Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sister Wives

Quote Originally Posted by ibenick View Post
    I think it's cause he trades them out every 2 years for new ones. That just shows he's only in it for the
    There's a lease program?!?!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Well.... this guy used to be married to five women.... but the chick second from the right ate the fifth wife....

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    There's a lease program?!?!

One of the perks of being Hugh Hefner, I suppose - swapping out last year's model for an upgrade!

My personal opinion here, re the dude and his multiple wives - if they are all consenting adults, and entered into the plural marriage/relationship voluntarily and knowing what the deal is, who cares? Just like homosexual marriage, it doesn't have any impact or bearing on me, my life or how I view marriage or relationships [and I don't see how it could impact anyone else's lives outside of these people, either], so perhaps the cops should focus their energy on going after real criminals, like child molesters and meth cookers. Just a thought...

Iceaxe - are those the wives in that photo you posted? They sure look happy
    Sonya

Art & photography blog

Facebook Studio Page

"I lost my virginity, but I still have the box it came in"

a version of the LDS church based on the fundamental founding principles.

I wouldn't call polygamy a fundamental founding principle of the LDS church - it came along (as a revelation, I think) after the church was well under way.

FYI

Quote Originally Posted by hank moon View Post
    I wouldn't call polygamy a fundamental founding principle of the LDS church - it came along (as a revelation, I think) after the church was well under way.

FYI
    True. Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by hank moon View Post
    I wouldn't call polygamy a fundamental founding principle of the LDS church.
    Since the practice came directly from Joseph Smith, who was the founder of the religion.... I'd call it a founding principle.

I have no problem with what goes on betwwen constenting adults..... but I used to have a couple of plig's that worked for me.... and some of the shit that goes on is sick.... trading daughters when they reached the age of 12 to become your future wife, pulling the girls out of school at the jump from Jr HS to HS so they would be educated but not to a high degree, and then knocking the girls up when they turned 16 and basically trapping the young girls.... that was bad.... the poor girls, knew little of the real world, had only a basic education, and then a family to care for...

Then there is the abuse of the welfare system.... all the secondary wives and kids go on welfare and other public assistance... and this is considered rigthous because you are taking from the unworthy....

YMMV...

Caught like 10 minutes of an episode....Really surprised at how normal they are! Very likable family, the producer was right. I knew all polygamists were Warren Jeffs wannabe's but this family falls outside my stereotype...Speaking of stereotypes, some interesting bias and associations made on the LDS faith here. "These people" that were against gay marriage fill a lot of demographics. Some were climbers, canyoneers, hikers...I guess that means, all of us, must be bigots, homophobes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Since the practice came directly from Joseph Smith
    It actually came from the Old Testament

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    It actually came from the Old Testament
    OK.... I'll rephrase... polygamy was introduced into the LDS chruch and practiced by Joseph Smith from nearly the beginning.

The chruch was founded in 1830, the first Book of Mormom was published in 1830 and Joseph Smith stating that he received a revelation from God that Mormon men would be allowed to practice plural marriage on July 17, 1831.

So I watched some of this show, like 40 minutes of the first episode. First, they are SOOOOO mormons in every way except polygamy. I could barely keep my jaw off the floor the whole time. Train wreck in super slow motion... can't look away. I just can't believe this is happening right here in the SLC area, they even said they quit home schooling their kids recently and now they send them to a big school with nothing but polygamous kids. WTF?! I knew that stuff happened in Colorado City but I didn't believe it really happened here.

WTF?! I knew that stuff happened in Colorado City but I didn't believe it really happened here.
    Polygalypse Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Well.... this guy used to be married to five women.... but the chick second from the right ate the fifth wife....
    Did you see the interview when they talked with Robyn about coming in the family?
    The big gal rears her head over to look at Robyn and looks like she's about to devour her. I think she's a little threatened that there isn't going to be enough lovin' to go around.

It was actually suprisingly easy to find where they live. A record search and google maps did the trick. About 5 minutes from my home and I've driven passed there many times on the way to my sisters. whoduthunkit