Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bill O'Reilly out at Fox News

Interesting story on the internal war going on at FOX and how O'Reilly was used as cannon fodder.

http://trib.al/hv2JGPw

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Interesting story on the internal war going on at FOX and how O'Reilly was weaponized and used as cannon fodder.

irrespective of the specifics, it was probably inevitable. o'reilly has racked up incidents for well over a decade. he could have been ousted at numerous points if ailes wasn't protecting him due to his numbers. carlson's lawsuit established that this behavior is part of the culture at fox news.

"The sharp rise and meteoric fall of both Tomi Lauren and Milo Yiannopoulos were driven by much the same dynamic that sustained O’Reilly for years, even in the face of previous sexual-harassment complaints — Lahren and Yiannopoulos were “fighters” who “tell it like it is.” O’Reilly was the master of the “no-spin zone” and seemed fearless in taking on his enemies.

What followed was a toxic culture of conservative celebrity, where the public elevated personalities more because of their pugnaciousness than anything else. Indeed, the fastest way to become the next conservative star is to “destroy” the Left, feeding the same kind of instinct that causes leftists to lap up content from John Oliver, Samantha Bee, and Stephen Colbert. Liberals use condescending mockery. Conservatives use righteous indignation. That’s not much of a difference."

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...ture-character

5. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by hank moon View Post
    What followed was a toxic culture of conservative celebrity, where the public elevated personalities more because of their pugnaciousness than anything else. Indeed, the fastest way to become the next conservative star is to “destroy” the Left, feeding the same kind of instinct that causes leftists to lap up content from John Oliver, Samantha Bee, and Stephen Colbert. Liberals use condescending mockery. Conservatives use righteous indignation. That’s not much of a difference."

Funny...that just described...us. Ha ha.

That's a lot of woman there boy...I think you'd have to be at least six two and sportin' a nine incher to satisfy that one.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    That's a lot of woman there boy...I think you'd have to be at least six two and sportin' a nine incher to satisfy that one.
    Hi the names IceAxe, I'm sure you've probably heard of me.

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    She's giving America an erection...

https://mediamatters.org/video/2017/...rection/216110

Good Lord. Why can nobody moderate their speech these days? They're like a bunch of damn high school kids.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Gutfeld was just speaking the truth.... Perhaps folks just didn't recognize it since it's such a rare thing in the media these days.

Another interesting thought on O'Reilly's ouster.

It seems some think the left might have won the battle but lost the war with this pyrrhic victory.

http://trib.al/i9Qlb67

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    She's giving America an erection...

https://mediamatters.org/video/2017/...rection/216110

Good Lord. Why can nobody moderate their speech these days? They're like a bunch of damn high school kids.
    Oh, she's being stared at by everyone everywhere she goes. I'd bet she starts to sex it up even more now that she's going primetime. She's competing with Sofia Vergara, after all.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

13. Likes rockgremlin liked this post

BOOM! and just like that Bill is back.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.thebl...-find-him/amp/
    #getalife

Bill will get $25 Million from Fox because they cut their contract short. I'm not one of his viewers, but he definitely won in this case.

I always listened to O'Reilly whenever I was cooking dinner. I always found his show to be about as fair and balanced as it gets in today's world. Yeah, he tends to drive on the right hand side of the road, but so do I so it was all good.

I don't really care for Tucker Carlson, something about his reporting style I don't like, but I've never been able to put my finger on exactly what it is.

I really like The Five, except when Bob Beckel is representing the left as he does a really crappy job of it. I really like Juan Williams as he does a great job representing the left. We all know I like to look at Kimberly Guilfoyle. And I really like Greg Gutfeld because he says the crap everyone is actually thinking but is afraid to say. I wish they had of moved The Five into O'Reilly's slot as it was always my second favorite news show after the O'Reilly Factor.

And in other news.... Megyn Kelly to make NBC debut in June.

Holly shit! How do they expect us to sleep at night waiting that long.....

ROFLMAO

I've liked Tucker Carlson ever since he wrecked Bill Nye for his global warming doomsday predictions.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

20. Likes Sandstone Addiction, Iceaxe liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian in SLC View Post
    [/FONT][/COLOR]Funny...that just described...us. Ha ha.
    More on the "Smug Liberal Problem"

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...-change-debate