Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: BYU Football 2012

BYU Football 2012

I'm up late flipping between the late Pac-12 game and BYU rerun. I looked up their 2013 schedule for next year and uh yikes!

Texas at BYU
    Boise State at BYU
    BYU at Utah State
    Georgia Tech at BYU
    BYU at Houston
    BYU at Wisconsin
    BYU at Notre Dame
    BYU at Hawaii

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

BYU Football 2012

BYU had a bye week to prep for Idaho. Do they get the W?

No but this week we got Michigan on the schedule in 2015 right after we travel to Nebraska and the week before Ole Miss (all on the road)
    Life is Good

BYU Football 2012

The 2013 schedule is looking a bit tougher...I hope they can get a new QB that can throw!

Taysom Hill will be the guy.

As for Idaho. This will be a tough game. Someone could trip on the way out of the tunnel and get hurt. Other than that, should be a W in the win column in about 6 minutes of game time.
    Life is Good

BYU is a 38 point favorite over Idaho high school this week.... think they will cover?

I think they do. The defense is a proud bunch and will do their best to have a shut-out. The offense will not pull the plug till the second half. By then I expect to be in the 30's and then the running game will go nuts.
    Life is Good

As for the 2013 season here is the latest tweet from Greg Wrubell as to the schedule.

2013 gms announced/contracted/expected--home: Utah, Texas, BSU, GT, MTSU. Away: UVa, USU, Houston, Wisconsin, ND, Hawaii. Not sure on Wazzu

Apparently we just added UVa yesterday or today??? Fun home schedule.
    Life is Good

BYU Football 2012

What will be the record next year? I see several losses...

Utah? I thought 2012 was the last games for a couple of years? BYU is not listed on Utah's 2013 schedule.

BYU, Virginia announce football series

PROVO, Utah (Nov. 7, 2012) — Brigham Young University and the University of Virginia today announced the schools have agreed to a home-and-home football series for the 2013 and 2014 seasons.
    The Cougars and Cavaliers will meet at Scott Stadium in Charlottesville, Va., on August 31, 2013, with the second game being played at LaVell Edwards Stadium on Sept. 20, 2014.
    “I really like this series with Virginia,” said BYU director of athletics Tom Holmoe. “It’s been more than a decade since we played at Virginia. It should be a great game for BYU fans in that part of the country and will provide a unique travel experience for both teams.”
    BYU and Virginia have previously met three times in football. The first meeting was in 1987 at the All-America Bowl in Birmingham, Ala., where the Cavaliers defeated the Cougars 22-16. The two teams met again in a home-and-home series in 1999 and 2000. Virginia won the first game in Provo 45-40 in 1999. The Cougars won in dramatic fashion the following year at Virginia 38-35 in overtime. Down 21-0 at halftime, BYU scored 35 points in the second half on three Brian McDonald touchdown runs and two Bret Engemann passes. Owen Pochman kicked a 26-yard field goal in overtime to give the Cougars a victory in LaVell Edwards’ final season as head coach.
    Virginia was founded by Thomas Jefferson in 1819. The Cavaliers began playing football in 1888 and are a member of the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC). Virginia has played in 18 bowl games and had 42 All-Americans.
    BYU was founded in 1875 and played its first season of intercollegiate football in 1922. The Cougars have appeared in 30 bowl games and garnered 71 All-Americans.
    BYU has been ranked in the Top 25 during seven of eight seasons under head coach Bronco Mendenhall. The Cougars have captured at least 10 wins in five of the past six seasons and are No. 12 nationally in total wins since 2005.

BYU Football 2012

Yikes on the road schedule...

Utah: 2013 Games with dates TBA
    * Non-conference games: Weber State, at BYU
    * Pac-12 home games: Arizona State, Colorado, Oregon State, UCLA, Washington
    * Pac-12 road games: Arizona, Oregon, Stanford, USC

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-13/m...l-schedule.php

Re: BYU Football 2012

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Yikes on the road schedule...

Utah: 2013 Games with dates TBA
    * Non-conference games: Weber State, at BYU
    * Pac-12 home games: Arizona State, Colorado, Oregon State, UCLA, Washington
    * Pac-12 road games: Arizona, Oregon, Stanford, USC
    Ahhh, but that means one hell of a home schedule the following year!!!!!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

A little tidbit from Cougar Tracks by Greg Wrubel

"With today's news, BYU now has future football games set up with:Notre Dame, Texas, Nebraska, Michigan, Wisconsin, W. Virginia, Virginia, Georgia Tech, Cincinnati, Boise State, Utah, Southern Miss, USU, Houston, Hawaii, Middle Tennessee St., East Carolina, and Central Florida."

It's brutal but fun to be independent with the variety.
    Life is Good

The video of the fight.... Whoever the guy that comes in at :33 of the first video to rear back, blindside hit a guy that isn't even looking at him, should be real proud of himself... What a punk.... For the record, I have no idea who each kid/player is....I am assuming that the instigators are the football players, the longsleeved gray shirt being Zac Stout and the cheap shot artist being Sampson....though that is 100% assumption.

BYU Football 2012

Man, that chick got DROPPED!

Mela in Cougartown!!!

College kids......
    Life is Good