Thread: MOVED to MOTO

MOVED to MOTO

Seems simple enough right?

Most times we get together with no less than a few riders and sometimes it may be as many as 12 or more.
    So I.m sitting here thinking as I try to cover things for a ride that gee it sure would be cool if we could just split the weight.
    In other words: Why if there is 10 riders is there 12 10mm sockets and 12 10mm wrenches?
    We all would stop for a flat tire to help each other out right? Mostly on the bigger rides.

So is it possible to think in such a way that we can all shave some weight while riding but still have it all covered?

Maybe a list of A, B, C or something to make our trips more fun and light?

By the way I'm still in the what do I really take mode and that does not include things such as tow straps myself.

I welcome any pros and cons to this here idea but my guess is we can share the load and have more fun at the same time but still have things covered.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Example A: How many tire irons do you think a group of 10 have?

I myself carry between 2 and 4.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

But then again I have never carried slime but I do have with me at least a 21" front that will work in a pinch all pun intended.

Heaven forbid we get separated...

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    I think its a nice idea, but most of the folks I ride with would be hesitant to leave any of their gear behind. I know I wouldn't want to have to empty / repack all my necessary gear. I'm so used to riding a heavy quad, it really doesn't make any difference. For those 5 day, 100 mile per day rides, I just add my front-rack bag for even more stuff.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

I think that someone needs to carry a special honda tool for my front fork. Are we supposed to carry tools ? I didn't carry anything, water included on my last 2 rides.

Quote Originally Posted by REDFOX View Post
    I think that someone needs to carry a special honda tool for my front fork. Are we supposed to carry tools ? I didn't carry anything, water included on my last 2 rides.
    Uhhhhh... most Honda riders that we ride with NEVER have tools...

I think this was meant for the Motorcycle forum, when I squat and ride I don't care so much about weight

OOPS your right Fourty wrong area.

Not quite sure how I did that. SO sorry.

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtnseeker1 View Post
    Not quite sure how I did that. SO sorry.
    No worries now. I used my powers as MOD to move back to the MOTO area.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

IF you all will put a list together I will know who has what... and quit carrying anything. While we are at it please include on your list how many ounces your Camelbak holds... I really want to cut the weight...

Dam DBL Moo mine is 100oz. and I want to carry 200oz. Thus the sharing of tool weight.

And thank you Brute Force. When I first made this thread I thought it floated of to never never land. That's were I was.

To funny and too true.
    I remember on one occasion we needed an axle tool for a flat tire and I think there was 1/2 doz. Yamadogs and several Ktm axle tools but notta nothing for a Honda to be found for the Honda in the crowd.
    But then again this is my point.

The thing is my camelback comes in at about 35# with 96oz. water plus tools and rain gear and first aid and..... well you get the picture.
    I admit I me be a bit anal but if you crack your case I'll be the idiot carrying the liquid metal as well.
    It's the boy scout in me that makes me do it. LOL
    But I am learning> Example: The 21" tube will work on a 18" rear tire in a pinch. I know I need my head to make that popping noise.LMAO

But then again I'll never forget when the 16yr old down in Mequite (Tanner I think is his name) came back for some gas for Garbanzo and we gave him a 1 gln jugg and placed it in my pack.
    He said something to the effect that no wonder all you old basturds have back problems. I assured him if he can qauter back for the local high school football team that he would live through it.LMAO
    And by the way that kid can RIDE. It was worth the trip just to watch him ride. All 2 or 3 seconds worth before he was just plain gone.:)

Just a noob trying to cut down on the weight factor to make my riding more enjoyable.
    It's not like I want to and a cup holder to my handle bars.
    Some tunes on the trail is not out of the question for me however.

I do carry a good supply of tools in my truck for any serious stuff (self rescue) but I would like to get some ideas from other riders of how to cut weight or maybe how to make the bike carry it instead of my back.
    EXAMPLE: Does anyone carry with them on a 30 -40 mile ride a tow strap? And if so what kind. When you get into 40 miles of single track it would be very hard to get your truck in there.
    I may be a bit anal but I even pack a pair of Tevas just in case I have a big walk out. These riding boots are well for riding and not hiking at all.

Dumb/smart/ or?

The thing is I think I'm getting to carried away with the weight factor vs just what I may really need. I think it's safe to say on bigger rides we all carry more but I can use all the info I can muster

I reread this and it sounds like a rant. Sorry but that is not what I'm trying to do here.

Just looking for advise to help me grow with this sport, That's all.

If I rode by myself I would likely bring a lot more stuff and probably ride more easy terrain but when I am with another bike I might bring just a few basics. Spark plug, wrenches, tube and air. The other bike can always go for help or tools if necessary. We are mostly never more than 50 miles from the truck or some sort of civilization.
    I think if we decided to cut out some weight it may have to be decided at the trailhead depending on who is there/what they have. I would be happy to leave some tools if I know someone else has me covered.