Thread: Mystery Canyon (08-12-2011)

Blog Entries

Mystery Canyon (08-12-2011)

Took 6 down Mystery on the 12th, 4 of them being noobs to canyoneering. All of them did a great job! It took us about 8 hours, which is a lot longer than we planned for. Had to wait for 2 groups (group of 4 and 2) at Mystery Springs which took about an hour wait time..geez..

Anywho...There is like 800 photos between everyone and I'll be posting the best ones soon. As usual, my friend Jeff filmed the entire thing on his GoPro, and he speeds up most of the film and slows it down on the best parts.

For your viewing pleasure:
    BTW, it supports up to 720p, if you want a higher quality vid.

●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Great job, very fun. Thanks for sharing it!

Loved every fast forward minute of your vid--I gotta have one of those cameras!!

Great video! As soon as I finished watching it I went to the GoPro website to look at prices A little bit more than I can afford to spend right now, unfortunately. I would love to be able to produce videos like this, though. Thanks for posting

Insane in the membrane. Sweet.

good stuff, love that video... a little long but good.
    Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>

Nice Jman. What software is your buddy using to edit his videos?

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchghost View Post
    I went to the GoPro website to look at prices A little bit more than I can afford to spend right now, unfortunately.
    Good luck. I haven't had any yet.

http://gopro.com/daily-giveaway/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by moab mark View Post
    He uses iMovie (Mac).

And he owns most of harnesses for the GoPro HD and surprisingly he uses them all.

Thanks guys! I'll forward your guys comments to him, as he loves the feedback.

Btw, it amazes me (at the end of the video) how close those chipmunks get. I suppose when those chipmunks see 3million visitors a year...they get a little too comfortable. Although, Jeff dropping the water on the guy is pretty funny. haha

One more thing: if you like his videos, I posted two more of his (unfortunately I couldn't make it those trips :( ) in the white water section. One is kayaking the Weber River (like 3 min) and the other one is Rafting the Snake River by Jackson. The angle when they get flipped out at the Big Kahuna rapid is pretty funny and amazing. lol
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Totally awesome video. Really enjoyed it. I like the music, the speed, the GoPro at the end of a hiking pole. I'll be in Mistery in 2 weeks. I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by moab mark View Post
    Windows Live Movie Maker for Windows 7 does a great job as well for all you uncool PC users.

Blog Entries
    here's a few pics, finally.
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

I think this was the first video that made me want a GoPro. But....wouldn't it have been easier for him to wear the cam on his helmet...?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Krrristi View Post
    I think this was the first video that made me want a GoPro. But....wouldn't it have been easier for him to wear the cam on his helmet...?
    Ehh...to shaky on the helmet. Besides you have to be very conscientious of where you are looking at the ENTIRE time. Pole is much, much easier Jeff says.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"