Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Utah Football 2012

Nice to relax on Sunday with a win.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Utah Football 2012

Mr. Dunn had a nice evening...

Utah Football 2012

Will the Utes make a bowl game this year?

I think it is 50/50..... They have to get a win in Seattle or at home against Arizona. I don't think it would be a unthinkable to win both, nor surprising to go 0-2 in those games. That is assuming they can take care of business against WSU and Colorado, which is no given....as they learned last year against a TERRIBLE Colorado team.

Utah Football 2012

The Utes are favored by 1 at Washington. Do they get the win?

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    The Utes are favored by 1 at Washington. Do they get the win?

Doubt it.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I'll take Utah! But I expect a hellava game.

White is finally healthy.
    Utah trimmed their playbook (it was too much for a new QB/weekly QB rotation)
    Play calling is getting better (fewer draws and bubble screens)
    The game is slowing down for the QB.
    Utah has a lot of athletes at the skill positions
    O-line is looking better (not great)
    Defense is showing up
    Special teams having been playing lights-out (will they even kick to Dunn?)

I think Utah will become bowl eligible, which is a huge deal. Even if you just go play in the who-gives-a-shit bowl. By becoming bowl eligible you gain 15 extra days of practice from the NCAA, and traditionally Utah has used those days to work more with the guys who will have to step up next year.

Refuse too lose!

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Doubt it.
    Ahem....You guys actually thought the shitass Utes could bumble their way to a W? Comedy gold.

OK, someone enlighten me as to why the Utes' defense is so hyped? It appears that the only teams the Utes can stop are non-conference high school teams and Pac-12 doormats. It would also appear that every good Pac-12 team we play either breaks a school record or a season record or one of their players goes off for a career record -- or all of the above. Washington's tight end went off for a school record, and there was some other record broken on Washington's team...I don't recall.

Also -- did anyone else watch the game on the Pac-12 channel? If so, did you have audio after halftime? I had good picture, but I couldn't hear anything but this gross sucking sound, with a spitting sound about every ten minutes. Later after the game I figured out what it was. I put 2 and 2 together when I saw Sarkasian stumble out of the press box zipping up his fly.

Utah Football 2012

There were 3 plays that decided the game IMO.

#1 Going for a 4th and 1 on their own 40 at the VERY beginning of the 3rd quarter in a 6 point ball game??? Boneheaded!!!

#2 Fumbling a punt from WA after the defense did their job. At that point if was a 6 point ball game again and we give it back near the red zone. Boneheaded!!!

#3 Wilson looked like a deer in the headlights. 8/23, 55 yards and 1 INT won't get you starting for the practice squad in the Pac-12.

It was like taking candy from a baby for Washington after all the Utah mistakes.

The Yewt need to go 2-0 to reach a bowl game. Do they get the W this week against Arizona at home?

The Yewt need to go 2-0 to reach a bowl game. Do they get the W this week against Arizona at home?
    I think so......though wouldn't bet on them.... They need to play great D, run the ball and not turn the ball over....we'll see.....

Utah Football 2012

Can someone explain why it's a good idea to go for a fake punt in a tie game at the beginning of the 4th on your own 35?

Can someone explain why it's a good idea to go for a fake punt in a tie game at the beginning of the 4th on your own 35?
    1. Because you have no faith in your offense being able to score.

2. Because your defense looks like a swinging gate to the AZ running back and can't stop anyone.

What an EPIC MELTDOWN of a season....no other way to describe it.....utter failure from the top down. They took a stacked team that was picked to contend for a South Division Championship and chit the bed so bad, they are not even going to get a crappy bowl bid.

At least travelers can look at it as getting a 2-4K Holiday bonus....

AZ had 480 yds total offense. Why was our defense so hyped at the beginning of the season again? We USED to have a defense back when we were playing UTEP, Wyoming, and all the other Mtn. West doormats...

Damn the Pac-12 has laid bare all of the Ute's faults in vivid detail.

Re: Utah Football 2012

Chemistry... the Utes never had it this year for some reason.

Look at the rooster of the last Ute team not to go bowling and you will see it was also stacked with talent that never came together... Steve smith, Andre Dyson, Jordan gross. Yada, yada....

Sent using Tapatalk

Utah Football 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    1. Because you have no faith in your offense being able to score.

2. Because your defense looks like a swinging gate to the AZ running back and can't stop anyone.
    When you give the other team 50-60 free yards, the defense is much worse off.

was it just me, or did that game seem like it was coached like a 5 yr old playing madden????

I have no problem with the fake punt, going on 4th down or the fake field goal.... but I have issues with a RB gaining over 200 yards running right at what is supposed to be the strength of my defense.

Sent using Tapatalk

21. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    all this talk of a strength of defense needs to go away. For hell sakes they were walked all over this year and the only strength of defense they showed was in Pre-Season jargon. Utes need some better coaching and a good off season with the young QB and they will have a better chance but I wouldnt expect them to make some huge leap into the top of the confrence. It is going to take a few years to get up to speed with the other teams.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.