Thread: Site Issues and Updates 1-24-22

Site Issues and Updates 1-24-22

Short-Term Plan: The software Bogley runs on has been upgraded to a less vulnerable version of itself, which is the latest version available of what Bogley currently runs on. The latest database backup we had before it starting going south (getting hacked) was 01/07/22, so it has been restored to that point. We’ll cross our fingers and keep an eye on it. There is an upgrade available to the very latest version of the software. It will cost more $$$ and time. The web hosting package for Bogley has just been downgraded as well, to decrease expenses. We’ll keep an eye on that as well.

Long-Term Plan: The Google Ads on the site have only been covering about half of the expenses to keep Bogley alive for the last 2+ years, so it’s in the hole. That’s due in large part because the website has been flagged by Google Adsense countless times for inappropriate content. When this happens, Google blocks the thread that was flagged from serving ads and they ding our earnings. The list is 10 miles long of threads that Google has found with an inappropriate photo or whatever, so yeah the site hasn’t been paying the bills. An idea could be to have users chip in, but that might create an expectation.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks for the update.
    You can stop folks from posting visible swearwords by using auto-editing software would help the G-Ads & bots detecting those words and auto-deleting them.

I know one Mod (maybe former Mod) who swears too much here.

Is it swear words or just the topics discussed altogether?...lots and lots of forums with raunchy language, even on Facebook.

I got a feeling the high shaking heads at Google disapprove of a bunch of right wing, redneck, no holds barred, anything goes letting loose on politics, sociology, feminism, race issues, etc...I may be wrong about that but these days I just might be right.

Too bad this site is getting hacked like it is. I actually missed it quite a bit.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob L View Post
    Thanks for the update.
    You can stop folks from posting visible swearwords by using auto-editing software would help the G-Ads & bots detecting those words and auto-deleting them.

I know one Mod (maybe former Mod) who swears too much here.
    I don’t think it’s language as much. Bogley gets flagged the most for sexual explicit content, etc. Scroll down this article a bit, you’ll find it and probably other reasons Bogley gets flagged too.

https://support.google.com/adsense/a...10502938?hl=en

Here is a sampling. Again, see this article and I'm sure you can spot some obvious violations: https://support.google.com/adsense/a...10502938?hl=en

Would it generate more revenue for the site if I actually clicked on the ads?

Looks like the new "update" won't let me click a like on a post? Also, in regards to the Google hand slaps I clicked on the links above and couldn't bring up anything specific regarding Bogley...just the general rules and regulations. Whoever it may be that's getting a bit to "sexually explicit", perhaps send that person a PM and tell them to knock it off. Although...I don't see any naked anything around here...some hot chicks in Rebel bikinis but not full on T&A.

Oh well...let's see how long it takes before we piss somebody off at Google again.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    That’s due in large part because the website has been flagged by Google Adsense countless times for inappropriate content. When this happens, Google blocks the thread that was flagged from serving ads and they ding our earnings.
    Ummm, Iceaxe, what do you have you to say for yourself? I think your penalty should be to pony up some cash to save this poor site!
    Life is Good

Oh, and I can't attach photos. Probably a bug you are working out.
    Life is Good

This is what I think of your dumbass hypothesis....

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    'MERICA! Now if she could only extract from that confederate flag!

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    This is what I think of your dumbass hypothesis....
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce