Thread: Its been a minute!

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar

Its been a minute!

Its been a bit since I was last here. Nearly two years ago, we made a huge life change and moved away from SL County down to Garfield County. We now own a small ranch adjacent Bryce Canyon with spectacular views in every direction.

Starting last November, we took 1 acre of hay field and converted it to our own private RV park w/7 RV's that we bought last year. Our well was drilled down to 260', we have a 1500gal septic system and 400amps of dedicated power and 1gb Fiber Optic Internet terminated at our well house.

Also bought a restaurant in Panguitch (used to be called the Big Fish, now named Cedar Breaks Grill). BAD, BAD time to own a restaurant with soaring COGS prices and so many preferring not to return to work and opting instead to remain home and take from the government, but we're seeing steady business.

I've now had the opportunity to explore nearly every trail via Mountain Bike, Jeep(s) and ATV's.. This place is offroad mecca!
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Great to hear from you! I still check in now and then but haven't been really active in a while. Your life sounds like it is going great.

Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce View Post
    BAD time to own a restaurant
    That's probably true but if I remember correctly, you used to be an IT director. You picked a good time to get out of IT. I miss the days where IT was just supporting network. It is WAY more stressful now dealing with Cyber Security threats all day everyday. It sounds like you have picked a nice life out for yourself and I hope you love it!
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo View Post
    Great to hear from you! I still check in now and then but haven't been really active in a while. Your life sounds like it is going great.

That's probably true but if I remember correctly, you used to be an IT director. You picked a good time to get out of IT. I miss the days where IT was just supporting network. It is WAY more stressful now dealing with Cyber Security threats all day everyday. It sounds like you have picked a nice life out for yourself and I hope you love it!
    I still have a full time job as BSO at Mastercard. I'm still in the Information Security space. At the start of covid, we saw non-stop credential stuffing attacks and some state sponsored attacks which were super tough to defend against, but ultimately, we handled it.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Sounds like a good time to me. Good to see you back, it's been a while since I've been here too. Good luck with the restaurant. The world needs good local restaurants and diners in small towns. It would be a boring place without them.

I'm jealous.

I grew up in an urban setting but my job took me into a rural setting after I graduated college (Monticello, Moab, Cedar City). Sadly, my current job brought me back to the urban setting again, and we can't wait till we move back to the country again eventually.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    I'm jealous.

I grew up in an urban setting but my job took me into a rural setting after I graduated college (Monticello, Moab, Cedar City). Sadly, my current job brought me back to the urban setting again, and we can't wait till we move back to the country again eventually.
    I dont think I could leave the rural setting again. Living in the country and not by all the people is worth a lot of money