Thread: Status of Board

Status of Board

Does anyone come here to post about outdoor activity any more? Seems like the board is simply a sounding board for political views.

2. Likes DiscGo liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

It certainly is different than it was years ago. This has been brought up before and while there's a number of guessed reasons...it's clear that a lot of people have just moved on.

To me, it's kinda like a campfire with a big crowd around it. As the night goes on, people slowly peel off until by 1am only a handful remain...sitting around talking, usually about one or two subjects in particular. I think with the crazy way the world has gone especially in the last 10 years, it's boiled down to this.

I'm on a Facebook page for Truck campers as I own one and there's lots of info to be gleamed...people stay away from politics because if anyone dives into it, even with innocent analogies or just skimming the surface, they are immediately attacked. This seems to be a reasonably safe place for like mined people in that regard and I'd say the handful of guys still around the campfire here aren't interested in dodging reality.

It's not ALL politics...we all still get around pretty well but without 50 people slapping up "look what I'm doing" all the time it doesn't look the same as it once did.

Plus...we're all getting older and no new young meat is coming in...they have other places to show themselves off.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

5. Likes xjblue, oldno7, devo_stevo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tcope View Post
    Does anyone come here to post about outdoor activity any more? Seems like the board is simply a sounding board for political views.
    How about you post some outdoor activities and let's see how it goes?

7. Likes xjblue, oldno7 liked this post
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Have you ever posted a trip report that got anything but positive replies here?

Are you aware of any "outdoors" type questions that have gone un answered on this board?

There is a huge wealth of outdoor knowledge remaining here,I'd say you would play hell posting a Utah area that someone here is not intimately familiar.

So what keeps you from posting?

I'll readily admit, those of us remaining here are completely wore out by the left and there misplaced/hypocritical idealism.

If you don't agree, feel free to defend the lefts positions here.(you will certainly get replies)

If you want more trip reports, post away, there will always be positive responses.

back in the old days when beech wasn't afraid to post here, he would likely tell you to post away and quityourbitchin'(but thats another matter entirely)

edit--I believe my last trip report was about Fall colors, what was yours?
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

re forums, yes, our Popup camper forum sensibly avoids politics and other hot button issues. We stick to campers and camping (and recipes) .

If we post up good outdoors red-rock hikes, we worry about the hike being over-run in a year or two. Its happened to outdoorsy hot springs.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    How about you post some outdoor activities and let's see how it goes?
    I miss Somebeech's Qanon manifestos.... just ain't the same ole place.

On the bright side for all you Trumpers, I can throw a rock in any direction and hit a different congressional district from my front porch.

Ruurrrl Utah, thanks for the food and cows though.

^^^^^???????^^^^^
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate View Post
    Ya'll Lazy Learners.
    And you're a dumbass... so what's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    And you're a dumbass... so what's your point?
    That is his point...I wonder if they have a name for what's wrong with him?

I reckon he's a bit bent because his hero shits his pants.

16. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Think this is Dirk....

18. Likes Byron, oldno7 liked this post
    By the direction of this thread... I guess the answer is no. Shame.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    By the evidence of your lack of participation in trip reports, your answer is clearly no. Shame

It's always easier for some to complain rather than contribute.

The website sits before you as a blank canvas, you stare at it and throw it away, would be much more difficult to participate than complain.(I see your point)

Theres providers and theres looters.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

With this I'll have to presume that you're quite unfamiliar with Mr. Hammergate...if you were you'd understand why that meme showed up in response to his...response.

Not diggin' the political stuff, huh? I get it...a lot of people don't want to talk about it...they want a nice, safe place to ignore the fact that they're getting screwed...hard and violent...straight up the rear end with no lube. We all are.

If this website is so objectionable then perhaps you should take your outdoor questions to a place known as Canyon Collective...as I believe politics/social issues are verboten there, generally speaking. However...every now and then you'll have to swallow a shot glass of liberal preaching...which may be fine if that's up your alley.

Not trying to give you a hard time, as you're more than welcome to post away here with anything you want...but if you stay around try to keep in mind that all those around here DO NOT exist strictly for YOUR entertainment as YOU see fit. Get educated about Mr. Hammergate while you're at it...you'll see he's very much an instigator of what you seem to dislike. It's one thing to make a point in opposition, but that guy doesn't make any points at all...it's actually quite entertaining in itself.

Maybe you should just lighten up?

And I see you contributed zero after being invited and encouraged to post a topic you would like to discuss...

....the fault is yours as there are few places with more combined outdoor knowledge of Utah than here. You're always welcome to start a thread....