Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Firework Etiquette

Well I do have a problem with confrontation. I'd call the cops IF IT PERSISTS. I can forgive one or two times, but when it's repeated it not my job to get them to comply with ordinances since the do lack common sense already.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sunday night we were over to a friends house and the neighbor invited us all over for the firework show he was about to put on. This was at 9:15, still pretty light outside but he didn't want to do it too late to be curteous. Well, about 9:30 some nut flies up in his truck and runs over the launching tubes and spent fireworks. Then procedes to scream at the 20 or so people that he's calling the cops because he so sick of us waking him up. Luckily the neighbor is one of the nicest people I've ever met and just apologized for waking him up and told him to have a nice night. The guy is extremely lucky he pulled this sh!t on a nice crowd. If any alcohol was involved, it could have made for one interesting night.
    I wish my lawn was EMO so it would cut itself.

Quote Originally Posted by KillEmAll
    Well, about 9:30 some nut flies up in his truck and runs over the launching tubes and spent fireworks. Then procedes to scream at the 20 or so people that he's calling the cops because he so sick of us waking him up.
    That's really insane.
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake

Well, about 9:30 some nut flies up in his truck and runs over the launching tubes and spent fireworks. Then procedes to scream at the 20 or so people that he's calling the cops because he so sick of us waking him up.
    Seriously.... I don't have this problem... my neighbors are all scared to death of me.

I'd have told him to go fawk himself in the ear with an icepick.

I think 10:00 is the average "quiet" time. 11:00 on weekends and holidays.

Sunday night we were over to a friends house and the neighbor invited us all over for the firework show he was about to put on....
    Not to be a killjoy, but technically, fireworks are only legal +/- 3 days of the 4th of July, 24th of July, New Year's Eve and Chinese New Year in Utah (minus city/county days, etc.), IIRC. Good thing nobody did call the cops. ;-)

I'd suggest to do nothing and accept that this one night you wont get the best night of your sleep.

If you have an issue after that knife his tires and you can call it even.

Is it possible that fireworks at 11:30 is his way of retaliating for something you did? If you are sure it isn't, ask him politely not to do it anymore. Retaliation is the wrong way to go, especially when dealing with an idiot.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Quote Originally Posted by Wasquatch
    Sunday night we were over to a friends house and the neighbor invited us all over for the firework show he was about to put on....
    Not to be a killjoy, but technically, fireworks are only legal +/- 3 days of the 4th of July, 24th of July, New Year's Eve and Chinese New Year in Utah (minus city/county days, etc.), IIRC. Good thing nobody did call the cops. ;-)

No sh!t, sherlock. We were fully aware they were illegal which is why he was so nice to the guy.
    I wish my lawn was EMO so it would cut itself.

We love fireworks...Ive had the cops called on me, lighting them in the neighborhood (my neighbors suck wind) just fountains and such - nothing major, except for the one mortar shell - no I dea who called, and it's illegal within city limits. Needless to day I dont do that anymore. We go out of town ...about 1/2 mile...and light em off before it gets really dark & then head for home to lay on the lawn & watch the city show. You can buy some really good crap here in wyo