Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ukraine

So today I'm painting the living room of this gal I've worked for many times since the mid 90s...she's very liberal and got the feminist thing going on as well but we get along just fine. As I working she's in the kitchen keeping herself busy and has the TV on all day...MSNBC, of course. I learned a long time ago not to talk to her about politics of social issues and today was no exception but she asked what I think of this whole Ukraine mess. I told her "You really don't want to hear what I have to say, Agnes". And I meant that...otherwise she'd turn it into a shitty half hour debate. Been there, done that.

BTW...you know what the feminist types really need? To get laid. Not just your average, old fashioned get after it but a dominating, hands around the throat, backboard pounding grinder. It never ceases to amaze me how belligerent and nasty they can be until they get to know you and then they turn into flirty little kittens. Anyway, I digress...

So she says "If Trump were President he'd let Putin just walk right in there" After I stopped laughing I said "You mean like what's happening right now as we speak?"

She then went on a rant about how Biden is doing everything that can possibly be done and she thinks it's all the right moves...essentially parroting what's been injected into her brain by the TV.

I kept working and remembered the stand up comic from the 80s by the name of Yakov Smirnoff...a Russian guy who's schtick was to make fun of life under Soviet rule. One of his jokes was this...

"In Russia you have two TV stations, channel one and channel two. Channel one is the official KGB station and channel two tells you to go back to channel one".
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

If you have the time, watch this video. Although it's produced by Oliver Stone...who is a bit one sided and doesn't hit with hard questions...you still get quite an education on just who the players are and have been in that country. Get past the naked girl and fire intro and it really gets going. Essentially it's a civil war...and those waving the blue/orange or the black/red flags are being used as cannon fodder. There are no "good guys" in this whole stinking mess...kinda reminds me of Yugoslavia, except this one took a bit longer to fester and explode.

If you can't see this video...it's been blocked or otherwise taken down, it's called "Ukraine on Fire". It's worth a watch because it highlights all the scum involved in this mess...and yes that certainly includes the U.S. and Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    BTW...you know what the feminist types really need? To get laid. Not just your average, old fashioned get after it but a dominating, hands around the throat, backboard pounding grinder. It never ceases to amaze me how belligerent and nasty they can be until they get to know you and then they turn into flirty little kittens. Anyway, I digress...
    Byron, I knew we agreed on something. Although I believe every woman should get a first class rogering like this now and then.

Bars and restaurants are now requiring proof of Ukrainian support.
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    I'd walk in with this flag on a T-shirt and they'd let me right in...considering this bullshit fake news that it's A-OK. Nothing to see here, folks...red-black-flag-ukraine-rallies-1.6370202

Since the "Like this post" button doesn't work anymore consider this your "Like."
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Zelensky got a standing ovation in Congress yesterday, but just a couple year ago when he told them there was no quid por quo on call with Trump they didn't believe him, so they impeached Trump.

Amazing how things turnaround, huh?

Zelensky got a standing ovation in Congress yesterday, but just a couple year ago when he told them there was no quid por quo on call with Trump they didn't believe him, so they impeached Trump.

The lefts hatred of Trump had no bounds. Many innocent individuals were hurt and destroyed in the lefts war on Trump.

So in regards to the media, or the "information" we're being fed...I really don't believe a word of it. Supposedly, 7000 Russian soldiers have been killed, they're getting their asses kicked all over the place and Putin is staring down a coup? A majority of congressmen are calling for the United States to become directly involved militarily in this conflict...that means shooting down their planes, blowing up tanks. Maybe we're already doing that? Seems to me that we and the Europeans told Putin he could have it?

What a shit show. Two years ago they were so obsessed with getting rid of Trump that they decided to kick the snot out of everybody on the planet and look at what a mess they made. Remember Doug?...he told me they should all be lined up and shot and I agree with that wholeheartedly. The world is run by psychotics.

They give a standing ovation to a guy they threw under the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    that means shooting down their planes, blowing up tanks. Maybe we're already doing that? Seems to me that we and the Europeans told Putin he could have it?
    Yeah... kind of... sort of... the problem was no one checked with the Ukrainians and they had a completely different idea.

I have some friends in Ukrane and several in the military. The Russians severely underestimated Ukraine and are getting their ass handed to them, which has caused the US and NATO to rethink their previous position. This is why NATO is now furiously pumping military supplies into Ukraine, win or lose this war will set Russia back at least a dozen years, which is a win for NATO either way.

As for the US, we're a day late and a dollar short to the party, but the military hardware we are now dumping into Ukraine is a big help, but what the US is supplying that is making a huge difference is near real-time position and targeting information. Russia can't match that, which is why they are now turning to the scortch earth tactics.

I find the actual military tactics and strategies playing out extremely interesting to watch, I just ignore the political posturing and chest thumping. Watch what is actually happening, not what you are being told.

How did so many people who demanded we all stay home, mask up, shut down businesses, schools, and get vaxed all off a sudden advocate for nuclear war with Russia? Because that's what a no fly zone would mean.

Outside of Ukraine I haven't seen many advocating for a no fly zone.

With that bring said, we're already at war with Russia if we know it or not...

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post

we're already at war with Russia if we know it or not...

Well I don't think that's really a mystery to anyone. The questions is...are we going to go toe to toe with them? And if so, how far can it go?

It seems almost inconceivable that he'd unleash nukes under any conditions, even if he's backed into a corner. Which is exactly why I think he lashed out like he did...but nukes? Even tactical ones? I would say it's impossible...but then again just about every move I've considered to be insane in the last two years has come to fruition.

When I was a kid we used to have "rock fights"...we'd throw rocks as far as a ten year old could and use metal trash can lids as shields. Every now and then a kid wasn't paying enough attention and took one in the head. I remember one kid had to get stitches. As we got older, the field of battle moved closer and we graduated to BB guns.