Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Your NETFLIX Queue

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Alright, so far, still in the first episode, I keep watching the Indians say how all of the land was theirs before the US Gov't took it away. When even the Indians are convinced that their little tribe, among thousands of tribes in the area, that they were the original owners of this land clear from the Oregon coast all the way to the colonies in the East, they must be learning this from privileged white people. The thousands of Indian tribes that were scattered across the land from coast to coast were constantly warring with each other, taking and stealing land with bloodshed. They were in NO WAY a unified body of land ownership.

Now I'm half way through the first episode still and it's the white Montana natives that are trying to use the same argument, hating the "transplants". Retards.

I'll see if I can put up with it for a few more episodes, I thought I would like it with Kevin Costner.
    It's a show. Don't read so much into it! <smh> I just watched the Season 2 ending and quite enjoy the series. I've now moved onto Star Trek Discovery, but I have to VPN via Italy to watch it. Discovered that series while in Europe, came home and found out Netflix blocks viewing from within the US!
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

FWIW - The Indians had no concept of land ownership when the white man came to the new world. It would be the same as if an alien showed up at your doorstep tomorrow and offered to trade you 2 new ebikes for all the air in Utah. You would probably say sure thing, take his ebikes, and laugh your ass off at screwing over the stupid alien... right up to the moment you suddenly could breathe. When I hear the story about whitey buying Manhattan island for a bunch of beads this is the scenario I think of. YMMV

Climb-Utah.com

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    We just started streaming "Designated Survivor" starring Keifer Sutherland. Not too terrible, despite them injecting politics into the show. We're still in Season 1..
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

68 Whiskey is the best series I've seen since Breaking Bad. It's the first season and episode 5 was Wednesday. You can catch up using On Demand on DirecTV. I'm guessing it's also available elsewhere.... we will have to see if it can maintain its excellance... you're welcome.

Climb-Utah.com

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    68 Whiskey is the best series I've seen since Breaking Bad. It's the first season and episode 5 was Wednesday. You can catch up using On Demand on DirecTV. I'm guessing it's also available elsewhere.... we will have to see if it can maintain its excellance... you're welcome.

Climb-Utah.com

It's on Amazon Prime for two bucks per episode.

Viewership rates it 2/5 stars out of 35 ratings...
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

^^^That's because it's new and different. It also took several episodes to get rolling. But I'll tell you right up front that you will hate it so don't waste your time. If you don't get The Wire you will never get this.

FWIW - It's by Ron Howard and I don't think I've ever seen anything from him that I disliked.

Climb-Utah.com

[eye roll emoji] I liked The Wire. I watched every episode. I just didn't like it as much as Breaking Bad.

And I agree about Ron Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    [eye roll emoji] I liked The Wire. I watched every episode. I just didn't like it as much as Breaking Bad.

And I agree about Ron Howard.
    So when did you change your tune about The Wire?!?

Last year you thought it was "boooooring"

Enquiring minds want to know...

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    So ummm...does "The Wire" ever get interesting? I've watched the first three episodes on Amazon Prime, and I gotta admit it's been a huge letdown. So far, it's basically just NYPD Blue but with every iteration of the F-word thrown into every single sentence. It seems like it's trying so hard to look gritty and raw, but in reality it's just another 2000's cop show.

Seriously, isn't "The Wire" just a remake of "Homicide: Life on the Street?" Booooooooooooring.........

Climb-Utah.com

Lol I'm equal parts impressed and flattered that you would go back to previous posts to dig that comment out.

I decided that since so many people recommended that I stick with it and it gets better I thought I'd ride it out. And I'm glad I did. It does get quite a bit better as it goes along.

68 Whiskey is along the same lines... the first three episodes I was thinking modern remake of MASH... but it has really started to roll.

Many of the bad reviews are what I consider military personnel nit-picking. They bitch about things like the Medevac didn't have enough gunship support and stuff like that.

I try not to do that with racing movies like Ford v Ferrari, Rush or Worlds Fastest Indian as it's easy to do if you're knowledge on the subject but destroys the movie.

YMMV

12. Likes rockgremlin liked this post

Your NETFLIX Queue

I have not been keeping up with this thread, because I normally don’t watch many television series or let me rephrase that. I don’t watch any television series, pretty much only sports. I just started watching Tiger King and it looks interesting. Anybody else watching?

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I was thinking maybe--"Escape from New York" would be getting popular...

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Omega Man with Charlton Heston.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    I have not been keeping up with this thread, because I normally don’t watch many television series or let me rephrase that. I don’t watch any television series, pretty much only sports. I just started watching Tiger King and it looks interesting. Anybody else watching?

I'm sure it'll be quite entertaining until that Tiger decides to rip his face off.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    I'm sure it'll be quite entertaining until that Tiger decides to rip his face off.
    Yeah, that wouldn’t even scratch the surface. Pun intended...

Ozark and Narcos Mexico

19. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by REDFOX View Post
    Ozark and Narcos Mexico
    Bingo. Two shows that are on my top ten list.

All the Narco's are good. I could never get into Ozark, but then again I pee standing up.

Been watching some of the Black Mirrors I'd missed... they can be real hit and miss, some are great and some are lame, but each show is a stand alone so you don't get forced into an endless TV time suck.

Climb-Utah.com

You can watch Jericho and get a glimpse of us in another couple months
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Released today--looks good

"Extraction"
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?