Page 30 of 72 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Cue the Anti-AR15 Crowd in 3, 2, 1.....

And, how many people have heard of this other shooting event from Saturday? No? Could it be because shooter bad guy was shot and killed by civilian good guy with a gun?

https://www.wnem.com/police-father-d...TayxLGw9rBBlfo
    Are we there yet?

2. Likes BasinCruiser liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I did read about that on MSN this morning. It was a short article. Maybe 3 paragraphs with not a lot of information in it.

Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    And, how many people have heard of this other shooting event from Saturday? No? Could it be because shooter bad guy was shot and killed by civilian good guy with a gun?

https://www.wnem.com/police-father-d...TayxLGw9rBBlfo

It's another case of DFN....

Doesn't Fit the Narrative

I often wonder what kind of a society would we live in if the media reported objectively...
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    It's another case of DFN....

Doesn't Fit the Narrative

I often wonder what kind of a society would we live in if the media reported objectively...
    i dunno, rock, i’m seeing that story reported on many sites, including TIME, washington post, NYT, CBSNEWS, AP, etc.

maybe it’s just your narrative that doesn’t fit?

Quote Originally Posted by stefan View Post
    i dunno, rock, i’m seeing that story reported on many sites, including TIME, washington post, NYT, CBSNEWS, AP, etc.

Doesn't Fit the Narrative....

Could be a case of "you-see-what-you-want-to-see" - itis. There's a lot of that going around these days.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

This may sound strange, but I've got an analogy for the human race. At least in terms of death before your time.

Image a giant field of dominoes stacked on end. Very close together, billions of them. Every now and then one vibrates, and then it explodes. Those are suicides.

When one explodes and takes out some around it, those are mass killers. Out to make a mark.

I'm hopeful never to be that close to one that goes off. I think looking down on this field of dominoes would reveal vibrating and exploding ones damn near everywhere you looked.

I'm just in my spot minding my own business. I wish all other dominoes everywhere the best of luck.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by stefan View Post

maybe it’s just your narrative that doesn’t fit?
    I agree the story is being reported by numerous news sources, but it is buried in many of their news feeds. It's certainly not front page and/or 'above the fold' with most news sources.

This should be front page news, the guy stopped a mass shooting and both he and his kid took a bullet for the team... that their is major HERO shit, don't bury the story on page 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I agree the story is being reported by numerous news sources, but it is buried in many of their news feeds. It's certainly not front page and/or 'above the fold' with most news sources.

This should be front page news, the guy stopped a mass shooting and both he and his kid took a bullet for the team... that their is major HERO shit, don't bury the story on page 3.

i would need more evidence of the news site's thinking to jump to the conclusion that they're intentionally buried. otherwise it's just speculation. numerous stories, many seemingly very important, filter through news sites each day and appear "buried" because they aren't sticky front-and-center headlines. but it's also clear that folks like to fit their narrative wherever it suits them regardless of whether it's right.

11. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Kill the bad guys. Kill 'em all. That's my narrative.

I think it'll be great if these knuckleheads know that every time they pull out a gun damn near everyone around would fill them full of lead.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    Kill the bad guys. Kill 'em all. That's my narrative.

I think it'll be great if these knuckleheads know that every time they pull out a gun damn near everyone around would fill them full of lead, along with 8 or 9 bystanders.

FIFY

^^^ You have obviously never attended a class on firearms of any type because one of the three golden rules of any such class is "know your target an beyond".

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    ^^^ You have obviously never attended a class on firearms of any type because one of the three golden rules of any such class is "know your target an beyond".
    It's not me I'm worried about. It's the untrained cowboy wannabe that makes me worried. I know a lot of concealed permit holders, at least 15% of them shouldn't be shooting bb guns let alone real guns. And at least concealed permit holders have taken some initiative and taken a class. Can you imagine it 70% of our population was packing heat? Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    FIFY
    You didn't fix a damn thing. You either don't get it or your head is in the clouds.

Let's hope you're never in a situation where you're praying with all your might that someone with a gun will show up to kill the freak that's trying to kill you.

I reckon a bunch of folks that survived that synagogue wish they had one to shoot back...otherwise they're fools.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

17. Likes BasinCruiser liked this post
    You didn't fix a damn thing. You either don't get it or your head is in the clouds.

Let's hope you're never in a situation where you're praying with all your might that someone with a gun will show up to kill the freak that's trying to kill you.

I reckon a bunch of folks that survived that synagogue wish they had one to shoot back...otherwise they're fools.
    What's not to get? That the chance of being involved in a shooting like that is so minuscule as to not even enter my thoughts? I'm much more likely to get run down by a texting mom in a Honda Odyssey, so why would I want a bunch of untrained yahoos walking around with a gun? I see how stupid the average human is everyday so no thanks to them all carrying guns. If everyone carried a gun then sure you may stop these extremely rare events a little faster, but you'd also have 10x more accidental shootings. Look up the stats on handguns in the house. Much more likely to end up accidentally shooting someone or giving easy suicide access to a depressed teen than you are to take out an intruder.

I'm not an anti 2A guy either by the way, if you want a gun, get one. But please for the love of god get some training and lock it up from your kids. Also please don't delude yourself in thinking that you are somehow safer, cus you ain't.

I'm not an anti 2A guy either by the way, if you want a gun, get one. But please for the love of god get some training and lock it up from your kids. Also please don't delude yourself in thinking that you are somehow safer, cus you ain't.
    I agree with the get some training and to safely store your firearms... as for the last part... it's better to have and not need, then to need and not have.

Climb-Utah.com

What's not to get? That the chance of being involved in a shooting like that is so minuscule as to not even enter my thoughts?

if you want a gun, get one. Also please don't delude yourself in thinking that you are somehow safer, cus you ain't.
    I'm sure those folks in the synagogue thought the same thing.

I'd feel considerably "safer" looking down at the corpse of the killer with a still warm gun in my hand.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

21. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    I'm sure those folks in the synagogue thought the same thing.

I'd feel considerably "safer" looking down at the corpse of the killer with a still warm gun in my hand.
    Probably. And the 24,000 people that get killed by lightning each year probably wish they never left the house when a cloud was in the sky. As for me, I will continue not being scared of minuscule odds. Safety concerns aside, carrying a gun around just seems like an enormous pita.

Safety concerns aside, carrying a gun around just seems like an enormous pita.
    Then let it be a PITA for the carrier. Just let it be.

I can't figure you out, dude. On one hand, you've got the smarts, on the other you argue against it.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

It's like carrying your cell phone, wallet or car keys, after you do it for a while you feel naked without and it's no more hassle then any of the other items mentioned.