Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tech Tyrants

Tech Tyrants

It’s not enough to silence your ideological opponents on your own ‘open’ platforms. Now they want to ban other platforms.

It’s almost like we’re leaving the fiction of 1984 in the dust.

Name:  FAFE16E8-6EC1-457A-B2EE-F9B02CFE6D2F.jpg
Views: 1577
Size:  18.2 KB
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

2. Likes BruteForce liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I wonder what would happen if we simply stopped "paying attention" to them? To me, all of this is like two sides of a coin...one is ugly and the other is a whole lot uglier. One we can "do something" about really easy, the other not so much.

So when I go to Hawaii I spend the whole time (up to 8 weeks) essentially living like a nomad. I may never stay in a hotel room as I just pitch a tent at or near the beach. I keep some food in the car but mostly hit grocery stores, ready made stuff, local eateries. I'm on my feet from sunrise to sunset. I have my cell phone but only turn it on once or twice a day to see if anyone is looking for me and I'll (sometimes) take a gander at the homepage to make sure WWlll isn't about to get started. I don't "miss" being "out of the loop" whatsoever. It doesn't make a damn bit of difference really. I don't have cable TV here at my house either...I suggest to all that you ditch it as there's nothing decent to watch anyway and the "news" is just a bunch of script written propaganda. You can get the weather forecast off the internet or hit the headline section of your local news radio station to see if anything important is happening around town.

I don't do Twitter at all and although I pop into Facebook every now and then to see what the kids of my distant family members are doing, I do it thru my mother's tribute page that my brother created and I can access...I'm right on the verge of deleting that account and as the oldest I'll claim the right should anyone get upset. So the point I'm making is these "Tech Tyrants" as they are have no clothes...know what I mean? If most people would ignore them, then they'd essentially become meaningless. It seems to me that at some point the sheer nonsense they spew along with the censorship is bound to have a severe negative effect for them...these platforms and what they're doing is relatively new, so maybe they've got a bitch slap coming down the pike?

Well, that's one side of the coin...the other is the complete takeover of the government and there doesn't appear to be a damn thing we can do about that. Although they can "extinguish" any opposition they choose, you have to remember that revolutions of the past had nothing to do with social media, it was word of mouth and the attitudes that go along with it.

With that said, I fully understand that there are plenty of people who are addicted to it and follow it's instructions like robots...but IMO those people are miserable and foolish, and I'll never buy into the notion that most of the people are locked in and just going along with that program. In other words...ditch these assholes and the problem (to a degree) goes away.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

5. Likes oldno7, BruteForce liked this post
    Not only has Apple and Google removed Parler from their app stores, Amazon web services has threatened to remove the app from their servers as well. Amazing how scared these companies are of people gathering together and expressing their rights and ideas. You’d think in the information age, companies would invite and embrace the digital public square.

The irony is not lost on a company that started out as a book dealer is not committing digital virtual book burning by banning an open forum platform from its servers because it doesn’t silence speech enough.

Name:  41509FC8-687D-4DA5-9C4D-055BF643E936.jpg
Views: 1324
Size:  28.8 KB

Was working today and listened to the radio. A couple of good programs on Saturdays...Leo the Tech guy and Handle on the Law...funny and informative. Every 20 minutes though, they have an ABC "news" update.

The liberals are out for blood. Republicans are being shamed and brow beaten into submission, they want Trump extinguished...I think they'd kill him if they could get away with it. The "attack" on the Capitol is being reported as an assault on our government...an act of sedition and treason that must be punished. They're desperate to find anyone that entered that building and destroy them. One Republican congressman was forced to resign simply because he had his fist in the air. They're declaring that any lawmaker that doesn't denounce Trump or the event is guilty of sedition...all of this in just one two minute newscast. Trump has been banned from Facebook, and I'll be deleting my mother's tribute page as a result...no more Facebook for me. Also, I'll never buy an Apple product again.

Despite not having an account there, to pretend they’re one of the big boys, Trump has now been banned on Pinterest.

https://uproxx.com/viral/pinterest-t...ter-reactions/

10. Likes oldno7 liked this post

^^^

Name:  5262D0E0-0549-4371-80EC-C0DDEA45711F.jpg
Views: 1292
Size:  29.9 KB

14. Likes oldno7, rockgremlin, Byron liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Will it never end

Grindr?...is he looking for meat?

Name:  FD2A2BF8-0A9F-410C-A429-4475D938A89A.jpg
Views: 1319
Size:  32.4 KB

17. Likes oldno7, Byron liked this post
    Darkest times in the country's history would be a list like this:

Start of the Civil War in 1861.
    Start of WW2 in 1941.
    Start of WW1 in 1917.

Mass death ensued.

Here we sit at a very dark time, where both governmental control and corporate control are in the hands of the same people. Where to turn, where does it lead?

19. Likes oldno7, BruteForce liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by dougrz View Post

Start of WW2 in 1941.
    Start of WW1 in 1917.

Mass death ensued.

Here we sit at a very dark time, where both governmental control and corporate control are in the hands of the same people. Where to turn, where does it lead?
    I was kinda thinking about this today. I was born in 1963 and there have been three very profound events in my lifetime. And when I say "profound" I mean...do you remember the scene in the movie "The Matrix" with the cat? The deja vu thing?...it indicated that something had changed...that you need to be on alert.

The first was 911, of course. The second was the first three months of 2009, right after the mortgage collapse...it seemed like everyone froze in place during that time, not knowing what was going to happen. For the first time in my life, I had zero work during that time.

The third is this election. I noticed that kind of weird vibe right after it happened...like people didn't know what to do, just kinda waiting to see what would happen.

So that's probably what is most discerning about all this...the "normal flow" is disrupted, and no one knows what to do about it but wait and see. It's times like this that anything can happen. I think the worst people in the world take advantage of such things...that's when they show up and fill the void.

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    My Facebook account gets shutdown tomorrow. Join me on MEWE: https://mewe.com/i/jamesking19
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dougrz View Post

Start of WW2 in 1941.
    Start of WW1 in 1917.

Mass death ensued.

Check your local sporting goods store for availability of 7.62, 5.56 or any semi-auto rifle capable of more than 10+ rounds. Now, check the availability of ANY ammo. Smell that? I do..
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

23. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    The Dems are losing their minds NOT knowing what Trump is thinking, not getting their daily dose of his tweets. 🤣🤣🤣

Name:  1E01EA68-45E7-484B-8E9D-E067CE774582.jpg
Views: 1273
Size:  33.0 KB

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I believe the Donald is safely in Europe.

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

14th/section 3

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    I believe the Donald is safely in Europe.
    I suppose there is a chance he goes into exile permanently. Though even that wouldn't seem to do any good, as extradition is by treaty with most countries.

He'd have to go to a backwater place, and then it becomes a matter of security. He'd obviously lose lifetime Secret Service protection if he tried it as a means of escaping the law, and might by a change in the law even if he did it only for personal reasons.

Donald Trump is safe, and he will continue to be our President for another 4 years.

Jack Dorsey will lose Twitter soon.

Public social media service is ready, but not unveiled yet. We all had to be shown what these people do. We can be told they would act like dictators, but it's not as effective as being shown.

We just need to see a tiny bit more, but things are about to get better, a lot better. Just hold on a few more days.

28. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Donald Trump is safe, and he will continue to be our President for another 4 years.

Jack Dorsey will lose Twitter soon.

Public social media service is ready, but not unveiled yet. We all had to be shown what these people do. We can be told they would act like dictators, but it's not as effective as being shown.

We just need to see a tiny bit more, but things are about to get better, a lot better. Just hold on a few more days.
    Wanna bet?
    Thanos was right