Page 9 of 70 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Stocks

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    and that gobldy gook you posted above sounded like an obama speech, lotso words but says nothing..
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    and that gobldy gook you posted above sounded like an obama speech, lotso words but says nothing..
    ^^^THIS^^^

You love to argue just to see what you type, it's got to be a burden on you to feel a constant need to disprove everyone.
    I wasn't arguing with anyone. I was just answering the two questions that you asked me. It wasn't meant to be an arguement; I thought you would be interested. What I posted supports your prediction, so why you think that I was trying to disprove it is beyond me.

In fact, I actually thought I was supporting your own prediction of a market drop today as well, but apparently not.

Show me a statement by someone, prior to the fact
    I just did. The above quote was posted yesterday evening (I read it then) and one of the ones I was referring to.

I can post more when I get to a computer.

.....are signaling a flat-to-lower start to the new trading day stateside.

I was trying to answer the question that you asked thinking that you'd be interested, but never mind.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

come on--your democrat is showing through--lengthy diatribe--no facts..

You stated--"Yesterday there were quite a few of them predicting a drop in the market today. "

So put up a post, should be easy for you.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

You stated--"Yesterday there were quite a few of them predicting a drop in the market today. "

So put up a post, should be easy for you.
    OK, but only to answer your question.

I am now at the computer rather than the phone, so it is easier to post specific examples.

Let's start with the 1st prediction, though made this morning rather than yesterday or prior. Can I use that one?

This morning November 9:

market should drop today (Oldno7)

Here is some of what I was referring to:

November 8 referring to the DOW (Harvey S. Katz/Valueline):

Also, oil is nominally lower at this hour; and the U.S. equity futures are signaling a flat-to-lower start to the new trading day stateside.

November 8 referring to SPX and others (Market Timer):

11/8/17 (Commentary for Wednesday) We had choppy action today in the SPX but the high early Tuesday at 2587 still held. A warning flag from the credit sector (the JNK/TLT ratio) has sold off hard the last five days - that could tip the market into correction. Weakness in the XLU (utility sector) and strength in the TLT may imply that the market is concerned about passing a tax reform bill in Washington. The NYMO ( New York Composite McClellan Oscillator) has been < 0 for several days in a row now - this implies that some kind of correction may have started - perhaps into 11/9-11/10.

Another of yesterday's prediction for SPX:

The SPX made an early high at SPX 2597 on Tuesday before reversing down - we may see a mild decline into the 11/9-11/13 turn window. We are looking for a SPX over 3000 by June 2018.

QQQ Prediction from yesterday:

The stock market is consolidating here and the bank sector may be feeling the pressure from rising credit spreads. We plan to buy QQQ calls on a corrective decline into the 11/9-11/13 turn window.

Overall Market Prediction from Daily JVD Market Timer:

Turning Point Day

The turn windows for this week are 11/6 and 11/9-10.

November 7 (Put Dividends):

When I say “stock market prediction” I do not necessarily mean predicting where it ends up. Just trying to assess the direction of the market. Yesterday, I called the market to go up based on all of my technical indicators pointing up. Today the picture is not as clear as it was yesterday…..

The last one is admittedly a stretch, but I'm not sure what we're "arguing" about since the above seems to support your own statement.

As for me, I only wish I could predict the stock market (as does everyone else).

If you really think any of the above or what I said earlier was meant to be an argument, then there really is no point in discussing this further. Although I am much more a long term investor than into day trading, I do find the daily predictions interesting and it is interesting to see when they are right or wrong.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    If you really think any of the above or what I said earlier was meant to be an argument, then there really is no point in discussing this further. Although I am much more a long term investor than day trading, I do find the daily predictions interesting and it is interesting to see when they are right or wrong.
    I wouldn't sweat it, Scott. Most likely just an opportunity to bag on Barry.

Thanks for your contributions.

more gobledy gook....

heres from a post I made on 11-6-17

"I'm a market timer and it seems the 7-8th is a time point, not a price point, in conjunction or it would be a very good reversal signal.
    Likely a small pullback."

And what happened on the 7th & 8th?

Not a bag on barry(thats too easy)

Pointing out scott is wanting confrontation, even when he's clueless.(a true liberal)
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

9. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    There was no confrontation. I simply said that on the 8th there were some people predicting a drop in that market on the 9th. Then you asked me a question and I answered it. There was nothing more to it. That is all I said and there was no confrontation. In fact not only did I not say that you were wrong, the entire time I was actually trying to agree with your predictions.

Despite your constant attacks, I have taken it with stride, but I'm getting sick of it and so is everyone else. You are just being a dick for the sake of it, even though I have never tried to be confrontational with you personally.

Go to hell Kirt. I will answer none of your post from now on.

11. Likes devo_stevo liked this post
    ahh-liberals..

when you lose an argument go to name calling.

and I say nothing here I wouldn't say to your face.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I'd QFT that...but...

Ouch, Scott.

Does seem like he's constantly pickin' on you for no good reason. Shane does it too. Some internet bully thing I guess. Or a constant need to be right.

There's very little to no moderation here, which, can be good, and, can be bad. But, sometimes it allows folks to get away with saying things that are pretty disrespectful. When you leave (and the others that already have), it'll be just a bunch of mean spirited folks with the same opinions. If that's what folks want, so be it.

I enjoy spirited, intelligent debate. When it strays too far past that...well...just as easy to move on.

Maybe that time is now, Scott.

Cheers.

14. Likes devo_stevo, rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    ahh-liberals..

when you lose an argument go to name calling.

and I say nothing here I wouldn't say to your face.
    There it is.

And, Scott, you didn't lose an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in SLC View Post
    There's very little to no moderation here, which, can be good, and, can be bad.
    Whenever we try moderating the group it just ends up offending even more people... so.... now we just sit back and enjoy the show with everyone else. This forum is actually very tame compared to most I visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in SLC View Post
    I'd QFT that...but...

Ouch, Scott.

Does seem like he's constantly pickin' on you for no good reason. Shane does it too. Some internet bully thing I guess. Or a constant need to be right.

There's very little to no moderation here, which, can be good, and, can be bad. But, sometimes it allows folks to get away with saying things that are pretty disrespectful. When you leave (and the others that already have), it'll be just a bunch of mean spirited folks with the same opinions. If that's what folks want, so be it.

I enjoy spirited, intelligent debate. When it strays too far past that...well...just as easy to move on.

Maybe that time is now, Scott.

Cheers.
    Yeah...why all of the hate on Scott? Seems unjustified and spiteful.

IMO Scott was just trying to be sincere and got mercilessly attacked for it.

Hang in there Scott. Most people here still hold you in high regard, self included.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

18. Likes BasinCruiser liked this post

20. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    Go to hell Kirt. I will answer none of your post from now on.
    I think it's Kurt...

Anyway, I was canyoneering with some friends a few weeks ago and one of them is a Bogley member who hasn't posted in a long while. I asked him why.

He said "It's just the same dudes bitching at each other". Said it's become uninteresting because of it.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

22. Likes DiscGo, Scott P liked this post
    Anyway, I was canyoneering with some friends a few weeks ago and one of them is a Bogley member who hasn't posted in a long while. I asked him why.

He said "It's just the same dudes bitching at each other". Said it's become uninteresting because of it.
    Your friend is right.

^^^ Well, the only time I ever bitch on this site is when I go to the fantasy football thread to bitch about Iceass and his lucky daughter. Aside from that, I would consider myself pretty benign.

And I too would consider this forum on the tame side. I'm familiar with a few forums where topics devolve into flame wars on a nearly daily basis.

Ya know.... not to state the obvious, but you don't have to click on every thread.

There are a lot of threads I stay out of or avoid because I know if I enter the thread I'll just end up making some little bitch cry...

Iceaxe - your tour guide to everything that is wrong with the Internets.

Who would have thought that a thread about "Stocks" could get so heated. I love Bogley but I hate that this sort of thing happens. My advice is that if there is a user who really frustrates you,

Name:  Block.png
Views: 302
Size:  20.3 KB
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

27. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    ^^^ Was just gonna suggest this. It's great advice.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum