Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Pac-12 Football

USC beat Colorado the same way they beat Utah. They just have better athletes straight across the board. And Sometimes great athletes make great plays. The same WR that ripped Utah up also ripped up Colorado.

Utah and Colorado both have great athletes, but not at every single position 2 and 3 deep like USC does, that's a nice advantage to have.

Climb-Utah.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    The same WR that ripped Utah up also ripped up Colorado.

Michael F'ing Pittman Jr.

He's a senior this year. He'll make a splash in the NFL when he's drafted next year.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

USC beat Colorado the same way they beat Utah. They just have better athletes straight across the board. And Sometimes great athletes make great plays. The same WR that ripped Utah up also ripped up Colorado.

Utah and Colorado both have great athletes, but not at every single position 2 and 3 deep like USC does, that's a nice advantage to have.

Climb-Utah.com

I have a high school friend that went and played football at Michigan during their dominance years, including when they won the National Championship in 1997, and then transferred to BYU. He stated that the biggest thing that separates the elite teams from the rest of the pack is the depth after that first string. Many of the elite teams will have that extra special player or two that is above everyone else, but the rest of the 1st stringers across the board are usually pretty similar, and then the talent at the 2nd/3rd string drops off dramatically at the standard schools compared to the elites.

5. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    I have a high school friend that went and played football at Michigan during their dominance years, including when they won the National Championship in 1997, and then transferred to BYU. He stated that the biggest thing that separates the elite teams from the rest of the pack is the depth after that first string. Many of the elite teams will have that extra special player or two that is above everyone else, but the rest of the 1st stringers across the board are usually pretty similar, and then the talent at the 2nd/3rd string drops off dramatically at the standard schools compared to the elites.
    One of the downsides to having a team full of elites is having to babysit all of the egos. Many of the players on elite teams were drafted thinking they were drafted because they are the very best. When everybody has a superiority complex it can drag down the team.

Mike Leach had a very valid point when he came out after playing Utah and said he's got a team full of fat, entitled free agents who only play for themselves.

I think USC’s defense is better and that may be the difference in this game vs Oregon.

Sorry Utah...

Utah now atop the South...right?

Unless the Trojans can pull off a miracle in the Colosseum...
    Last edited by rockgremlin; 11-02-2019 at 07:51 PM.

Uhhhhhhh...USC getting SPANKED!

My Crystal ball sees Utah playing Oregon for the Pac12 championship.

Don't count your chickens yet. 3 games to go.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Don't count your chickens yet. 3 games to go.

You act like Utah is perfectly capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

13. Likes accadacca liked this post

UCLA wins the south if they run the table... and they are on a three game winning streak... just sayin'

Climb-Utah.com

UCLA wins the south if they run the table... and they are on a three game winning streak... just sayin'

Climb-Utah.com
    UCLA
    at Utah 8–1
    at USC 5-4
    vs Cal 4-4

USC
    at ASU 5-3
    at Cal 4-4
    vs UCLA 4-5

Utah
    vs UCLA 4-5
    at Arizona 4-5
    vs Colorado 3-6

I didn't say I was betting on UCLA, I just mentioned they also control their own destiny, which is something everyone seems to be overlooking.

Utah is certainly in the driver's seat with the easiest remaining schedule.

Yeah you never know. The Pac can be crazy. I’m just glad the Utes seem to have snapped the November curse.

We'll see next week, if UCLA wins the November curse is still intact and suddenly UCLA will be sitting pretty. The toughest game left on UCLA's schedule is Utah.

Let's not forget the first year Utah was in the PAC and managed to give away the south with a loss on the last day to the worst team in the league. That game still hurts.

Go Utes :-)

Climb-Utah.com

Climb-Utah.com
    I recently watched them play against Arizona State. They are playing really good football right now. Their offense was rolling all over the Sun Devils. Not really sure why they couldn't manage to win at the beginning of the season, but they are looking dangerous right now. If Utah overlooks them they'll get bit.

22. Likes Iceaxe liked this post