Thread: Joshua Tree National Park

Joshua Tree National Park

Does any have any suggestions for a one day trip in Joshua Tree National Park?

Thanks for the help.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by witt View Post
    Does any have any suggestions for a one day trip in Joshua Tree National Park?

Thanks for the help.
    What are you interested is doing?
    Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden

I did a one day trip there a few years ago. I drove in the North Entrance and went out to the Cholla Cactus Garden, came back and played around in the rocks by White Tank CG (Arch Rock was nice), drove out to Keys View, stopped to photograph Skull Rock and did the hike to Barker Dam, exited the West Entrance.

This was easily done, starting in Palm Springs and returned there by afternoon. There is a lot climbing in park but it's not something I do.

Win

Album from there, this was in early February.

http://winpics.fototime.com/Joshua%20Tree%20N.P.
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com

Thanks for the info. I am looking to do some hiking and photography.

I was in the park yesterday. The flowers are going to be great this year. I would suggest coming into the park off the 10 freeway via Cottonwood and driving through to the park to the town of Joshua Tree.
    Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden

8000 climbing routes and counting...

Not sure when you'll be there, but, there's a couple of big parties this Friday and Saturday night in the area. Nomad's knows the locations. I'll be there. Benefit at the Gordon Ranch on Saturday night.

I go for the climbing, but, have been to the Cholla Garden (neat). Also, its fun to wander around in the Wonderland. I've heard the Keyes Ranch is neat. Barker Dam. Echo. Hidden Valley. Real Hidden Valley. Quail Springs. White Tanks. Indian Cove. Jumbo. Ryan. Obviously climbing destinations, but, nice for scenery too.

I think the loop you can drive from 29 Palms and around and out to the town of Joshua Tree has some great scenery, with plenty of places to pull over and hike/shoot photo's. Near both entrances in each town are good visitor centers where you can pick up broshures on the popular stuff.

Where will you be coming from?

From Ohio through LA. Thanks for the help.

Hike to one of the Palm Canyons and get a glimpse of what the ecology of the area was like during the last ice age.
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

The flowers were incredible in Joshua Tree today! We went into the park from the Cottonwood entrance off the 10. The weather has been hot the last couple of days and the flowers are in full bloom. In the high part of the park, they are still not quite ready, but they should be really nice by next weekend.

We were at Joshua Tree on Friday and the flower were beautiful. I tried to post some pictures, but I am not allowed. Thank for all the INFO.

Where did you go?

You need five posts before you can show Picts.

Tell us more about your trip. :-)

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum