Thread: Please explain the Flat Earth theory to me

Please explain the Flat Earth theory to me

I thought this was a joke, but they are serious.

Why are the Flat Earthers not joking, Why do they think the flight paths around the globe are carefully planned, what is the conspiracy, why would the elites try to hide this from us?

I don't get it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    I thought this was a joke, but they are serious.

Why are the Flat Earthers not joking, Why do they think the flight paths around the globe are carefully planned, what is the conspiracy, why would the elites try to hide this from us?

I don't get it.
    It is because the Bible indicates that the earth is flat in several of its passages. The ancient Hebrews definitely considered the world to be flat, despite some apologetics claiming otherwise. In Biblical times, things like the Windows of Heaven, the Water in the Firmament, the Pillars of Heaven, etc. were taken as quite literal.

The Flat Earth societies (there are more than one) say that the Bible is the final Word of God and is to be taken literally. It's kind of like the groups who fight against things like evolution or the age of the earth (for example, the well known group Answers in Genesis) but taking it one step farther.

According to Flat Earth societies, anything that goes against the Bible, including a spherical earth is a conspiracy to undermine the Bible. It doesn't matter to them (and they even say so) what evidence is presented to the contrary.

Off their own website, here are some of the Bible versus that they use to "prove" that the world is flat:

https://flatearthscienceandbible.com...side-a-dome-2/

If the Earth is flat, why isn't there a Russian kid hanging off of it with a GoPro?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

5. Likes Sombeech liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    If the Earth is flat, why isn't there a Russian kid hanging off of it with a GoPro?
    According to them, we're trapped in a dome, so he/she couldn't hang off. Think of a snow globe with a flat bottom. I wonder why they just don't go to the edge of the globe and "prove" their claims?
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

So what is the cause for the concealment or conspiracy though? Why would the Illuminati want us to believe it's round?

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    So what is the cause for the concealment or conspiracy though? Why would the Illuminati want us to believe it's round?
    To undermine the Bilble.

It's not that much different from those who think that evolution was created to undermine the Bible.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    According to them, we're trapped in a dome, so he/she couldn't hang off. Think of a snow globe with a flat bottom. I wonder why they just don't go to the edge of the globe and "prove" their claims?

So, The Truman Show must be a horror film for them.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    To undermine the Bilble..
    That sounds very odd to me

12. Likes rockgremlin liked this post