Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Not Guilty

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I knew this Knee Grow was a nut but I've underestimated him...

It blows my mind that this freak was able to parley his nonsense into a multimillion dollar empire. But then again, some guy got rich selling pet rocks, so go figure?
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by savanna3313 View Post
    Oh gosh....I'm sorry but I couldn't resist. Photo of the Zimmerman Jurors. Too soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Where da white people at?

Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    White dudes can riot, they just need the right cause!

I was caught in a full scale riot one time, all white dudes doing the rioting after a black undercover cop tied to make a pot bust at a concert in my hometown of Richmond, VA. Totally out of control for hours. Thousands of beer bottles being thrown at cops on horses, helicopters fly low over the crowd trying to push them away from the cops. Cars being overturned and burned inside the stadium. Steve Miller Band kept playing right through it all!

I wasn't involved in the mayhem, just a high school kid trying to listen to some music. I did get whacked on the head by a riot-geared cop when I tried to find a water fountain to get a drink, as it was a hot and sunny. Another had a dog biting at my heels and I ended up climbing a chain link fence and running for my life.

Name:  photo1017.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  196.3 KB

http://www.richmondmagazine.com/arti...3-29-2011.html

http://www.timesdispatch.com/enterta...a72cc5450.html

Waiting for their team to win/lose an important sports game.

Name:  4957042.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  53.6 KB

7. Likes Slot Machine liked this post
    Or going crazy when a pedophile hiding coach has to resign in disgrace.

Name:  riot.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  57.0 KB

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    eric holder on stand your ground law

“We must examine laws that take this further by eliminating the common sense and age-old requirement that people who feel threatened have a duty to retreat, outside their home, if they can do so safely.” Otherwise, Holder said, “by allowing and perhaps encouraging violent situations to escalate in public, such laws undermine public safety. The list of resulting tragedies is long and, unfortunately, has victimized too many who are innocent.”
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

You mean Eric "fast and furious" Holder?

The same Eric Holder who supplied the Mexican drug cartels with illegal firearms?

That guy has caused more gun deaths then all the stand your ground and home defense case combined times 10.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

I was referring to the pic I posted. Can you two dig one up after the O.J. verdict

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/0...erman-verdict/

Outspoken former NBA superstar Charles Barkley said he agrees with the verdict in the murder trial of George Zimmerman, but blasted the media for giving platforms to racists to “vent” their ignorance.

Barkley, 50, gave his assessment on the high-profile Florida murder trial to CNBC on Thursday, saying jurors simply did not have enough evidence to convict the former neighborhood watch volunteer in the 2012 killing of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

“Well I agree with the verdict,” Barkley said. “I feel sorry that young kid got killed, but they didn’t have enough evidence to charge him. Something clearly went wrong that night — clearly something went wrong — and I feel bad for anybody who loses a kid, but if you looked at the case and you don’t make it — there was some racial profiling, no question about it — but something happened that changed the dynamic of that night.”

“I feel sorry that young kid got killed, but they didn’t have enough evidence to charge him."

Barkley recognized his take is “probably not a popular opinion among most people,” but said the evidence pointed to an acquittal.

“I just feel bad because I don’t like when race gets out in the media ‘cuz I don’t think the media has a ‘pure heart,’ as I call it,” Barkley continued. “There are very few people who have a pure heart when it comes to race. Racism is wrong in any shape [or] form — there are a lot of black people who are racist, too. I think sometimes when people talk about race, they act like only white people are racist. There are a lot of black people who are racist. And I don’t like when it gets out there in the media because I don’t think the media has clean hands.”

Barkley, originally of Alabama, was named one of the NBA’s all-time 50 greatest players in 1993, the same year he won the league’s Most Valuable Player award. The 11-time All-Star retired after the 1999-2000 season and then began a successful career as a basketball analyst for Turner Network Television. He has also flirted with the idea of entering politics, announcing in 2008 that he intended to run for governor of Alabama before later changing his mind.

“Like I said, I feel sorry that young kid got killed, but just judging by the evidence, I don’t think that guy should’ve went to jail for the rest of his life,” Barkley continued. “Mr. Zimmerman was wrong to pursue, he was racial profiling, but I think Trayvon Martin — God rest his soul — I think he did flip the switch and started beating the hell out of Mr. Zimmerman. But it was just a bad situation.”

Barkley then took aim at unnamed media personalities who allegedly allowed their own biases to show throughout coverage of the murder trial.

“The main thing I feel bad for is it gives every white person and black person who’s racist a platform to vent their ignorance,” he said. “That’s the thing that bothered me the most. I watched this trail closely and I watched these people on television talking about it. A lot of these people have a hidden agenda. They want to have their racist views, whether they are white or black … Their biases definitely come out. It was a bad situation. We all lost.”

Michael Skolnik, editor-in-chief of GlobalGrind.com and political director to Russell Simmons, disagreed with Barkley’s take, he told FoxNews.com in a statement.

“I think Mr. Barkley certainly has a right to his opinion of what he perceives the evidence to be,” Skolnik said. “However, there is absolutely no medical evidence that Trayvon was ‘beating the hell out of Mr. Zimmerman,’ as he received minor and insignificant injuries. With regards to race, as a member of the media, I encourage him to facilitate a dialogue about the effects that racial profiling have on young, black and brown teenagers, striving towards a future where we no longer profile someone to be a potential burglar because of the color of their skin, but instead profile them to be a potential president.”

================================================== ================

Well said (Barkley). While I think that Zimmerman did do some things he shouldn't have, and I do feel sympathy for Martin, it is the media that has made this a strictly racial issue. I still think that the shooting was a tragedy and don't think either involved planned the outcome.

As far as rioting goes though, I really don't get it. People are going to riot in California (or wherever) against their neighbors who were thousands of miles away and had nothing to do with it?

Actually, it seems like there wasn't much rioting in the big scheme of things. It seems that the media wants to provoke people into rioting just to sell more news stories.

There were a few rioters, but it seems to be confined to a few hundred people at best vs the ~300+ million that didn't riot. Further, ~39 million blacks did no rioting vs. a few hundred that did as well.

The media seems to want to report that half the nation was burned to the ground or something.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Scott P;539736]In many ways, this incident reminds me of something that happened to me years ago when I was in my late teens.

We (all teenagers) were in Delta Utah (where my grandparent's lived on a farm) and going to get lava rocks in the desert to the south for landscaping. I was driving my grandpa

Could this frickin' race baiter play this out anymore?!?

Mr. Obama, since when did African Americans have such a race problem with hispanics like Zimmerman?

President Obama: 'Trayvon Martin Could've Been Me 35 Years Ago'

President Obama made a surprise visit to the White House press room on Friday to speak about the aftermath of the Trayvon Martin case, making some of the most bold and open remarks about race of his presidency. You can read the full remarks here.

While the president began by commending the judge in the case as "professional" and the jurors as "properly instructed," he brought the case into the much broader context of race in America.

When Trayvon Martin was first shot, I said this could've been my son. Another way of saying that is, Trayvon Martin could've been me 35 years ago. And when you think about why, in the African American community at least, there's a lot of pain around what happened here, I think it's important to recognize that the African American community is looking at this issue through a set of experiences and a history that doesn't go away.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/white...s-ago-20130719

Snopes doesn't allow cut and paste anymore, but check this out:

Very interesting:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/martin.asp

The photo in the lower right isn't the Martin that got shot at all.

He did have a picture of a pot plant and a gun though.

Of course, it doesn't make a difference now, but very interesting.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Today I finally figured it out.

For the liberals, it's all about the possibility of more gun control. For the blacks, man...they are all bent about "profiling". To them, that's what it's all about.

There was this guy that lived down the street from me back in the nineties. He was one scary looking dude...tattoos up and down his neck, long hair, just plain mean looking...a biker. He looked like the kind of guy that would knock your teeth out and then inlay them on the gas tank of his Harley like a trophy. There's no doubt that he made people nervous...they would cross the street when they saw him coming. When he walked into a bank, security guards would look him over hard. We talked about these kinds of things.

In reality, he was one of the nicest guys I've ever met. His wife was super sweet and he had two beautiful little girls that we very friendly and polite. He was an awesome dad. He was a mechanic, worked on big diesel trucks...learned it in the army. Always smiling, always friendly. Can't judge a book by it's cover, eh?

Another bit of reality is that there is nothing that can be done about these perceptions, it's just the way it is. Profiling? You bet. If I pull up to the ATM machine down the street and there is some hoodlum looking dude hanging out nearby, I'll come back later. People that dress all "gangsta" are bound to get scrutiny. Right or wrong, that's the way it is and it'll never change...It can't, and will not be wished away.

So now what do we get from the blacks in response to what they perceive (probably correctly) as a profiling issue? The exact opposite of what should be done...just adding fuel to the fire.

Bear in mind that these race baiters make quite a nice living from this crap. They play it up as much as possible, resulting in more first class travel, gourmet meals and the dollars pouring into their coffers. They don't need the whole country on their side, or even a small portion of it...just a hundred thousand writing checks is all it takes to keep the bank account nice and plump.Then you throw in the liberal media vultures kicking in their share. Easy money, without even breaking a sweat.

You know what should be done? A national campaign led by the black "gods"...Jay Z, Beyonce, Lebron, Denzel, Oprah and yes, Mr. and Mrs. Obama, too. These people, among them, are worth billions. They should kick loose with a portion of that to really put some pressure on the black community to knock off the bullshit. They should say to the black youth to stop with the violence, stop adoring the "gangsta" lifestyle. Do something, really...to help change the perception.

Yeah, the perception. Mr. Obama said it today...doors being locked as I walk by, women in elevators holding their breath and clutching their purses a bit tighter. Well, why the hell do you thing that is? Do you really want to blame "them" for feeling that way? He and the people I mentioned above have the power to get the conversation started in the right direction...but they just won't go there.

I suppose you can't depend on Jay Z, considering he writes songs with lyrics like "Ni**a ho suck my d**k". Really dude?

And in regards to Mr. Obama...thanks again for quite effectively dodging the real issue. It's a shame that no one gives a rat's ass about what he has to say...and that's tragic when he has the power to rally for the good if he would only come out and say it like it REALLY IS, instead of playing it like just another pissed off black dude, looking to place blame anywhere but where it belongs. Everyone just tunes him out.

As long as these power players keep up the no end to the stinking mess nonsense, that's exactly how it will remain. Whew!

19. Likes Udink liked this post
    You know what should be done?
    What should be done and what will be done are not the same.

What should be done:

There should be no mention of race, other than human beings.

It shouldn't be tracked by the government or anyone else. In this country there shouldn't be "whites", "blacks", "Hispanics", etc. There should only be "Americans". Race or ethnic background shouldn't be asked on things like job applications, school applications, etc.

When trying to identify someone it could be mentioned (i.e. missing person, looking for a criminal, etc.) only to describe someone in order to find them, but not otherwise. It shouldn't be any different from mentioning age, height or weight to describe someone.

The only race consideration should be the human race.

At least that's how I think it should be.

Of course, things like gansta attire, nose rings, some types of tattoos, etc. are choices unlike race. You are right that people are going to judge people in that way. Even then you can't judge a book by it's cover, I see what you are saying. They may be (and most are probably are) nice, but they do get judged. Although the fault of the "judger", there is at least some choice by the "judgee" in the way that they appear. (Which is probably the same thing you are saying).

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    And in regards to Mr. Obama...thanks again for quite effectively dodging the real issue. It's a shame that no one gives a rat's ass about what he has to say...and that's tragic when he has the power to rally for the good if he would only come out and say it like it REALLY IS, instead of playing it like just another pissed off black dude, looking to place blame anywhere but where it belongs. Everyone just tunes him out.
    Well, I give a rat's ass about what he had to say, and, I felt what he did say was heartfelt.

I'll post it here in case you missed it:

THE PRESIDENT: I wanted to come out here, first of all, to tell you that Jay is prepared for all your questions and is very much looking forward to the session. The second thing is I want to let you know that over the next couple of weeks, there’s going to obviously be a whole range of issues -- immigration, economics, et cetera -- we'll try to arrange a fuller press conference to address your questions.

The reason I actually wanted to come out today is not to take questions, but to speak to an issue that obviously has gotten a lot of attention over the course of the last week -- the issue of the Trayvon Martin ruling. I gave a preliminary statement right after the ruling on Sunday. But watching the debate over the course of the last week, I thought it might be useful for me to expand on my thoughts a little bit.

First of all, I want to make sure that, once again, I send my thoughts and prayers, as well as Michelle’s, to the family of Trayvon Martin, and to remark on the incredible grace and dignity with which they’ve dealt with the entire situation. I can only imagine what they’re going through, and it’s remarkable how they’ve handled it.

The second thing I want to say is to reiterate what I said on Sunday, which is there’s going to be a lot of arguments about the legal issues in the case -- I'll let all the legal analysts and talking heads address those issues. The judge conducted the trial in a professional manner. The prosecution and the defense made their arguments. The juries were properly instructed that in a case such as this reasonable doubt was relevant, and they rendered a verdict. And once the jury has spoken, that's how our system works. But I did want to just talk a little bit about context and how people have responded to it and how people are feeling.

You know, when Trayvon Martin was first shot I said that this could have been my son. Another way of saying that is Trayvon Martin could have been me 35 years ago. And when you think about why, in the African American community at least, there’s a lot of pain around what happened here, I think it’s important to recognize that the African American community is looking at this issue through a set of experiences and a history that doesn’t go away.

There are very few African American men in this country who haven't had the experience of being followed when they were shopping in a department store. That includes me. There are very few African American men who haven't had the experience of walking across the street and hearing the locks click on the doors of cars. That happens to me -- at least before I was a senator. There are very few African Americans who haven't had the experience of getting on an elevator and a woman clutching her purse nervously and holding her breath until she had a chance to get off. That happens often.

And I don't want to exaggerate this, but those sets of experiences inform how the African American community interprets what happened one night in Florida. And it’s inescapable for people to bring those experiences to bear. The African American community is also knowledgeable that there is a history of racial disparities in the application of our criminal laws -- everything from the death penalty to enforcement of our drug laws. And that ends up having an impact in terms of how people interpret the case.

Now, this isn't to say that the African American community is na

22. Likes Absolute Gravity liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian in SLC View Post
    And for us to be able to gather together business leaders and local elected officials and clergy and celebrities and athletes, and figure out how are we doing a better job helping young African American men feel that they're a full part of this society and that they've got pathways and avenues to succeed -- I think that would be a pretty good outcome from what was obviously a tragic situation. And we're going to spend some time working on that and thinking about that.
    I'm familiar with the speech he gave, Brian. Now in regards to the portion I quoted above, which is the basis of my earlier post...Show me don't tell me, pal. Yeah, it's a lot of smooth talk, let's see some action, eh?

So he says he'll engage clergy, athletes and celebrities to help solve the problem. So where has this grand plan been? It took this kid getting shot to make it come to fruition? Talk, talk, talk, talk, talk...like I said, show me don't tell me.

I'm certainly not going to be holding my breath waiting for this big national campaign to get started that "changes the perception". They can talk it, but they never walk it. If he would have had a bunch of these people standing behind him, looking all serious and like they're ready to get to work on it, then perhaps it would get my attention. They certainly haven't had a problem with propping people up behind him to help strengthen his points...that would be a great start, don't ya think? All these black superstars, ready to rock, checkbooks in hand.

Tell you what, Brian. If you can come back in here a year from now and point to something that these people (or anyone, for that matter)are doing that is making a REAL impact on changing the perception of black youth, I'll gladly let you rub it in my face.

I'm going to laugh my ass off if the guy Zimmerman rescued ends up being African-American. I'm just curious if the 911 dispatcher told him he didn't need him to do that.

And If the guy is white... stay tuned for a statement from Obama stating "If the victim were Black, this would have had a totally different outcome".

George Zimmerman Rescues Victim From Overturned Truck!!!

July 22, 2013
    George Zimmerman, who has been in hiding since he was acquitted of murder in the death of Trayvon Martin, emerged to help rescue a family who was trapped in an overturned vehicle, police said today.

Zimmerman was one of two men who came to the aid of a family of four -- two parents and two children -- trapped inside a blue Ford Explorer SUV that had rolled over after traveling off the highway in Sanford, Fla. at approximately 5:45 p.m. Thursday, the Seminole County Sheriff's Office said in a statement.

The crash occurred at the intersection of I-4 and route Route 46, police said. The crash site is less than a mile from where Zimmerman shot Martin.

By the time police arrived, two people - including Zimmerman - had already helped the family get out of the overturned car, the sheriff's office said. No one was reported to be injured.

Zimmerman was not a witness to the crash and left after speaking with the deputy, police said.

It's the first known sighting of Zimmerman since he left the courtroom following his acquittal last week on murder charges for the death of Martin. Zimmerman, 29, shot and killed Martin, 17, in Sanford, Fla., on Feb. 26, 2012. The jury determined that Zimmerman shot Martin in self-defense.

25. Likes JP liked this post