Page 68 of 246 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 4905

Thread: 2020

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    Yep, and everyone knows it...even his supporters. That's why I say he's nothing more than a symbol.

A little black X that they can put on a piece of paper to show their disgust for those around them that have a nicer life. I don't think the Bernie folks necessarily hate Capitalism, it's just that they're not very good at it.
    That's the thing, though. I know a few people that are VERY good at capitalism, and they are still Bernie fans. They are basically ignoring all of the negative stuff that he says and think that it's someone like him that will help make the USA a "livable" place for all people, not just the rich. They have no idea what they are talking about, which baffles me considering what they have done with their own lives and the money they make doing it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo View Post
    That's the thing, though. I know a few people that are VERY good at capitalism, and they are still Bernie fans. They are basically ignoring all of the negative stuff that he says and think that it's someone like him that will help make the USA a "livable" place for all people, not just the rich. They have no idea what they are talking about, which baffles me considering what they have done with their own lives and the money they make doing it.
    Indeed...those that fail at success, but also those that really believe that unicorns that fart rainbows can/do actually exist.

Some of those are smart people that function just fine, but they pine for a world as the way it "should be"...putting no stock in the way things really are.

When I ask "How much more are you willing to pay in taxes?"...the answer is always "More", but never exactly how much. That's the problem with liberalism...they have no limiting principles. It's always just "Whatever it takes".

One of the most fascinating things about politics/social issues to me is how two people can be looking at the same damn thing but see it so differently.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

4. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Exactly. They seem to think that you can give people stuff and they are only going to do positive things with it and improve their lives. They can't seem to think that people could possibly take all that stuff you gave them and destroy their lives. Why would they do that? Oh yeah, because our problems in this country are not caused by the lack of free child care, health care, higher education, gun control, affordable housing, or anything else they want to provide for us. The problems we have are caused by the very people that are calling for it. We live in a country with the greatest potential for personal growth and success ever known to man. Unfortunately, we all just bitch about how the little man can't get ahead or that the man is keeping us down. Shut up and get to work. You might just be surprised by what you can do for yourself.

6. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Very well said^^^^^Both of you.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

8. Likes devo_stevo, twotimer liked this post
    I just returned from a big vacation and while I was away I read several books. One of them highlighted the turmoil of the late 60s.

A phrase that was popularized then amongst conservative types was "Get a haircut"...which is analogous to "Clean up your act".

George Harrison made a visit to Haight Ashbury right after the release of Sgt. Peppers...he walked around the park playing his guitar and hanging out with the "hippies". He hated it...he was dismayed by the drugs use and these people literally "Tuning in, dropping out and turning on"...which left them living lives of neediness. He said, "They don't get it...screwing yourself up isn't what the whole peace and love thing is all about".

Yeah...Timothy Leary. Tune in, drop out and turn on...great advice there, dude. Millions of people did just that and destroyed themselves and the future for their children. Generational poverty for otherwise able bodied people.

None of this is new...read the lyrics to the Oingo Boingo song "Capitalism"...that was written and recorded in 1980.

When anyone ask's me why I'm conservative, I tell them "I'm happy with my life and I'm not pissed off about anything". That's it, really...it seems to me that ALL liberals are angry or upset about one thing or another.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    Very well said^^^^^Both of you.
    Thanks Kurt...just common sense, huh?
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

11. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    IMO--what it really boils down to is the ability to control those who wish to be controlled, through the bribery of gifts, in the form of

free healthcare, free education, etc.

Once you accept any of the bribes, they own you(control)

I guess you could call it modern American slavery.

Once you go there, you never again control your future
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    Thanks Kurt...just common sense, huh?
    Commonsense isn't nearly as common as you would think it is....

Alright, so I'm watching this debate...

Biden is gone. Warren is a pacifist and I didn't know that until tonight...she's definitely working the VP thing, ready to polish Bernie's knob.

Pete and Amy are actually reasonably polite...Amy dodges questions but Pete actually is a bit more genuine.

Bernie is trying to be Fidel Castro 2.0...that's totally obvious.

Bloomberg...seems to me that he may actually be on the Trump train! That guy was a Republican once, and it shows.

If the Dems were smart, they'd find a way to ditch Bernie and go with Mike...it's the best shot they'll have but it'll totally lose the far left votes. Trump would win in that case, but it actually may end up being a close election. The centrists that don't like Trump would have an option.

Funny, the best shot for the Democratic Party to win the Presidency is to run another Republican against Trump. If they cheat Bernie it's gonna be a friggin' riot!
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

15. Likes BasinCruiser liked this post
    More Bernie burning off the Democratic party. LEXIT to KAG, baby.

Name:  07BA3EB5-15C6-43F8-8754-F2887C4FA57E.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  22.3 KB

https://magadailyreport.com/2020/02/...n-ballot-dems/
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

Wow. 150M people? I had no idea. That’s sounds a lot worse than some flu that killed a few thousand.

Name:  7A5D8371-E681-4ECF-B75A-8380FC00BF4B.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  19.6 KB

https://conservative.life/biden-just...cause-of-guns/
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

Mountain Man
    Didn't see the debate tonight. What are some opinions. I see 2timer's above.

Last nights SC debate... The moderator's lost control of the debate almost immediately and looked like clowns trying to herd cats...

Pocahontas did her best to polish Bernie's knob in an attempt to secure the VP slot. She actually had a great debate performance, but it's too little and too late to catch Bernie.

No one was able to damage Bernie and he did nothing to damage himself, which probably means he will have secured the Democratic nomination after Super Tuesday.

Sleepy Joe made an ass out of himself as usual by declaring that nearly half of the US population (150 million) has been killed by guns since 2007. Sleepy Joe needs to be put out to pasture. He might win Saturday in SC, but his fourth run at the Presidency is going down in flames, just like his first three attempts.

Bloomberg obviously went to debate school since the last debate and did better, but Warren still beat him like a red headed step child. The worst part was Bloomberg ran a bunch of ads during the debate, which made it simple to see the guy on stage and the super hero shown in the ads were not the same guy. Bloomberg is clueless when it comes to the common man, how he lives and what he needs. The guy is tone deaf. All the money in the world can't buy you a personality and Bloomberg has none.

Klobuchar was tanked since the first debate, which was her only worthwhile performance. Now she is just sucking up some of the moderate votes.

Buttigieg seems likable enough but is obviously not Presidential material, or at least not yet. He did do a descent job of pointing out how crazy Bernie's ideas actually are, but no one is listening.

Steyer will use his money to suck up moderate votes, which only helps Bernie.

As the moderates continue to split the vote I don't see anyone who can catch Bernie after Super Tuesday when mighty California delivers him their massive herd of delegates.

Climb-Utah.com

in my opinion---get a shotgun

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    Wow. 150M people? I had no idea. That’s sounds a lot worse than some flu that killed a few thousand.

Name:  7A5D8371-E681-4ECF-B75A-8380FC00BF4B.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  19.6 KB

https://conservative.life/biden-just...cause-of-guns/

Is it any wonder the unemployment numbers have been so low with half the country dead from guns.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    As the moderates continue to split the vote I don't see anyone who can catch Bernie after Super Tuesday when mighty California delivers him their massive herd of delegates.
    Speaking of CA, updated RCP avg. Sanders and Warren 1-2 combined at over 50% in the most recent! And in the average he's still positioned to get all delegates, if everyone else is less than 15%.

Quote Originally Posted by dougr View Post
    Didn't see the debate tonight. What are some opinions. I see 2timer's above.
    Regarding foreign policy...that's when it was clear that Warren is a pacifist. She'd gut the military, virtually declaring that she'd leave the entire Middle East to "figure it out". She sounds quite libertarian...which is funny considering the liberal talking heads criticize Trump for not being more involved with helping the Palestinians and all the poor refugees. She said she'd flood the zone with humanitarian aid.

Bernie Sanders may actually be a clone of Noam Chomsky...as he blamed America for the world's ills. Seriously, the most logical choice for his VP may be Chomsky himself, or at least Secretary Of State.

Noam Chomsky may be the most miserable person on earth...anybody that's a fan of Noam is a fan of Bernie...that's for sure. America LAST.

The Dem Party is truly as far left as it can get.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Funny thing about Bloomberg.... he was skyrocketing up the polls until he walked onto the debate stage. The interesting part was he never had to set foot on the stage as he didn't meet the DNC rules for debate as his campaign was self financed. Bloomberg worked to have the DNC change the debate rules which allowed the world to see he was a total douche in person.

I'd just be curious if the advisor who told him to buy the rules committee... err... I mean ask the rules committee to change the rules to allow him on stage still has a job?

Mountain Man
    Many opinion pieces on the debate performances. But (douche) Mary Anne Marsh's is interesting. I agree with almost nothing she writes, but a Dem's perspective on a Dem debate is instructive.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/mary...d-losers-in-sc

WINNERS

BIGGEST WINNER: Bernie Sanders

Sanders walked into the debate as the front-runner and walked out as the front-runner. And that makes him the likely nominee if he does well, as expected, on Super Tuesday.

What should trouble many Democrats about Sanders is his continued inability or unwillingness to address how he’s going to pay the $60 trillion for his promises and programs, including “Medicare-for-all.” Sanders is using the same answer he’s been using for weeks – ducking the details, joking about how much time it would take, referring to nickels and dimes in a condescending manner.

The lack of response to that question raises questions about Sanders’ unwillingness to release his medical records. In many way he’s much like Trump with a lack of transparency about matters that matter. Yet Sanders is on his way to the nomination to face Trump.

WINNER: Elizabeth Warren

The strategy Warren employed Tuesday night is the one she should have been using for the past month: saying that while she holds similar positions to Sanders, she can turn those ideas into reality and get the job done.

With more time that approach could take a good number of votes from Sanders. And that could put Warren in the hunt for the nomination again.

There was no better debater on the stage than Warren as she made her case with substance and style that she employed once again in devastating fashion with Bloomberg.

In addition to raising more questions about Bloomberg’s treatment of women, Warren pointed out all the Republicans whose campaigns he contributed to, including Sens. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina and Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania. She noted that Bloomberg also made campaign contributions to former Sen. Scott Brown of Massachusetts, who was defeated by Warren.

No one has hurt Bloomberg more than Warren in the two debates he participated in and in the nomination race.

But it all may be too little too late for Warren. Barring a cataclysmic event in the next week or on route to the convention, Warren is unlikely to catch Sanders.

WINNER: Joe Biden

Biden had his best debate performance when he needed it the most. His performance should reassure South Carolina voters and that will help Biden in the primary Saturday.

South Carolina is considered a must-win state for Biden and he has said he will win. But even a big win in South Carolina isn’t likely to enable Biden to gain ground on Sanders, and that’s the name of the game.

LOSERS

BIGGEST LOSER: Mike Bloomberg

At one point during the debate as it went to the first commercial break, Bloomberg checked his watch. This was reminiscent of President George H.W. Bush during a debate that marked the end of his chances to defeat challenger Bill Clinton.

The same could be true of Bloomberg. All the money in the world isn’t going to help Bloomberg win this race because in the end, you can’t hide the real Bloomberg.

The ads are a great substitute for Bloomberg. But the real Bloomberg has been revealed in these debates. Warren has shown him to be the antithesis of how he is portrayed in his nearly half-billion dollars of advertising.

It is the real-life person voters are casting their ballots for – not the one portrayed in ads. That’s the real problem for Bloomberg and it was on full display again Tuesday night.

LOSER: Pete Buttigieg

Once again, Buttigieg -- the former mayor of South Bend., Ind.,-- delivered a serviceable debate performance with his well-packaged talking points and lines. But it didn’t change the challenges he faces in the upcoming contests with voters of color.

Instead, Buttigieg rang the alarm throughout the debate about the risks that face the country and the Democratic Party if Sanders is nominated. However, raising these concerns fell woefully short of what was necessary for him to be successful.

This adds to Buttigieg’s woes in the remainder of this campaign and keeps him in the cycle of moderate voter cannibalism that could deny all of the moderates the nomination.

LOSER: Amy Klobuchar

The New Hampshire debate is now officially a one-hit-wonder for Sen. Klobuchar of Minnesota. Her performance in the two debates since that night fell short of that one, and so too will her prospects in the remaining contests as a result.

LOSER: Tom Steyer

Like his fellow billionaire Mike Bloomberg, Tom Steyer has an endless reservoir of money to stay in the race. It has done little to improve his debate performance but it has put him in contention for third place in the South Carolina primary. That hurts Biden, Buttigieg and Klobuchar and it doesn’t help Steyer – but it does help Sanders.

heres a recap

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?