Thread: esplanade water sources

esplanade water sources

years ago (and i'm not sure it was on this forum, but i think it was) someone posted a file of potholes on the esplanade between toroweep and kanab creek. does anyone remember who this was? i have tried searching for the post with no luck so far. i would likt find find the original poster if at all possible. thanks
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

might be handy if it ever rains :-)

On our 4-nite trip down to the Colorado, thru Tappeats, we carried a water stash down to the Esplanade, for the return trip. I love the GC, but the lack of potable water is maddening.

Quote Originally Posted by denaliguide View Post
    years ago (and i'm not sure it was on this forum, but i think it was) someone posted a file of potholes on the esplanade between toroweep and kanab creek. does anyone remember who this was? i have tried searching for the post with no luck so far. i would likt find find the original poster if at all possible. thanks

Would that list not be humongous - that's a big area to cover.

well i downloaded his file and used it successfully on several trips. and you are correct it is a huge area to cover. but i have since compiled a much larger database of potholes surveyed using both google earth and field observations. it's amazing the resolution that you get of that area from space. you can clearly see fields of potholes. now i realize that they may not have water in them but it at least gives you places to search without just going out blind. i now have 3 files of potholes in .gdb, .gpx, and .kml. one goes from toroweap to hack canyon, another from little spring down the east side of kanab creek, all the way around fishtail mesa to the trail from indian hollow, and one that covers the esplanade on the south side from havasu creek around big thumb mesa to fossil.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

6. Likes xjblue liked this post