Thread: Escaping Covid

Escaping Covid

So the hot young stripper wife and I took off for Mexico for 10 days before the new lock down rules for the USA go into effect tomorrow. It was glorious. The resorts on the Caribbean side are only running about 20% to 30% full as flights from Canada and Europe are under heavy restrictions. The locals were busting their ass to make our trip enjoyable and to earn a buck. Enjoy a few pictures of the trip...

2. Likes oldno7, rockgremlin, Byron liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Right on, man. You guys look great.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

5. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    I'm assuming this is Cancun?

Several years ago we stayed at a nice resort on the beach about 5 miles south of Cancun. Nice place but we had to fight off a relentless sales pitch to purchase time shares.

Aside from that, we'd love to go again. Where do you recommend?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

It's Akumal, which is about 90 minutes south of Cancun. And the reason we go there is because it's not nearly as "touristy", and a lot more laid back than Cancun. Best of all the sales pitch as you try to walk down the street is nearly none existent.

If you really plan to go talk with me as I can give you some great recommendations at modest prices.

Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya is our current favorite Riviera Maya resort for a multitude of reasons. Probably the number one reason being they have the best snorkeling of any resort right off their beach. Depending on when you go I can tell you how to book it at half price, pay nothing out of pocket until you arrive, and no sales pitch :-)

Which resort you visit has a lot to do with what you like to do, are you taking the kids, ect...

Right now you can book a week for two at an all inclusive Riviera Maya resort for about $2000 all in (airfare included).

8. Likes Byron, devo_stevo, rockgremlin, oldno7 liked this post
    FWIW - I did see a couple of Mexicans wearing t-shirts that said... "You're now on the fun side of the wall!"

I laughed my ass off... YMMV

10. Likes erial liked this post
    Heading back down to Mexico again next month before the area is again overrun with tourists...

https://youtu.be/aV51Pkb_zgU

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Heading back down to Mexico again next month before the area is again overrun with tourists...

https://youtu.be/aV51Pkb_zgU

The wife and I are looking into going down that way for our anniversary, but I'm balking because I don't want to run into Covid issues returning to the USA.

Ya'll go to pretty much the same place every year, right?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I wouldn't worry about Covid testing, just book a resort that does on-site testing. It's really a joke because the airline never asks to see the test, you just sign a paper saying you have a recent Covid test.

If you plan to go hit me up and I can give you some recommendations on fun things to do and how to save money.

FWIW: Sometimes I just book an entire package through Fun Jet Vacations.

https://www.funjet.com/

You need to book a flight, a resort and transfers (shuttle to and from airport). And that's all you really need.

Meh... I feel safer on the Riveria Maya than I do in many large cities in the US. At least the homeless are not shitting in the street and shooting up meth in the open like many liberal shit holes in the US.

I'll be going back to Akumal for 2 weeks in January.

Heading back to Mexico in January... I can't wait to get out of the cold weather.

Name:  20210523_153109.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  93.8 KB

Mexico is a wonderful place to be in the winter. I was there a year ago and Covid was a thing only in the Hotel, and just barely even there. Anywhere else, no one cared at all. You get to escape both the cold and Covid craze!
    Life is Good

18. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    Heading back to Mexico in January... I can't wait to get out of the cold weather.

Name:  20210523_153109.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  93.8 KB

Covid notwithstanding, it's a good thing that the diets are not working either

Quote Originally Posted by Rob L View Post
    Covid notwithstanding, it's a good thing that the diets are not working either
    Dude!!! I'm 62 years old... when you're 62 you don't get to be really picky anymore... I'm just thrilled that I can still get young women in thongs to party with me.

Dude!!! I'm 62 years old... when you're 62 you don't get to be really picky anymore... I'm just thrilled that I can still get young women in thongs to party with me.
    I hear ya...but man, that's a whole lotta meat. Subtract yourself from the equation and I'd bet you're looking at a thousand pounds of bone crushin' lovin' right there.

Back in the mid eighties, I had a bumper sticker on my truck that said "Save the whales, harpoon a fat chick".

I will admit though...although I've never had one quite so "robust" as your party hounds, fat chicks can be a lot of fun. Uninhibited...you can crawl all over 'em. The one just to your left is workable...but the others I think I'd have to have a really good buzz on.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

Good for you, Shane...I'm 4 years younger than you (and you're probably a lot fitter than me, from my recollection of my Canyoneering trips to Utah ten or so years ago ). I can't recall the last time someone called me "Dude" ...probably never.

Take care, and all the best for 2022.
    Rob