Thread: Floating/Canyoning Escalante-Partner Request

Floating/Canyoning Escalante-Partner Request

It looks like the Escalante River is going to run this year and I

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Right, but Dan's trip is cancelled....thanks for playing.

Dan is through hiking the PCT instead, no more floaty floaty. I think he sold his packraft.

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000 View Post
    pwned back...
    No it's still an existing thread with others still interested in going, a few have access to boats and want to go and commited. That's why I brought it up. Bump that thread again unless you don't want these two guys to come.

Now if that thread was for a specific date and this is for another date then it would make sense.
    now you've been pwn

I keep thinking this sounds really fun... and than I think about carrying all my gear out The Crack and I rethink my position...

Anyhoo.... 3 days of canyons plus the float all packed into in 5 to 7 days... sounds like a challenging plan.....

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I keep thinking this sounds really fun... and than I think about carrying all my gear out The Crack and I rethink my position...
    I think it sounds fun. Who ever does this needs to post pics!!!

I've heard of people exiting the Crack exit with a full size metal canoe plus gear. That doesn't sound fun. But what some of these guys are planning with a pack raft and inflatable kayaks I still think it would be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner View Post
    No it's still an existing thread with others still interested in going, a few have access to boats and want to go and commited. That's why I brought it up. Bump that thread again unless you don't want these two guys to come.

Now if that thread was for a specific date and this is for another date then it would make sense.
    now you've been pwn

Who are you, the hall monitor? Move along....

Anyhoo.... 3 days of canyons plus the float all packed into in 5 to 7 days... sounds like a challenging plan.....
    I agree Ice, the 5-7 day plan probably has us starting from Egypt TH. The problem is that when you go over 7 days you really limit the scope of people who can pull off the trip. Particularly when you throw in the flexibility needed at the put-in.

So why don't you and I float from the bridge down and take 10 days? All pack your boat up from the river to the car, so you can't use that as an excuse.

Come on Ice....

M

Aw, hell, that Crack exit isn't so bad. I don't know what all the fuss is about.

Now this is turning into a brand new, fresh thread, all on its own...

It's true, I canceled my plans on the river, instead opting for another trip. In the process, I've kind of left Mark high and dry...

So if anyone is game for it, do it!

p.s. you've got mail Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Schnupp View Post
    So why don't you and I float from the bridge down and take 10 days? All pack your boat up from the river to the car, so you can't use that as an excuse.
    I would need to be more on the 5 day plan.... It's probably impossable for me to leave my business for 10 days, at least right now. I know this sounds lame but I need to at least have occational internet access.

So.... what would it take for a guy without a boat to obtain one for a trip like this? Options?

I would need to be more on the 5 day plan.... It's probably impossable for me to leave my business for 10 days, at least right now. I know this sounds lame but I need to at least have occational internet access.

So.... what would it take for a guy without a boat to obtain one for a trip like this? Options?
    I know they rent IK's out of Moab for $25 p/d for 5 days, this includes everything. Do you know of any outfitters in Escalante that rent equipment?

If we only had 5 day's we would definitely need to give up either some river or some canyon's. Which one is a higher priority for you? Since I have never done the Baker's I would like to at least see them.

not sure if Wasatch Touring rents IK but I'd start there. Maybe Sidsports would know who rents IK.

edit: U of U outdoor rec rents IK

The Hall Monitor around here, get in order

Are you kidding me, no one wants to go!? I got more hits from the Hall Monitor then anyone interested in the trip...how embarassing for Bogley canyoneering. And don't try and say it's me.....all my partner's love me, right Bruce and Tom?

When I signed up to this forum I was told this is where all the hard core, pipe hitting canyoneer's where involved....I want my money back! I guess I'm going to have to go over to the Dark Side and beg some old guy's to "guide me".

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Schnupp View Post
    I guess I'm going to have to go over to the Dark Side and beg some old guy's to "guide me".
    FWIW: This is the "Dark Side".... the other guys are the "Bright Side".... as in.... they are so much brighter then us...

Nothing wrong with visiting the Bright Side... It's a little painful at first when they anally insert the "Stepford Canyoneer" microchip.... but after that it's not bad....

Your pal
    IceVader

Name:  icevader..jpg
Views: 477
Size:  100.5 KB

[FONT=Arial]Mark is a good guy