Thread: Ivie Creek to Ascending Sheep

Ivie Creek to Ascending Sheep

Over the weekend we visited my favorite sites, ivie creek and ascending sheep.
    First we went to ascending sheep going on a rough winding road up a mountain near Moore. After stopping at an ATV turnaround spot (we were in a Ford truck . We walked 30 feet to an amazing pictograph panel.
    Shown Here

Main Panel

Faded Figure

Another Figure

[/img]

After that we went to Ivie Creek an amazing set of Fremont pictographs all the figures are roughly four feet tall and the snake in the middle is 9-10 feet long. Best viewed during Autumnal Equinox.

---
    coinslab
    http://barrier.co.nr
    http://flickr.com/coinslab

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    great shot's, I'm not familiar with the area.

thats a pretty sweet panel

Quote Originally Posted by coinslab View Post
    First we went to ascending sheep going on a rough winding road up a mountain near Moore. After stopping at an ATV turnaround spot (we were in a Ford truck . We walked 30 feet to an amazing pictograph panel.
    Today I finally figured out where this panel is, thanks to your description. I'll have to hit it up the next time I'm in the area. I'm surprised at how much sweet rock art there is in such a relatively small area near there.
    Blog | FB

Where's Ivie Creek?

Quote Originally Posted by jdawg View Post
    Where's Ivie Creek?
    It flows out of the Wasatch Plateau near I-70, south of Emery, and empties into Muddy Creek.
    Blog | FB

Ascending Sheep is one on my list that I've had trouble locating. Well I have the coordinates but dont know what road to take to get to it. Can you private message me with any help?

If you have the coordinates look at a map. Draw a line due west from the panel until you hit a road (Moore Cutoff). That's the path you hike. Simple as can be.

Or draw a line due east from the panel until you hit a road. That's the path mentioned in the first post but requires a 4x4. If you have the coordinates the rest of this should be a no brainer.

After reading this post and playing around with google earth last night I saw the unnamed 4x4 road and now I think I'll be able to find it next time I'm out there. Pretty excited to say the least. Thanks!

Coordinates

Quote Originally Posted by RockArtRitter View Post
    Ascending Sheep is one on my list that I've had trouble locating. Well I have the coordinates but dont know what road to take to get to it. Can you private message me with any help?

Can an I get the coordinates for ascending sheep?