that this may seem bizare to you but like some of the others that chimed in wrote, not everyone wants to camp out.

Honestly, I'd like to camp out more than stay in a hotel but my hips are shot and the last time I slept on the floor or ground I had trouble walking the next day. If I can't walk well, being in the Roost is not going to be smart or much fun. If I sleep on a bed, even a shitty one in Hanksville, I got a fighting chance after my meds kick in and I do my stretching, to do some hiking. Not like I used to but enough to enjoy the great surroundings and make it an enjoyable day. When I get my new hips soon, I probably will camp out there.

There you go, the real reason for preferring lodging.

So when did "canyoneering" start to mean someone also wanted a wilderness experience? Some of my best weekends canyoneering have been when we did more of a "water park" approach.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

LJF, you'll have to get used to Bootboy. He'll be a total jerk, then tell you to lighten up when you say anything back. He's an elitist canyoneer and one of the more unpleasant members of bogley. But he likes himself, and that's all that matters to him.

LJF to get this back on track what has peaked your interest in the Roost? As Scott has said there are a lot of nice places to go that aren't so freaking remote. I like Shane will always prefer a motel over a tent. Nothing better then a nice shower at the end of the day.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    So when did "canyoneering" start to mean someone also wanted a wilderness experience? Some of my best weekends canyoneering have been when we did more of a "water park" approach.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3
    I've done the one day, multi canyon blitzes, nothing wrong with that. But the remoteness of the Roost by its nature I think constitutes a wilderness experience, or something like unto it.

Quote Originally Posted by qedcook View Post
    LJF, you'll have to get used to Bootboy. He'll be a total jerk, then tell you to lighten up when you say anything back. He's an elitist canyoneer and one of the more unpleasant members of bogley. But he likes himself, and that's all that matters to him.
    Oh yeah, I do that all the time...
    Pretty much my only contribution, if you even want to call it that. Therein lies the total invalidity of my entire membership here...

Moab Mark, agreed that there are many other awesome less remote area in Utah than the Roost. I've been to the 5 national parks several times and would go to any of them again. It's the remoteness and history of the Roost that interests my buddy and I.

Nothing definitive set up yet and plans could change but I'd say it's more than likely we head there.

For me, making day trips to the Roost from Hanksville wouldn't be that bad...if it weren't for the washboard roads. We were out there last April and it was mile after mile after long mile of constant pounding. I love the signs telling people to slow down--like anyone is going to do that.

For as much as the park service drives those roads, I wish they would occasionally drag some kind of chain harrow, or something similar, behind their trucks to help smooth it out. But I'm sure that's asking way too much.

That's why I was totally serious when I mentioned an RV. You have your comfy bed and everything else that goes with it, without the bone jarring commute everyday.

14. Likes Slot Machine liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by deagol View Post
    this could be a good opportunity to show an example of the preferred Robber's Roost canyoneering attire to those unfamiliar with it...
    Heck yes. Wear a tuxedo, or GTFO.

http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...70544-Alcatraz

Quote Originally Posted by LJF View Post
    You're a brave Bootboy spewing all your crap from behind a keyboard. Face to face, I highly doubt you'd be talking the same stupid crap. Remember, your the one that initiated my responses so if you're going to talk trash, be man enough to accept what comes back at you, little Bootboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootboy View Post
    I guess you would need a place to plug in you curling iron and blow dryer...
    Clever burn scorecard:

LJF: 0 Bootboy: 0

Most boring slap fight I've ever witnessed!

LJF, all you have to say is something like, "Tell me more about the zero times you have visited the Roost", then you score a point. Shortly thereafter a Bogley membership card will be mailed to your home.

THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootboy View Post
    Oh yeah, I do that all the time...
    Pretty much my only contribution, if you even want to call it that. Therein lies the total invalidity of my entire membership here...
    I thought snark, meanness and general obnoxiousness was a REQUIREMENT for "full" fellowship here on Bogley. Certainly LJF joined in on the food fight enthusiastically at an early point in his Bogley-career.

Motel 6? VERY cheap rates... Best game in town....
    Name:  image5764.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  85.0 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    canyon to the face??? CANYON TO THE FACE!!!!

While Bootboy is out in the desert saying,

Name:  unnamed (1).jpg
Views: 306
Size:  26.4 KB

I'm back at my motel like,

Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  53.0 KB
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia View Post
    I thought snark, meanness and general obnoxiousness was a REQUIREMENT for "full" fellowship here on Bogley. Certainly LJF joined in on the food fight enthusiastically at an early point in his Bogley-career.

I wear my badge proudly

Nice lodging Erik B. I'm OK with that.

I am loving this thread. Page 3 of this crap.

Robbers Roost Distance to Lodging

I'll bite.

Slotmachine: the guy who by his own admission, took twenty-something times to get the pack toss in the Squeeze.

My scrawny little self made it not once, but twice in a row with a one handed potshot toss. 2 for 2 baby.
    I'm pretty much a badass...

Maybe your feeble old ass needs that motel bed right after your Bengay and Geritol....

Haha!

23. Likes oldno7 liked this post