Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Medical Marijuana in Utah

Utah’s medical marijuana initiative is about to get swapped out with a compromise bill in the legislature

"What the public is going to see in the final special session is, from our perspective, about 90% of what was in Proposition 2"

https://fox13now.com/2018/11/14/utah...e-legislature/

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Utah’s medical marijuana initiative is about to get swapped out with a compromise bill in the legislature

"What the public is going to see in the final special session is, from our perspective, about 90% of what was in Proposition 2"

https://fox13now.com/2018/11/14/utah...e-legislature/
    We shall see... when politicians use words like "compromise", "swapped out" and "90%", I'm betting they really mean "the compromise was that 90% of the original initiative has been swapped out".

Climb-Utah.com

4. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    BREAKING: A medical marijuana advocacy group has threatened a lawsuit over involvement The LDS Church has had with members of the Utah State Legislature in crafting a “compromise” bill to replace Proposition 2.

https://fox13now.com/2018/11/15/medi...-2-compromise/

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    BREAKING: A medical marijuana advocacy group has threatened a lawsuit over involvement The LDS Church has had with members of the Utah State Legislature in crafting a “compromise” bill to replace Proposition 2.

https://fox13now.com/2018/11/15/medi...-2-compromise/

Yeah I kinda figured that would happen.

“The Church of Jesus Christ has caused the sponsorship, passage, and/or defeat of many public laws—state, county, and municipal—for many years. It is common knowledge that no liquor bill, sex education bill, gambling bill, or sexual orientation/gender identity bill will be passed by the Legislature without the support of The Church of Jesus Christ.” -- Rocky Anderson

It's time for the LDS church to get out of politics. It's getting them deeper and deeper into hot water, and pissing people off to the point where it is now negatively affecting their image.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Yeah I kinda figured that would happen.

“The Church of Jesus Christ has caused the sponsorship, passage, and/or defeat of many public laws—state, county, and municipal—for many years. It is common knowledge that no liquor bill, sex education bill, gambling bill, or sexual orientation/gender identity bill will be passed by the Legislature without the support of The Church of Jesus Christ.” -- Rocky Anderson

It's time for the LDS church to get out of politics. It's getting them deeper and deeper into hot water, and pissing people off to the point where it is now negatively affecting their image.
    Queue Sombeech in 3, 2, 1...

I've missed Rocky in my life. Welcome back old man, where have you been the last few years?

8. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    Queue Sombeech in 3, 2, 1...
    I know you'd rather nobody provide a contrary point of view, but we practice diversity and tolerance here.

10. Likes Scott Card liked this post
    Anybody that indulges in pot on a regular basis is a loser. If the church is trying to keep it out of Utah, that's fine with me.

I'd rather hang out with a bunch of nice Mormon dudes that some doped up bums.

I don't buy the medicinal "miracle" that weed provides...you can drink two glasses of wine and it does the same damn thing.

And I don't need any of you guys coming in to school me about the "realities" of pot. I'd just laugh it off. I like the church and fully back it trying to protect their families and communities.

Sometimes ya gotta take sides, man.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

^^^ Two glasses of wine don't instill a desire to eat in terminal cancer patients undergoing chemo.

And I wouldn't give my 7 year old two glasses of wine to treat his epileptic seizures.

Go ahead and queue the laughter.
    Last edited by rockgremlin; 11-15-2018 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    ^^^ Two glasses of wine don't instill a desire to eat in terminal cancer patients undergoing chemo.

And I wouldn't give my 7 year old two glasses of wine to treat his epileptic seizures.

Go ahead and queue the laughter.
    People can snort bleach for all I care, but hey man, you've got your side, I've got mine.

I don't know anyone who is sick and needs pot to feel better. Sure hear a lot of talk about it, though. All I know is that I'm working 20 miles away from downtown and these ate up people are popping out of the bushes. Seems to me that there's two things they want to live by...a McDonald's and a dispensary.

I reckon you've got a homeless problem in Utah, eh? Well, now there's going to be a lot more of them.

And if you have a kid who's having seizures then I sincerely wish you the best of luck.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

So since you don't know of somebody personally who is benefiting from the medical aspects of MJ then medical marijuana must therefore be hogwash...all just a ruse to get high.

Damn. I thought we had you fooled!

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    Anybody that indulges in pot on a regular basis is a loser. If the church is trying to keep it out of Utah, that's fine with me.

I'd rather hang out with a bunch of nice Mormon dudes that some doped up bums.

I don't buy the medicinal "miracle" that weed provides...you can drink two glasses of wine and it does the same damn thing.

And I don't need any of you guys coming in to school me about the "realities" of pot. I'd just laugh it off. I like the church and fully back it trying to protect their families and communities.

Sometimes ya gotta take sides, man.
    Damn, twotimer has the same reefer madness thoughts as Jeff Sessions. I wonder if you feel the same way about guys like me that have a few beers a couple nights a week, or if it is pot specific? I never understand people that view everything in such strong black and white terms. I do a lot of business with a guy that ran a very successful company sold it a decade or so ago and has been very involved with local real estate development and rentals. Has a net worth north of $20 mill, hasn't made less than $800,000 in any of the last 4 years and is just a really nice generous guy. Successful kids, nice wife, but smokes fairly regularly so must be a loser.

As for the loser dopeheads that basically just sit around and get high all day, does the pot cause that or would they do that regardless? Because there seems to be a lot of losers that don't use pot.

Personally, I just don't need government bureaucrats making decisions about what I can do with my own body. I always figured I can make my own decisions and deal with the consequences. Some folks really like big government control and lots of laws and regulations, I just don't happen to be one of those guys. YMMV.

16. Likes twotimer, rockgremlin liked this post
    Funny thing is, I'd share a joint with ya right now.

I just see pot tearin' a lot of people up, that's all.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

How about pot doesn't create losers, it's that losers are drawn to pot... Anyhoo, food for thought.

And yes, the same could be said for alcohol.

Climb-Utah.com

19. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    subscribed, this seems like a very interesting thread

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    How about pot doesn't create losers, it's that losers are drawn to pot... Anyhoo, food for thought.

And yes, the same could be said for alcohol.

Climb-Utah.com
    Actually....... otherwise good/sharp people can get sucked (no pun intended) into this world and become really stupid. Pot has never made any of my clients smarter. Just my experience after more than a 1000 criminal cases, mostly involving drugs and/or alcohol. It is, after all, called "dope" rather than "intelligence" for a reason.
    Life is Good

22. Likes jman, Iceaxe liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    Pot has never made any of my clients smarter. Just my experience after more than a 1000 criminal cases
    Nobody can argue this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Nobody can argue this.
    I haven't seen anyone on this thread argue that point.

I've seen arguments that it helps people with anxiety, chronic pain, epileptic seizures, glaucoma, and cancer patients. I could go on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Nobody can argue this.
    Who are you talking to about weed? So far you keep insisting that it won't make you smarter, and that voting for Prop 2 won't bankrupt big Pharma.

But nobody I know is arguing those two things. I thought that stuff was common knowledge.

Regardless, it kinda sounds like folks are getting off track again...Prop 2 is for MEDICINAL not RECREATIONAL marijuana usage. There's a huge difference.

Check out Sombeech in the tan butterfly collar "blast off to kicks-ville..."