Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gooseberry Mesa

Very nice job on the Vid, Man!!! That leaves me wanting to go again soon. And I probably will!! Best part of the ride is the people you're riding with, and it couldn't have been better.
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

GREAT video! I LOVE this trail. I wish I lived closer.

I put this map on the first page at the bottom, might as well put it here...

Viewing on a mobile device? Click this link to open the map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=200816175362728047597.00049f30127f4899a306f&t=h&z=14

I love this trail. Cool pics and video. Next time, you guys should ride the Hidden Canyon Trail that cuts off of the south rim about halfway out to the point (on your above posted map). It connects you to the north rim and then you follow that out to the point. From there you ride down the South rim back to Hidden Canyon, ride Hidden again, and then you can cruise back to your cars on the road or tool around on the trails north of the road. Good times!

Redspecialized and I included Hidden Canyon with our South rim to the point ride. I couldn't talk anyone else into following me. They missed out for sure. I think that Hidden canyon is probably the coolest trail on Gooseberry in terms of uniqueness and variety of terrain. I was suprised to see that it was marked so well with the white paint. It used to be difficult to find the access from the South rim trail side.

A little something from the ride. I sill can't get over how cool this trail is!

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Good times!
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Nice climbs Garbanzo
    Thanks. Remind me to buy more mounts so I can film more than just myself. I felt a little guilty after looking at all of the footage. Of just me!

Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo View Post
    Thanks. Remind me to buy more mounts so I can film more than just myself. I felt a little guilty after looking at all of the footage. Of just me!
    Don't worry, my footage of me just sucked.

I liked all of the videos. I noticed some riders were captured on film riding pretty close to the cliff edge especially with the gusting winds. I don't how accadacca pulled off the gap jump with how bad the cross winds were. That shot turned out awesome. I couldn't even hold the camera steady in the wind.

Here's my attempt a video for the same ride. I need to learn where to put the helmet cam. 95% of the video us just my front tire. I edited most of it out, maybe next time Ill learn.

Cool video Ben ! Looked like I didn't even have to pedal on the Hidden Canyon portion of Gooseberry.

Cool video man. Glad I took the dirt road back.

Just curious, did I succeed on ANY climbs?

You're in the same category as me, with 40lb plus bikes generally speaking we are not expected to succeed in climbing. This excuse has worked for me for the past 11 years. Specialized demo 9 @ 48 1/2 lbs.

deffinatly an awesome trail. looks like ill be biking instead of hiking next trip!

Edit, edit, edit!!

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Cool video man. Glad I took the dirt road back.
    My video skills do not do Hidden Canyon Justice. I really thought that was a fun trail. I think my lack of video skills (i'm no Justin or Mark) may have gave you the wrong impression of that trail.