Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Utah Football 2019

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Not to mention....if Zack Moss played for USC or Georgia he would pretty much have the Heisman in the bag. But since he plays for Utah well....nobody gives a shit.
    Moss is great no question and he will play on Sunday’s, but put down the kool-aid.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Moss is great no question and he will play on Sunday’s, but put down the kool-aid.
    Dude check out this "Top running backs in the country" list. Moss isn't even in the top 15. Ahead of him were CJ Verdell (Oregon), and Eno Benjamin.

Moss isn't even mentioned. Talk about disrespect.

Q: Why wouldn't Moss even be mentioned even though he plays in a top tier conference against top tier opponents?

A: Because he plays for Utah, and the only people who care about Utah athletics are people who live in Utah.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/1407564001
    Last edited by rockgremlin; 10-20-2019 at 05:11 PM.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Dude check out this "Top running backs in the country" list. Moss isn't even in the top 15. Ahead of him were CJ Verdell (Oregon), and Eno Benjamin.

Moss isn't even mentioned. Talk about disrespect.

Q: Why wouldn't Moss even be mentioned even though he plays in a top tier conference against top tier opponents?

A: Because he plays for Utah, and the only people who care about Utah athletics are people who live in Utah.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/1407564001
    How does his 2019 stats compare to the top backs in the nation? I have no idea...haven’t looked.

How does his 2019 stats compare to the top backs in the nation? I have no idea...haven’t looked.

OK -- So since I'm a numbers nerd, I took a little time a surfed around the NCAA statistics website to run down some numbers. A really user friendly website allows anyone to search any statistical category really fast. I took the original 15 on the list from that website that I posted earlier, and threw all of the numbers into a table.

Table A shows the raw data for all players on that list so far this year.

Table B shows those same players ranked according to TDs over the same period.

The orange highlighted numbers are PAC12 players. It appears through this exercise that Moss is the leader in the PAC12, although there are more prolific players outside of the conference that almost double Moss's output -- Wisconsin's Johnathan Taylor for example.

I think it's safe to say that Moss is the best Running Back this side of the Rockies.

Source: https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/...individual/469

Name:  list A.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  76.5 KB

Name:  list B.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  70.4 KB

How about yards per attempt, if you’ve already got the data in a spreadsheet?

How about yards per attempt, if you’ve already got the data in a spreadsheet?

Yep, through the magic of Excel I was able to resort on Yards/Attempt. Mr. Moss ranks 4th. Interesting that Eno Benjamin ranks almost dead last in this category...

Name:  tableC.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  67.0 KB

Yeah I figured he had better stats in this area, which is something the NFL really looks for. They also look at yards after contact and I’m sure he is solid there too.

Utah opened as an 18.5 favorite, but was recently bumped back even further to 21.5.

The O/U is currently at 37.5 and considering that Utah averages 32 points a game, it looks like Vegas is anticipating Cal gets two field goals.

Don't be surprised if Morgan Scalley is gone next year. Some mid major will pick him up as a head coach sooner or later.... I would...

Climb-Utah.com

Nice shutout for the Utes. Hate to say it, but USC controls their own destiny...

USC will lose next weekend, so can Utah beat Washington on the road?

Climb-Utah.com

Yeah WSU left the door open and their defense is horrible. They had that game. Same with Colorado...

Big games next week for Utah and USC, which could determine the south.

Utah Football 2019

Utah up to #10 in the coaches poll.

3 top 10 teams lost above them. We’ll see if they break into the top 10 in the AP.

Utah Football 2019

Utah checking in at #9 in the AP. That’s a big jump. Oregon at #7. No other Pac-12 teams.

#9 in AP

Climb-Utah.com

Utah is favored by 3.5 in Seattle. Who you got?

Let's see... must win game, on the road, Utah is 1-12 vs Washington, and Whitt is Peterson's bitch....

Washington by a field goal.

Climb-Utah.com

Washington always gets up to play Utah. Plus they have slipped backwards a few notches and this game will be the perfect opportunity to regain respect.

Logically I want to say Utah will win this, but realistically I know that probably isn't going to happen.

Huskies by 4, possibly in overtime.

Dang, fellas. I'm a BYU homer and I would pick Utah. In fact, as a BYU homer I have been VERY impressed with Utah's defense and would pick Utah by 7 just on the defense alone. In addition, Huntley is maybe the best QB in the conference as far as effectiveness. I may be totally wrong but that is my impression.
    Life is Good

^^^oh it's not that Utah doesn't have a great team... The problem is they are still Utah. They never make it easy on themselves. And if you doubt what I'm saying just watch the USC game.

Hahaha

Climb-Utah.com