Thread: Lost in Imlay Canyon

Lost in Imlay Canyon

Had a spectacular day in Imlay today!

Unfortunately, somewhere near the end of the day, my 116 ft 8.3 Imlay rope bagged in an Imlay silo was left at a rappel station. It does have CanyonCaper written on the rope silo. I guess it's fitting that it's Imaly gear misplaced in Imlay canyon. I would like to get it back - if you find it, please leave it at Zion Adventure Company. Thanks!

The canyon was awesome, and apparently very dry as far as my companions had experienced in the past. There were pothole escapes galore.

Felicia
    Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    Had a spectacular day in Imlay today!

Unfortunately, somewhere near the end of the day, my 116 ft 8.3 Imlay rope bagged in an Imlay silo was left at a rappel station. It does have CanyonCaper written on the rope silo. I guess it's fitting that it's Imaly gear misplaced in Imlay canyon. I would like to get it back - if you find it, please leave it at Zion Adventure Company. Thanks!

The canyon was awesome, and apparently very dry as far as my companions had experienced in the past. There were pothole escapes galore.

Felicia
    Congratulations.

Tom

Felicia, Where are the pics???

Quote Originally Posted by mzamp View Post
    ^^^^

Thanks Tom - Imlay is now my 'favorite' Zion canyon!

I know Mike - I did not take a camera as my current camera is not waterproof. I thought I would be in water most of the time. There will be pictures/video, but I expect that is will be a couple of days.

I can tell you that the log soups were awesome! The potholes were challenging. This canyon has so much to offer! We had a strong team and worked very well together. We started in the dark and finished in the dark. Rappelling in The Narrows and hiking out in the dark is an experience not to miss.

Cheers!

Felicia
    Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden

Which entrance did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Which entrance did you use?
    Sneak.

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    Sneak.
    Sneak Left, or Sneak Right?

T

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia View Post
    Sneak Left, or Sneak Right?

T
    We did not use beta, but after reading your beta and Luke's beta, I think that we followed Luke's description. We went higher up the West Rim as if we were going to the Left Sneak and then crossed over to the Right Sneak as we arrived directly at the Crossroads. The hike in was beautiful as all the leaves were changing - the colours were spectacular.

Felicia

Any luck on the rope yet? btw - 116ft? IS that 4 feet of shrinkage or did you actually purchase that length?

Hard to decide which is better in that canyon, low water or high. Both are tons of fun, but very different.

13. Likes nkanarik liked this post
    Any luck on the rope yet? btw - 116ft? IS that 4 feet of shrinkage or did you actually purchase that length?
    No, not yet. I'm pulling a permit in the morning, so I'll check and see if the Park has any info. The rope is 116ft because I cut is short by mistake while working at The Shack.

Felicia

15. Likes mzamp liked this post