Thread: My get away van.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar

My get away van.

So as not to hijack the coronavirus.
    @Byron

I am installing my van floor. This is my midlife crisis. My sexy beast of a vehicle. I have no idea where to put this thread. This is mostly so I can go explore mountain bike trails all over the country until I can't pedal uphill. Then I might get that ebike.

When I was down on the Rainbow Rim nothing but my sleep pad in the van. Hoping to change that before my next trip.

This one was up by Thunder Mountain early morning.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Chere'

2. Likes Scott Card, Iceaxe, Sombeech liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Yeah, I've got one of those vans. I love it...I use it for work. You can stand up in mine.

I was going to ask you about the Rainbow trail in that other thread...I've hiked and backpacked from the rim all over the Powell Plateau but never rode that trail. I've been meaning to combine it with a backpack. I know exactly where it is and what it does along the rim, but I was wondering your opinion of it.

That picture you posted above makes me want to be there right now...so it's only a matter of time before I ride it. There's a bug out spot for ya.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Yeah, I've got one of those vans. I love it...I use it for work. You can stand up in mine.

I was going to ask you about the Rainbow trail in that other thread...I've hiked and backpacked from the rim all over the Powell Plateau but never rode that trail. I've been meaning to combine it with a backpack. I know exactly where it is and what it does along the rim, but I was wondering your opinion of it.

That picture you posted above makes me want to be there right now...so it's only a matter of time before I ride it. There's a bug out spot for ya.
    It is a beautiful trail. Highly recommend riding it. But that spot on Lotus point is ridiculously busy. I had a group of 7 take over my camp while I was out riding from Springdale UT. It worked out in the end because they invited me for dinner and breakfast. Nice group.

But if I wanted solitude next time I would camp of Timp or North Timp but I don't think you can pull up as close as that to the rim.

Chere'

I love your van and the pictures, they are sweet! I don't have anything that nice, but I picked up a clean and cheap old wheel chair lift van that I hall my mtn bikes, dirt bike, and snowbike in. It has a taller that stock roof that I can sort of stand up in and it also came with track on the floor that I can hook tie-downs to!

I Love vans!

If I could afford a newer one with 4x4 I would, but 50k to 60k is not in my budget. Mine suits me well enough for now. My plan is to make it so I can camp in it as well.

Enjoy the van life! Name:  20200109_112830.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  48.5 KBName:  imagejpeg_0_8.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  111.7 KBAttachment 95011Name:  IMG_6449.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  169.9 KB

Sent from my BV9800Pro using Tapatalk
    Attachment 95016
    Attachment 95017Attachment 95018
    Attached Images Attached Images   

7. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG RED View Post
    I love your van and the pictures, they are sweet! I don't have anything that nice, but I picked up a clean and cheap old wheel chair lift van that I hall my mtn bikes, dirt bike, and snowbike in. It has a taller that stock roof that I can sort of stand up in and it also came with track on the floor that I can hook tie-downs to!

I Love vans!

If I could afford a newer one with 4x4 I would, but 50k to 60k is not in my budget. Mine suits me well enough for now. My plan is to make it so I can camp in it as well.

Enjoy the van life! Name:  20200109_112830.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  48.5 KBName:  imagejpeg_0_8.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  111.7 KBName:  SmartSelectImage_2017-11-29-11-57-18.jpg
Views: 625
Size:  58.3 KBAttachment 95011Name:  IMG_6449.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  169.9 KBName:  IMG_6450.jpg
Views: 622
Size:  106.4 KB

I this!!

I have had a plan to get a van for over 10 years now. I think it was at Freeze Fest when I saw Vanna White Lisa's van that I decided one day I would have one.

Here is an update on my progress

Plywood is cut for the floor. Now I just have to install foam insulation for under the floor, then the Plywood and I found the perfect remnants of vinyl to go on top!

Chere'

That's looking good!

10. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    Floor is essentially done. Need some trim stuff. For the back and side door. But not too bad for my first ever attempt at flooring. I guess time will tell if I did good by how well it holds up.

Chere'

blueeyes...if you haven't already done it, go the the Ford Transit Forum. A lot of good stuff over there.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

The flooring looks nice. I'm excited to see your other mods.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum