Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Strava Club

Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    Probably not by much I'm guessing.

I ran into Zoso near the 4-way intersection on Saturday morning but, didn't realize it was him until I was watching the "flyby". Looks like you were right behind him?
    I was right behind Zoso getting to the 4-way intersection. It's crazy, you don't show up on my flyby, but you do on Zoso's. It's a shame, we were hoping to extend the ride to do the South Deer Fork loop, but we didn't have time.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

You don't show up on my Flyby either but the other guy you were with does.
    Are we there yet?

Probably not by much I'm guessing.
    It's like 2 minutes or something. I blame it on your super speedy hardtail.

You don't show up on my Flyby either but the other guy you were with does.
    If you click on Zoso's activity (from your flyby screen), then do his flyby, you can see where I was with respect to him and you. Missed you by "that much." I'm a total nerd, but I love that Flyby feature.

Just rode mix mountain from silver Lake Lodge to canyons. . I had to ride the lift down. That's neutral at elevation.

Quote Originally Posted by neilether View Post
    It's like 2 minutes or something. I blame it on your super speedy hardtail.
    Hey, at my age, I need every advantage I can get! I am unapologetic about my 23lb (w/pedals) weapon of choice. Not too shabby for an XXL size aluminum frame.
    Are we there yet?

Well, I finally got a dumb/smart phone and joined the geeks on Strava. I also have to add in my defense any of my rides that I note as being with Jack are done with my 10 year old son so we don't normally set any records on those, but he is getting better and braver every time that we go out. Hopefully some day he will be able to whip my butt up the mountain and it'll all be worth it.

I ride with my kids all the time. Those are some of my favorite rides. Who cares about speed when you get to ride with your kids.

We have a blast on every ride together, half of the time he tells me he's dying and the other half how much fun riding is. It seems like after every ride we end up laughing our asses off about something dumb that happened like me tipping over or him falling off the edge of the trail, it's always funny later on. He used to love the uphills only, but he's getting to appreciate the downhill almost as much as I do now.

Just throwing this out there, if I find a way to embed / share your strava routes or maps here, would anybody use it?

And... yeah, I know the Google Maps embed is messed up at the moment.

Probably not, we already have a Bogley group on Strava and I use Strava when I want to see where Bogley members are riding. And Strava has so many other advantages like total miles ridden and elevation gained.

I would vote to fix google maps.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    I would vote to fix google maps.
    Yeah, I'll start looking at this again. I'm assuming one could always export their Strava route and import it into Google Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Probably not, we already have a Bogley group on Strava and I use Strava when I want to see where Bogley members are riding. And Strava has so many other advantages like total miles ridden and elevation gained.
    Yeah, Strava is pretty good at looking at a group and comparing rides and where people are riding. Even if the map showed up here (like it does if you link strava to facebook) I still end up clicking in the map and going to strava for more detail anyways.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

I've added a widget that shows our club activity on the right side bar.

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-03-08 at 1.50.24 PM.png
Views: 173
Size:  68.0 KB

Worth watching....

There is a sad amount of truth in that video.

***KOM***

Hey, those KOM's don't grow on trees, particularly when you're 56 years old and hunting them in Corner Canyon.

Name:  KOM.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  39.8 KB

20. Likes tallsteve liked this post
    I set a number of KOMs last week in AFCanyon... I forgot to turn off the strava and drove home!

My names on it so It must count...

22. Likes gholt liked this post
    Awesome

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk