Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Internet Service

I use http://www.veracitynetworks.com/ through the fiberoptic cable that runs through our neighborhood (Utopia ?)... I am happy with the service. Internet only $51 monthly

Added from the speed thread...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I would rank them in this order 1) Utopia 2) Comcast 3) CenturyLink (Qwest DSL).

I don't have Utopia or Comcast available to me in Sandy, so I am with CenturyLink. It was horrible for a couple of years when they only had 1.5 Mbps available.

Under a year ago they made 12 Mbs available. It has been much better. I pay $60 per month for their fastest available for me (20Mbs), but I only get about 12Mbs. Upload is a horrible 0.8Mbs and ping is around 55ms.

Also, they have cut off my service 2 or 3 times for a very small handful of illegal music downloads being reported to them. I never have, but some household members might have. Who knows. It is a pain when suddenly they shut off your service and you have to make calls to get back online, which can take hours.

I keep calling Comcast every 6 mos to run a line to my house (up the street has it and down the street has it, but not me and 2 or 3 neighbors). No luck.