Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who uses the Bitcoin?

It sounds like they used to be easier to mine, but as time goes on and more bitcoins are created, the mathematical equations become more complex that your computer has to work through, costing more time and power.

This is why it will max out at 21 million, it's just the way the code was written and it's mathematically impossible to pass that number. But when it reaches that high it will be so difficult to mine for that it will not be worth it for the average user.

Then there are mining pools, groups of people using their collection of computers and graphics cards to mine for bitcoins and the results are shared across the pool.

Check out the "bitcoin mining rigs" that people are coming up with now. Making dedicated rooms in their homes, running extra power and A/C for cooling. Crazy stuff.

2. Likes DiscGo liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

5. Likes Sombeech liked this post
    Its crazy that it takes so much work. And for reference by "old" I meant quite powerful system that is now not the main system LOL.

Some of the videos that I have seen make me feel scared to even install the miner (like the videos above ha ha). Maybe I ought to just throw it on my new system and see what happens.
    Customizable Adult & Kids shirts, onesies, and More
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/CheaperThanShirt

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum