Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL & National Anthem

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    I'll just say one more thing about the players protest before I chalk this thread up to one more debate won by me. I'm undefeated! Never Lost!
    Actually Trump won this one the moment he turned kneeling for the National Anthem into a debate on patriotism.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    White privilege is an excuse used by those too lazy to get up in the morning and put in a hard days work.

^^^THIS^^^

NFL & National Anthem

Donald Trump calls off Eagles' White House visit over national anthem dispute

“The Philadelphia Eagles are unable to come to the White House with their full team to be celebrated tomorrow. They disagree with their President because he insists that they proudly stand for the National Anthem, hand on heart, in honor of the great men and women of our military and the people of our country. The Eagles wanted to send a smaller delegation, but the 1,000 fans planning to attend the event deserve better. These fans are still invited to the White House to be part of a different type of ceremony — one that will honor our great country, pay tribute to the heroes who fight to protect it, and loudly and proudly play the National Anthem. I will be there at 3:00 p.m. with the United States Marine Band and the United States Army Chorus to celebrate America.”

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Donald Trump calls off Eagles' White House visit over national anthem dispute

“The Philadelphia Eagles are unable to come to the White House with their full team to be celebrated tomorrow. They disagree with their President because he insists that they proudly stand for the National Anthem, hand on heart, in honor of the great men and women of our military and the people of our country. The Eagles wanted to send a smaller delegation, but the 1,000 fans planning to attend the event deserve better. These fans are still invited to the White House to be part of a different type of ceremony — one that will honor our great country, pay tribute to the heroes who fight to protect it, and loudly and proudly play the National Anthem. I will be there at 3:00 p.m. with the United States Marine Band and the United States Army Chorus to celebrate America.”

Right on! This is why I like the guy. Smack those assholes right in the mouth.

The only ugly bit of this is that those players that would like to be honored at the White House have it ruined by the stupid sissies on their team.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Boom!

Trump fires back over nixed Eagles visit: ‘No escaping to Locker Rooms!’

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...ker-rooms.html

Perhaps the ones that are "protesting" can go hang out with Obama and have a "let's piss off more black folks" party. Nice job, boys...keep up the anger.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

lol, I saw that this morning and figured it would make your guys panties moist.

The irony of course is that not one player on the Eagles took a knee even once last year, and less than 10 players even planned on going to the white house. But facts never get in the way of good propaganda with this regime. Gotta hand it to him though, he has done a great job of equating any dissent for the government as unpatriotic and an assault on the military. Pretty good maneuver for a draft dodger and a nice distraction from the current state of the white house.

9. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    The irony of course is that not one player on the Eagles took a knee even once last year, and less than 10 players even planned on going to the white house.
    Don't tell me you're really buying that number 10 are you.... ROFLMAO

FWIW that's a #FakeNews number. File that number right under the Melania hasn't been seen in public because Trump beats her story.

But the number is really not important. What you should notice is Trump just won another battle in the NFL kneeling controversy. And yes his supporters love it....

One of the first lessons my pappy taught me in life was "When you find yourself in a hole stop digging and put down the shovel". The NFL and its players have yet to learn this lesson.

Ah, yes...moist indeed. Dripping wet, actually!
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    Perhaps the ones that are "protesting" can go hang out with Obama and have a "let's piss off more black folks" party. Nice job, boys...keep up the anger.
    I liked what the Warriors did, they went to a DC Boys and Girl club and a rec center. They didn't make a big deal about it either.

14. Likes twotimer liked this post
    I liked what the Warriors did, they went to a DC Boys and Girl club and a rec center. They didn't make a big deal about it either.

Heard ya the first time...and you're right (not trying to put words in your mouth) but these guys should channel their celebrity, money and influence towards positive changes. Throwing up a middle finger at all of America isn't going to work and encourages more and more to turn their backs away from them.

You want to make allies, not enemies.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Heard ya the first time...and you're right (not trying to put words in your mouth) but these guys should channel their celebrity, money and influence towards positive changes. Throwing up a middle finger at all of America isn't going to work and encourages more and more to turn their backs away from them.

You want to make allies, not enemies.
    Yeah, if only athletes would donate time and money for causes they believe in. Or what it they used their celebrity and platforms to stand up against what they see as injustice.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jerryba.../#4b6f672c1668

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ary/106760240/

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/9/29/1...son-foundation

19. Likes accadacca, twotimer, oldno7, rockgremlin liked this post
    Yeah, if only athletes would donate time and money for causes they believe in. Or what it they used their celebrity and platforms to stand up against what they see as injustice.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jerryba.../#4b6f672c1668

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ary/106760240/

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/9/29/1...son-foundation
    OK...FRIGGIN' BINGO! What's with the facepalm, dude? That's exactly what I'm talking about. Right on for those dudes!

Why don't these athletes grab the headlines instead of the fist pumpers? About the only explanation I could muster is that the middle finger in your face kinda grabs attention. Red meat for the Foxtards, eh? Well, withdraw the bird and you 'aint go no more red meat. Simple.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

We're all here, because we ain't all there.

The irony of course is that not one player on the Eagles took a knee even once last year, and less than 10 players even planned on going to the white house. But facts never get in the way of good propaganda with this regime. Gotta hand it to him though, he has done a great job of equating any dissent for the government as unpatriotic and an assault on the military. Pretty good maneuver for a draft dodger and a nice distraction from the current state of the white house.
    No knee takers in the black panther club.

Great respect for our country and flag---not!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Dude, the first guy I linked gave $1million to charity after the NFL colluded to keep him without a job, because Trump did such a good job labelling him as unpatriotic.

Raise your hand if you are surprised Corporal Bone Spur doesn't even know the words to God Bless America. What are the odds he could recite the first verse of the anthem, let alone the whole song.

https://www.spin.com/2018/06/trump-g...merica-eagles/

Dude, the first guy I linked gave $1million to charity after the NFL colluded to keep him without a job, because Trump did such a good job labelling him as unpatriotic.

Raise your hand if you are surprised Corporal Bone Spur doesn't even know the words to God Bless America. What are the odds he could recite the first verse of the anthem, let alone the whole song.

https://www.spin.com/2018/06/trump-g...merica-eagles/
    This is why people (such as you and I) never come to terms with so many things...In my world, I'm certainly glad Mr. Kap is throwing down cash for charity, but on the other hand I think he should apologize for disrespecting the nation. I would bet the money would come rolling in if he did that.

But then again, what do I know? Good luck to all the black folks, I guess...
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

24. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    If Kapernick was actually a first rate NFL QB capable of leading a team to a Superbowl win he would be starting somewhere. Plenty of felan's, wife beaters and all around assholes playing in the NFL.

Kapernick was overrated from his first start. He rode Alex Smith's coattails into the playoffs his first year and had a talent that took NFL teams a couple games to adjust to. The opposing teams adjusted and exposed Kapernick's many weaknesses, which is why he no longer has a job.

Now Kapernick might be a serviceable second string QB, but those are a dime a dozen. Why hire Kapernick as a QB2, with all his baggage, and the high probability he will destroy your team chemistry when you can hire a solid QB2 for the same cost. Why hire Kapernick as your QB2 when you can get the very professional and equally as talented Ryan Fitzpatrick for the same money?

YMMV

26. Likes rockgremlin, 2065toyota liked this post