Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 2018 Mid-Term Elections

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

As a whole I'm very upset with the election process in much of the country. I don't have an answer to the problem but it should be one vote for every citizen of the US who is 18 and over. What's happening makes us little better than your average third world banana republic.... Sad....

Quote Originally Posted by middlefork View Post
    "The lawsuit says the campaign has asked Swensen for a procedure that poll monitors can use to challenge the determinations of county employees who verify whether voters' signatures on ballots match those on file with the county clerk's office. Swensen has not granted that request, the lawsuit states."

Ahhh, so, my signature probably is the most inconsistent thing ever. I believe the most sickening part of Elections in the United States is open, rampant voter suppression. If you tried to match every signature on the ballot for consistency you could probably throw 1/2 of them out. It's terrible in the South. I've wondered why we haven't changed Election Day to a national holiday, give everyone a day off, put the voting booths back in schools. Everyone should be able to vote and vote easily.

5. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate View Post
    "The lawsuit says the campaign has asked Swensen for a procedure that poll monitors can use to challenge the determinations of county employees who verify whether voters' signatures on ballots match those on file with the county clerk's office. Swensen has not granted that request, the lawsuit states."

Ahhh, so, my signature probably is the most inconsistent thing ever. I believe the most sickening part of Elections in the United States is open, rampant voter suppression. If you tried to match every signature on the ballot for consistency you could probably throw 1/2 of them out. It's terrible in the South. I've wondered why we haven't changed Election Day to a national holiday, give everyone a day off, put the voting booths back in schools. Everyone should be able to vote and vote easily.
    I don't think it happens in Utah, but voter suppression in the South is rampant. What happened in Georgia this year for example is a travesty. What is so hard about 1 person 1 vote? The south has replaced poll taxes and literacy exams with a lack of voting machines, or mysterious "lack of power" issues.

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    I don't think it happens in Utah, but voter suppression in the South is rampant. What happened in Georgia this year for example is a travesty. What is so hard about 1 person 1 vote? The south has replaced poll taxes and literacy exams with a lack of voting machines, or mysterious "lack of power" issues.
    It's just sickening based on the South's history.

Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate View Post
    I've wondered why we haven't changed Election Day to a national holiday, give everyone a day off, put the voting booths back in schools. Everyone should be able to vote and vote easily.
    I would HATE that, I love the mail in ballot. It's so simple and I believe I do a much better job of voting as I have time to research candidates and propositions in the peace of my home.

On top of that I'd hate to waste a day off work standing in a long ass line to vote. I remember the "good old days" when you had to go stand in a 30 to 60 minute line out in the cold just to vote. It was not the fun time you'd think it is.

I'd like to see voting somehow moved on-line.

Climb-Utah.com

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I would HATE that, I love the mail in ballot. It's so simple and I believe I do a much better job of voting as I have time to research candidates and propositions in the peace of my home.

On top of that I'd hate to waste a day off work standing in a long ass line to vote. I remember the "good old days" when you had to go stand in a 30 to 60 minute line out in the cold just to vote. It was not the fun time you'd think it is.

Climb-Utah.com
    I won't abolish the mail in, just add more options. I would never stand in line again but I had a couple friends recently move and didn't get the mail ballots, probably their fault but they didn't get them so they had to ballot box. I work at the Hospital 8-7 on Tuesday's so I took my ballot down to the County Election office, also cause my envelope got ripped. I was worried if I mailed the ballot it was somehow get thrown out cause it was ripped. It was a strange reaction to a detail that wasn't a problem when I asked one of the county officials.

Yes!

Hell, you can file your taxes online -- shouldn't be too difficult to provide a platform for folks to vote.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Yes!

Hell, you can file your taxes online -- shouldn't be too difficult to provide a platform for folks to vote.
    This 100%. Somehow we can keep taxes, banking, contracts, etc. secure but, they haven't figured out online voting.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Climb-Utah.com

14. Likes devo_stevo liked this post
    What a clusterf**k.... I'll guarantee this was intentional as the Democrats were going to lose about 1000 votes. By intentionally missing the deadline the recount is invalid and the count reverts to the previous count.

Broward misses machine recount deadline -- by 2 minutes

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bro...e-by-2-minutes

Climb-Utah.com

Love now leads McAdams by 419 votes... this race is a real nail biter...

It could still be 10 days until we know who one...

Love now leads McAdams by 419 votes... this race is a real nail biter...

It could still be 10 days until we know who one...

It's now certified. Nothing from M.I.A.'s camp. Interested to see if she sues.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...ification.html

True story...

Climb-Utah.com

True story...

Climb-Utah.com
    So you are saying we were 1 vote away from eating bald eagle today?