Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: BYU Football 2010

Here's my prediction - BYU Football is heading for a very long spell as a bottom feeder.

Two of the main ingredients for being a good football team are Good Coaches and Good Players.... and BYU doesn't have the players in the system.

When a new coach takes over a program it takes him 4 years to get "his guys" completely into the system.... except with BYU it takes 6 years for a new coach to get "his guys" completely into the system because of missions. This is the first year that BYU is completely Bronco's recruits... and you could see this coming for the past two years.... their is no speed on the team. All the speed on the team for the past couple of years were Crowton's guys.... Crowton might not have been a good head coach but he knew about recruiting speed.

Bronco is a major character guy.... you know the deal... "character guy" is not the best athlete but he works harder then everyone else to earn a starting spot, has good values, gets good grades. Some football coaches call them overachievers. I'm a big believe in having a nice mix of "character guy" on any team, it makes the entire team work harder and bond. But the down side of having an entire team made up of "character guy" is that no matter how much you train or how hard you work.... you can not learn speed.

For the next few years BYU will beat up on what's left of the WAC, which isn't much when Utah State is starting to look like your new flagship.... and they will lose to good teams.... probably continue to earn a berth in the "No One Cares Bowl" with a record over 50% because of the crappy WAC teams they will be playing and because Bronco is a good coach (but poor recruiter).

I don't see this as a great time to be a BYU fan.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

BYU is a crappy team right now but they are MY crappy team. just so we are clear......

I don't know if I would go quite as far as you are suggesting Ice but I would not expect another 10 win season until Heaps is a junior. Just sayin' and seein' through my cougar goggles.
    Life is Good

You just keep drinking that blue kool-aid.

Name:  kool-aid-man-blue.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  3.2 KB

SDSU's bread and butter is their running game. BYU has been pathetic against the run and is allowing 259 yards rushing per game.

SDSU is averaging 39 points a game with BYU averaging 15.

If the kitties don't wake up tomorrow, it could get ugly. When your not sure if you can beat SDSU at home...well that's a sad state of affairs.

SDSU is favored by 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    You just keep drinking that blue kool-aid.

Name:  kool-aid-man-blue.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  3.2 KB
    Koolaid??? Come on. We are better than that. I believe the proper beverage here in Cougarville is BYU Sparkle aka BYU champagne as it is known on "the streets". Makes us feel a bit naughty just to say it -- BYU Champagne...
    Life is Good

THE BAD
    SDSU has a good team this year.

SDSU has had two weeks to prepare for the Cougars.

Rocky Long is SDSU's defensive coordinator and runs a 3-3-5 defense that he pioneered and this will be Jake's first time playing against the 3-3-5. Rocky will be throwing everything in the book at the young QB.

BYU's pass protection sucks.

BYU's receivers are slow and so far have something like 20 dropped passes this year. Talk about bricks for hands.

BYU's corners couldn't play press coverage against my grandmother, the base BYU defense is now 15-yard cushions.

THE GOOD
    The Cougars are at home, at altitude, where they usually play well.

I think I'll put my money on SDSU

Name:  problemLosing..jpg
Views: 223
Size:  95.0 KB

Ugly: ‎13 yards of total offense in the first half? Ouch.

Bright spot: The defense seems to be getting better.

Next game: BYU is averaging 14 and WYO 10. They should get the W, but I might rather wash my hair...

IMO, TCU is beatable at Rice Eccles...

Today's BYU question.... what would the Cougar's record be if they had of played Utah's schedule to date?

I'm guessing 4-2...... with losses to Pitt and Iowa State (BYU sucks on the road).

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Today's BYU question.... what would the Cougar's record be if they had of played Utah's schedule to date?

I'm guessing 4-2...... with losses to Pitt and Iowa State (BYU sucks on the road).
    I'd say 5-1.

They beat Wash on the road. IMO, a better team then Pitt.

Utah's Strength of Schedule is 110/120... where BYUs is 20. Should be interesting to see Utah play some real football teams in a few weeks.
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."
    -John Muir

I am not so sure. They have been averaging in the low teens all year. Utah has played some dogs, but BYU got pummeled by Utah State, Nevada and beat SDSU by 3 at home. This Wyoming game will be interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Rau_Dawg33 View Post

They beat Wash on the road. IMO, a better team then Pitt.
    The Washington game was in Provo...

Quote Originally Posted by Kent K25 View Post
    The Washington game was in Provo...
    ...oh yeah
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."
    -John Muir

Good News for BYU Football!!!

There is no way that the kitties can lose this weekend........

Dang it Ice. You just hexed the whole thing. By saying we can't lose someone will get probably get injured in practice tomorrow...... in other words, the way things are going this year they could lose even without playing.
    Life is Good

Wrubell tweets that Bronco wants to continue with "natural MWC rivalries"

Seriously..... the PR genius at BYU never stop.....

Now they want a MWC schedule that doesn't involve TCU or Boise.

How do they keep a straight face when they say this $#!+?

BYU vs. UNLV, both averaging around 2 touchdowns. Snore...

BYU vs. UTEP
    New Mexico Bowl

Is anyone excited about this game?

UTEP (6-6) has to be the worst bowl eligible team in the country.....

I am excited to watch another cougar football game. Based on how this season started and where they ended, I am pretty excited BYU is in a bowl, any bowl. This season could have easily ended in disaster but the cougs had a pretty good turnaround. I would say the cougars have a better chance to win than the Utes. As for the matchup, it is not a good game per se but what is really valuable is that Jake Heaps and other freshmen just had 3 extra weeks of practice. I must say I am excited for next year. I am really curious how Heaps sophomore year will go. I think the defense will be better and we get most players back on both sides of the ball.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    I must say I am excited for next year. I am really curious how Heaps sophomore year will go.
    Well I've got good news and bad news for ya....

The kitties will be 1-2 after the first three weeks.... week 4 is a toss up.... and then the kitties feast on cupcakes....

As for the extra 3 weeks of practice the bowl teams get.... that never seemed like a fair deal to me.... the good teams get 3 extra weeks of practice and the bottom feeders get to watch.... if the NCAA wants to even things up that should be reversed.

Just wondering what kinda zoo Bronco is running down at BYU.... I mean really.... the offensive coaches are all fired... well not really... just maybe... well some are and some aren't.... see ya, I'm off on vacation for two weeks.... we'll straighten this out when I get back...

You would think Bronco would have learned his lesson about this wishy-washy crap with the QB mess he had earlier this year....

My prediction is this will come around and bite BYU in the arse...