Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NFL Football 2020

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    NFL Requiring Fans To Wear Face Covering At Games During 2020 Season

https://kslsports.com/438284/nfl-req...g-2020-season/
    They're going to be playing to mostly empty stands...or people are going to just blow right past the rule.

When I'm working, I'll listen to Dave Logan on the radio in the morning (sports guy, former player, Bronco radio announcer) and see what he has to say about this. He takes phone calls, he and his partners will debate it.

They actually talked about this a month or so ago and dismissed it as absurd...said fans simply won't do it. They spent probably two minutes talking about it...I bet they talk about it for considerably longer today.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I've been to two fairly large sporting events in the past month and at both events fans followed mask and social distancing for the first 5 minutes and then it was business as usual.

I don't see why the NFL will be any different. Unless your a Chargers fan, they shouldn't have any issues with social distancing... LMAO...

Washington Redskins to call themselves the "Washington Football Team" for 2020.

How lame and idiotic can you get? The PC movement has destroyed America.

I'm officially done with anything NFL related. And I suspect many of the NFL fanbase will walk out this year and probably never return.

When SJWs win America loses.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ow-sources-say
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Washington Redskins to call themselves the "Washington Football Team" for 2020.

How lame and idiotic can you get? The PC movement has destroyed America.

I'm officially done with anything NFL related. And I suspect many of the NFL fanbase will walk out this year and probably never return.

When SJWs win America loses.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ow-sources-say
    I gotta tell you, Rock...when I heard that this morning I thought it was outstanding. Total generic...nothing for the hypersensitive loudmouth sissies to suck on.

I also agree that the NFL is pretty much a cooked goose. It will be interesting to see how this all lands...the election, the attendance or viewership of these games...all of it will be laid bare within the next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I've been to two fairly large sporting events in the past month and at both events fans followed mask and social distancing for the first 5 minutes and then it was business as usual.
    All the sports guys on the radio today said the same thing.

I'll be heading out to Speedweek on the salt flats in a couple weeks. The event usually draws about 600 race cars and 30,000 spectators. It should be interesting.

Love it! Our boy Booker is with Da Raiders!

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    pro sports---no longer care or will waste my valuable time/$$$
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    Understood. I’ll be watching.

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post

^^^ This ^^^

12. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Understood. I’ll be watching.
    As adults, we all vote with our pocket books and conscience you are doing so and have that right.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

For the past 12 years or so, I've been in Hawaii when the Super Bowl happens. I always got to the bar and grill next to the dolphin pool at the Hilton...Big Island. The game always start there around 1pm, so I get there at 11 to secure a seat at the bar...otherwise it'll be standing room only.

They set up extra tables and chairs but in the last two years they didn't do it and the "crowd" was myself and maybe a dozen other people. Last year I got there late and thought for sure I was screwed, but the entire bar was open only a half hour before game start.

I think these players should keep their personal opinions on social media and leave it off the field. They can say whatever they want on Twitter, Facebook, news reporters, whatever...I don't show up at the job and start lecturing my clients on political/social issues because it's inappropriate. What these sports stars have to offer (which is basically a middle finger) is unappealing as well.

I was proud of the Rockies when only one player took a knee at the opener...Kemp, one of the black guys. But now I'm done with the Rockies because they collectively sat out a game after the Blake incident...Trevor Story says "We have to show Kemp that we have his back and give BLM the benefit of the doubt"...his exact words.

What about giving the cops the benefit of the doubt? These guys are making themselves judge, jury and executioner without a good close look at what the hell happened...like a "show trial"...like the Salem Witch Trials. Remember learning about that in school? How wrong it was to get caught up in a frenzied mob with bullshit "evidence"?

I'm not watching because I won't sanction the mob. They ask for justice but quickly deny it.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Trevor Story says "We have to show Kemp that we have his back and give BLM the benefit of the doubt"...his exact words.
    SOB. I'm going to send my Rockies T addressed to him with a note about why.

So you guys are blaming and punishing ALL the players for the actions of a few? Interesting...

So you guys are blaming and punishing ALL the players for the actions of a few? Interesting...
    Nope...you got it backwards dude.

THEY ARE. They throw a fit over scumbags getting what was coming to them and the guys that aren't down with it are forced to go along with the program. Not only that, but the up and coming kids are going to be pigeonholed into taking one side or the other. Like I said earlier...why automatically side with BLM? Why side with the cops? Why not remain neutral until the investigations are complete? I'm not "punishing" anybody.

Anybody siding with the cops or waiting until the facts are know are likely to keep playing and not force anyone on the team to bend to their will...otherwise those that side with the "cops are killers, let's make people pay" crowd then they are going to force people to bend to their will...or pay the consequences.

So, do you see Scott? Do you see who it actually is that's laying down the hurt? I sure hope your post was a troll.

I'm just turned off at professional athletes who make millions of dollars and live in mansions and have the audacity to preach to their fan base. I didn't do anything. I didn't shoot anybody. I'm about the most open minded person there is when it comes to racial issues. But now I have to listen to athletes lecture me about how I should live my life.

Shut up and play the sport you were hired to play, and leave leftist talking points out of it.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    I'm just turned off at professional athletes who make millions of dollars and live in mansions and have the audacity to preach to their fan base. I didn't do anything. I didn't shoot anybody. I'm about the most open minded person there is when it comes to racial issues. But now I have to listen to athletes lecture me about how I should live my life.

Shut up and play the sport you were hired to play, and leave leftist talking points out of it.
    Agreed, but you can’t lump ALL of them into the preaching. Many are Trump and police supporters. Ultimately it’s their employer and other employees speaking out.

LMAO... Dude what color is the sky in your world?!?

The day one of these professional athletes steps up and calls "bullshit" I'll back him 100%. Of course the MSM will bury them alive, but I'll support them... if you doubt that see Kyle Larson... the guy has quadrupled his fan base since being honest....

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    LMAO... Dude what color is the sky in your world?!?

The day one of these professional athletes steps up and calls "bullshit" I'll back him 100%. Of course the MSM will bury them alive, but I'll support them... if you doubt that see Kyle Larson... the guy has quadrupled his fan base since being honest....
    So if they are not comfortable making a political statement, then they are part of the problem. Got it. Most people just don’t speak out, they aren’t wired that way. It’s just a job for them. No different then Chic-fil-A pushing their Christian values. Their employees just don’t give a damn.

^^^At some point you have to step up and take a stand. Even the pussy beta male eventually has to take a stand, and taking no stand in itself is taking a stand.

If you want to support rioting, looting and mayhem and those that champion it don't let me stop you.... enjoy your Black Lives Matter lifestyle and all it entails. I'm sure they will appreciate your monetary support.