Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The BIG BogleyFest: TBD

The BIG BogleyFest: TBD

I would like help in planning the BIGGEST BogleyFest to date. If you use the search box you can find dozens of fests of all sizes over the years. This one will be the BIGGEST.

If you are a great planner or just have input and suggestions. Please post here and lets get this mutha planned. You wont want to miss it fo sho...and I'll need help planning it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who? - ALL who want to have a good time, see old friends and meet new ones at the BIGGEST Bogleyfest on record.

What? - All types of outdoor activities. BIG Campfire, music, conversation, beverages, great food, tents, campers, laughing, story telling...and all that! Maybe a naked guy on a bike! Ya just never know...

When? - TBD

Where?
    - TBD
    Why? - Because we can and it will be a blast!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

How about taking over what's left of Hite Marina? LOL...I'm sure that little gas station would dig the business. Which location in the past was most popular? Perhaps you could take a poll? It would be nice to be close to water and canyons to explore. I know a perfect candidate but it's a rough road getting there, requiring HCV...Bowdie Point. That's not a serious suggestion, but talk about private!

I'd say go back to the place most agree was the best.

4. Likes Writeabove liked this post
    ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Keeping an eye on this thread. Depends on where and when.
    Chere'

6. Likes bowjunkie, mattandersao liked this post
    White Canyon might be a good place, or the road between Gravel and Cheesebox. Long way from supplies though, come equipped, I guess. Lots to do around there...

I am actually going to be on a road trip from June 21-July 1, kicking it all around St. George, Zion and surrounding areas. I will keep an eye on this so if it coincides, maybe I can swing by. I will have MTB and canyon gear. Moab in June will be HOT, FYI. The one fest we did, I rented out the group/RV camp spot out on Potash Road and it fit quite a few people and we had more than enough room. Sandflats also has group camp spots that you must reserve, but I am thinking if you hit up Moab in June, you may want to find a spot down near the river.
    http://www.blm.gov/ut/st/en/fo/moab/...mpgrounds.html

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    Keeping an eye on this thread. Depends on where and when.
    x1

Moab sounds great, and works because it's pretty close to me. I know the CG on Potash Rd that Alison is talking about, and it's pretty big - can definitely handle a large crowd 'o peeps. Bonus: right across the road from Corona Arch trail, and right next to the river. The Kane Springs campground is also big, and closer to town, but isn't situated with nice beaches to the river.

Sonya

Art & photography blog

Facebook Studio Page

"I lost my virginity, but I still have the box it came in"

If doing Moab the group campground you want is probably "Gold Bar" on Potash Road. For information or for reservations, call the Bureau of Land Management Moab Field Office at (435) 259-2100.

Anything beyond the first week of June will be HOT in Moab, Swell, Roost, Cedar Mesa, Yada, Yada....

Large groups can be problematic in Zion because of the permit system, but it does work in summer because of all the water.

Large groups work well in the San Rafael Swell. Camping at the Hidden Splendor Airstip is popular with large groups. Lots of options and plenty of room. But you want to avoid the summer heat.

Motel 6 (Granary Springs) works for large groups in the Roost, but same heat problems as the Swell.

Sandthrax works for large groups near Hanksville, but that is a late fall, winter, early spring location.

You need to first decide WHERE and than start working on WHEN as locations go in and out of season depending on time of year...

Moab is always nice because it allows mtn bikers, hikers, ATV, canyoneers, and climbers to mix and match, which pretty much covers the full spectrum of Bogley. If doing a summer Bogley trip you might want to talk with one of the rafting companies about a group deal. Last time I booked a group deal is was $35 a person and inculded lunch, which was fun and relaxing. The rafting company provided the duckies, lunch, transportation and we did the paddling. Which I consider a bargin if I don't have to deal with rafts and logistics.

Might consider camping up in higher elevations in the La Sals if looking into Moab. Great mountain biking, less competition for campsites, cooler temps and plenty of hiking. Best views of the area are up there in the summer (and winter).

Phillip

12. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    Moab would be nice, lots of mtn biking, canyoneering, and we could dirt bike the white rrim. However I've been there in May and June and btoh I would consider to be HOT. When we were there a few years ago in the first week of May it was easily too hot to be tent camping. So if looking at MOab I would say to plan it for the fall.

If wanting to do it earlier, I'd say southern Utah, like the Zion /Kolob Terrace area. There are some large areas up on the Kolob terrace by the reservoir that could easily accommodate large groups. There's water, bathrooms, shade, etc, and it'd free. It works in June whereas Moab will be too hot. Plus there is superb mtn biking nearby, warm weather canyoneering, fishing, hiking, dirt biking, etc. Just a thought. We could easily set up a day to shuttle up to Navajo or Brianhead for some mtn biking or down to gooseberry for the bikers. We could set up trips into the canyons nearby, like Kolob, Boundary, etc. Dirt biking......tons of options, lots of fantastic fly fishing near there.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

The Kolob Res. area can absorb a lot of people. Heads up if planning on using Hwy 14 for the Brianhead Shuttle as it will only be opened for small windows starting June 1 (closed 7am to 7pm weekdays; closed 7am to 5pm weekends). They have just recently moved in the big equipment for the landslide cleanup:

http://www.udot.utah.gov/main/f?p=100:pg:0:::1:T,V:3571

15. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    I'm watching this thread for dates and location. I've not yet participated in any recent events and meeting some of the folks here certainly wouldn't hurt.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Quote Originally Posted by restrac2000 View Post
    The Kolob Res. area can absorb a lot of people. Heads up if planning on using Hwy 14 for the Brianhead Shuttle as it will only be opened for small windows starting June 1 (closed 7am to 7pm weekdays; closed 7am to 5pm weekends). They have just recently moved in the big equipment for the landslide cleanup:

http://www.udot.utah.gov/main/f?p=100:pg:0:::1:T,V:3571
    I squeaked in one last mountain bike shuttle the weekend before the slide last year.

Kolob is a great idea! Pretty up there.
    Chere'

18. Likes abirken liked this post
    Good suggestions!

Please vote on a location first and then we will decide on a date: http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...BIG-BogleyFest

I'd like to attend. I really like My T Pimp's suggestion of Torrey Utah...
    Also, I'm doing Army stuff June 1st through the 17th so maybe try not to aim for those dates...

I'll be outta the country in June, but if it somehow ends up happening in July - I'm in! I'll be in the process of moving to SLC then, but don't start school till August so will be looking for things to do:) I'll keep my eye on this thread!

I'm procrastinating again! Decided to hit the old haunt....dammit, I wish Bogley wasn't blocked at work! I can't hang out from there, and generally don't have time from home. I miss the Political section the most! :(
    Anyhow - I would love to see y'all and hope that the timing/place coincides with my ability to attend the next fest!
    I'll check back often and hope to make it! :)
    If the shoe fits ~ pretend it doesn

It looks like we are pretty close on choosing a location with "Zion - Kolob Terrace/Reservoir" in the lead. At the end of the day, the date and location won't work for everyone...impossible. Hopeful with it being two days on either side of the weekend, it'll give people options.

Throwing out the day June 15-18! Who's in?

I say do one more poll with

June 15-18
    June 22-25
    Either Weekend

see which weekend gets the most votes.
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    June 22-25
    Beech's wife's b-day is on that weekend...

i c
    Chere'