Thread: TNT - 1/20/13

TNT - 1/20/13

Nick, Eric and myself decided to go prerun the trail we are leading this Friday for Winter On The Rocks. Weather, scenery and friends were awesome. No mechanical problems this trip. One of the obstacles has had a ton of sand washed out of it which made it extremely difficult to get up. We were there for over an hour just to get past one obstacle, so knowing we are bringing more people through in a few days, we filled the hole with about 10 rocks. It's a 9 rated trail with a gatekeeper at the beginning, that requires you to pretty much roll into a rock wall to enter the canyon.

Name:  IMG_9206.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  140.5 KB

Name:  IMG_4485.JPG
Views: 304
Size:  456.8 KB

Name:  IMG_4488.JPG
Views: 311
Size:  439.5 KB

Name:  IMG_4507.JPG
Views: 302
Size:  423.7 KB

Name:  IMG_4512.JPG
Views: 297
Size:  466.8 KB

Name:  IMG_4539.JPG
Views: 302
Size:  379.1 KB

Name:  IMG_4549.JPG
Views: 293
Size:  407.6 KB

Name:  IMG_4584.JPG
Views: 308
Size:  412.6 KB

Name:  IMG_4621.JPG
Views: 270
Size:  371.2 KB

Name:  IMG_4655.JPG
Views: 330
Size:  494.8 KB

Name:  IMG_5315.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  122.1 KB

Name:  IMG_4472.JPG
Views: 288
Size:  390.4 KB

Name:  IMG_6042.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  89.5 KB

Name:  IMG_8178.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  168.9 KB

Name:  IMG_8370.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  104.9 KB

Name:  IMG_4470.JPG
Views: 277
Size:  441.2 KB

2. Likes accadacca liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Great pictures! The weather looks awesome. That is one hardcore looking trail. I so wish I could make it to WOTR, the trip reports I read every year make it sound like an event to not be missed. With KOH so soon after it's darn hard for me to make this one but I will sure look forward to the trip reports again!

Great pics and TR! Looks like a very fun day in the sun.

Got a question...how do you maintain oil pressure at those extreme angles?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandstone Addiction View Post
    Got a question...how do you maintain oil pressure at those extreme angles?
    You always don't, but we fill with oil to the normal fill line then add 2 bottles of Lucas oil treatment. The stuff is amazing, I've been on my side running with no oil pressure for 15 minutes before. The guys running auto transmissions do the same on the them but overfilling. 1 quart overfilled doesn't hurt anything. My wifes JK daily driver I ran 1 quart over all the time, even for freeway driving.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Cool, glad we have a local place, when they turn all of the area surrounding Moab into a NP, trails there will be eliminated.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    Cool, glad we have a local place, when they turn all of the area surrounding Moab into a NP, trails there will be eliminated.
    We have put together about 30 local trails here. All of them have been GPS and turned into the BLM and/or Forest Service. Many of them have been marked with signs and/or trail markers. It currently is an open OHV area, but we are trying to work with everybody about staying on the trails. We do a lot of trail maintenance and clean ups, as of now we are in very good standing. As long as we do our end, this area should be able to stay open forever. It always sucks that you get a couple of stupid people that screw stuff up for the majority, but the best we can do is try and educate. There is no reason that the offroad community and environmentalists can't try to work together a little better and that is what we are trying to do

Quote Originally Posted by 2065toyota View Post
    We have put together about 30 local trails here. All of them have been GPS and turned into the BLM and/or Forest Service. Many of them have been marked with signs and/or trail markers. It currently is an open OHV area, but we are trying to work with everybody about staying on the trails. We do a lot of trail maintenance and clean ups, as of now we are in very good standing. As long as we do our end, this area should be able to stay open forever. It always sucks that you get a couple of stupid people that screw stuff up for the majority, but the best we can do is try and educate. There is no reason that the offroad community and environmentalists can't try to work together a little better and that is what we are trying to do
    Are there any maps with GPS coordinates to these trails? Any Google Earth KMZ files? I have a mildly modified 2013 Jeep Rubicon. Are there any trails I can do or are they all hard core?

Quote Originally Posted by UtahFire View Post
    Are there any maps with GPS coordinates to these trails? Any Google Earth KMZ files? I have a mildly modified 2013 Jeep Rubicon. Are there any trails I can do or are they all hard core?
    There is a full range or trails available for all types of vehicles. Trail reports, maps, GPS and partners available at

www.utah4x4club.com
    www.rme4x4.com

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum