Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: I've decide I'm going to take the Covid vaccine.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Name:  4C93325B-EA40-4569-B5CC-C53D44D31EB2.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  30.1 KB
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

'Trust the science'.

I would honestly love to here Dr Fauxi and Biden back up their vax mandates even on the face of this.

Name:  0AD38AB2-C7F2-47E8-82B4-03C2A81B253A.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  28.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    'Trust the science'.

I would honestly love to here Dr Fauxi and Biden back up their vax mandates even on the face of this.

It's OK...if you get the shot and catch the cooties afterwards you'll only suffer a runny nose. Otherwise your lungs will fill with a cement like fluid, your kidneys will fail and your heart will explode in your chest.

Fear is a commodity and there's lots of buyers.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    'Trust the science'.

If you researched (any) vaccination a little, you'd find the clear answer. Let's start with the situation mentioned. Here is the info:

Princess Cruises said in a statement that “during the cruise we identified some positive COVID-19 cases amongst our guests and crew members” aboard the Ruby Princess ship, though all had been vaccinated.
    “They were all asymptomatic or only mildly symptomatic and were isolated and quarantined while monitored and cared for by our shipboard medical team,” the cruise line’s statement said.
    So, _some_ positive cases and all were mild cases. IN a prior cruise shop outbreak where people had not been vaccination, 2 people died.
    Now to your question as to what the CDC says about the vaccine in this situation:

(keep in mind, this took me about 10 seconds to find... and should also be common knowledge by know)

"Getting vaccinated against COVID-19 can lower your risk of getting and spreading the virus that causes COVID-19. Vaccines can also help prevent serious illness and death."

The statements go on and on... vaccines are not an automatic prevention of any virus (never have been). As mentioned above, they _LOWER YOUR RISK_ and HELP prevent illness and death. So you have your answer and it all makes sense. At one time, 80% of all people admitted to hospitals for Covid were unvaccinated. You do the math.

Really the answer is quite simple and easy to understand. The vaccination has been shown to lower your risk to getting Covid, lower your ability to spread it and lower your risk to illness and death. This is how vaccines have always worked.

Quote Originally Posted by tcope View Post
    If you researched (any) vaccination a little, you'd find the clear answer. Let's start with the situation mentioned. Here is the info:

Princess Cruises said in a statement that “during the cruise we identified some positive COVID-19 cases amongst our guests and crew members” aboard the Ruby Princess ship, though all had been vaccinated.
    “They were all asymptomatic or only mildly symptomatic and were isolated and quarantined while monitored and cared for by our shipboard medical team,” the cruise line’s statement said.
    So, _some_ positive cases and all were mild cases. IN a prior cruise shop outbreak where people had not been vaccination, 2 people died.
    Now to your question as to what the CDC says about the vaccine in this situation:

(keep in mind, this took me about 10 seconds to find... and should also be common knowledge by know)

"Getting vaccinated against COVID-19 can lower your risk of getting and spreading the virus that causes COVID-19. Vaccines can also help prevent serious illness and death."

The statements go on and on... vaccines are not an automatic prevention of any virus (never have been). As mentioned above, they _LOWER YOUR RISK_ and HELP prevent illness and death. So you have your answer and it all makes sense. At one time, 80% of all people admitted to hospitals for Covid were unvaccinated. You do the math.

Really the answer is quite simple and easy to understand. The vaccination has been shown to lower your risk to getting Covid, lower your ability to spread it and lower your risk to illness and death. This is how vaccines have always worked.
    I think I'll chime in on this...

The difference between someone like you and someone like me (along with Basincruiser, although I can't speak for him) is that YOU believe what you're being told...we don't.

So it's all a matter of faith...kinda like religion. You're a believer, I'm not.

For you it only takes a matter of seconds to reaffirm your faith with articles on the internet...and I would say it only takes that long to repack your head full of bullshit and lies, half-truths and propaganda.

Nothing personal...you can worship at any alter you wish as far as I'm concerned. Hopefully you would extend the same courtesy to me...but it certainly seems like that kind of thing is in short supply these days...courtesy of those that tell you what to think. Does that make sense?...probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    The difference between someone like you and someone like me (along with Basincruiser, although I can't speak for him) is that YOU believe what you're being told...we don't.
    No... the difference is some of us have done actual research and have actual experience and you don’t. The majority of my family works in Healthcare and every single one of them will echo what tcope posted.

The big question is not if the vaccine is effective, that has now been proven beyond doubt. It's not 100%, it has about the same results as the flu vaccine.

If you want to march to the anti Vax drummer the correct questions to be asking are "what are the long term effects" and "what are the unknown side effects". At least do enough research to understand exactly what you're protesting against otherwise you just sound like a religious zealot.

[QUOTE=Iceaxe;641134

If you want to march to the anti Vax drummer the correct questions to be asking are "what are the long term effects" and "what are the unknown side effects". At least do enough research to understand exactly what you're protesting against otherwise you just sound like a religious zealot.[/QUOTE].

Those questions don't interest me...I have no association with them whatsoever.

I didn't get the shot and I won't get the shot. I haven't been sick with even a moderate case of sniffles in at least 5 years. Never wore a mask, didn't "sanitize" a damn thing. Didn't wash my hands after walking out of Home Depot or the grocery store...just went on like normal in far from normal world.

Don't know anyone that died or suffered greatly from Covid...heard a lot of people talking, though. Lots of talk, lots of fear.

Religion? Yeah, sure...I'm a firm believer in what I see and experience personally...not so much with the real or perceived paranoias of those around me.

You'd say I'm ignorant? Well I think you're a fool...so I reckon that makes us even. With all due respect, of course.

I think I'll chime in on this...

So it's all a matter of faith...kinda like religion. You're a believer, I'm not.

For you it only takes a matter of seconds to reaffirm your faith with articles on the internet...and I would say it only takes that long to repack your head full of bullshit and lies, half-truths and propaganda.

Nothing personal...you can worship at any alter you wish as far as I'm concerned. Hopefully you would extend the same courtesy to me...but it certainly seems like that kind of thing is in short supply these days...courtesy of those that tell you what to think. Does that make sense?...probably not.
    So when you go into the doctors office and he/she tells you what is wrong... you simply don't believe the doctor? Or perhaps you have your entire life and you are finding it easy to jump on the conspiracy train that is going around. As mentioned by Iceaxe, people should at least do the research. You will find as I mentioned... that there are _reasonable_ answers to the questions you have.

If you don't want to take the Covid vaccine for whatever reason, I don't have an issue with that. You wanted an answer as to how someone could be infected even after they took the vaccine, I provided that answer. The same answer has been true of _every_ vaccine for decades. It has even been true for centuries going back to inoculations. Again, I don't see that I was ever critical of you taking or not taking the vaccine, I _was_ critical of a question that had a very easy answer being proposed as the opposite of what it actually was.

In your wording (CDC and Biden)... I doubt this has little to do with faith. Faith would also include believing on what you are being told by people who know. It is a simply decision. One you are entitled to.

I didn't get the shot and I won't get the shot. I haven't been sick with even a moderate case of sniffles in at least 5 years. Never wore a mask, didn't "sanitize" a damn thing. Didn't wash my hands after walking out of Home Depot or the grocery store...just went on like normal in far from normal world.
    That is like justifying not wearing a seatbelt because you'd never been in a car accident. What you are actually stating is that _not_ taking precautions has actually put you at less risk. You may not want to agree with that but that is actually what your statement would mean. If you are young and healthy you may very well not get very sick or die from Covid. However, this has nothing to do with the people you may very well spread it to. Perhaps they will be young and healthy as well. But those people who have been sick and died from Covid... they caught it from someone else. You posted about the cruise ship. In my reply I'm pretty sure I mentioned that none of the people vaccinated on the ship died or were hospitalized. Sounds like a great endorsment for being vaccinated. Do you think they got Covid from the vaccine?

I don't see this as having anything to do with religion but if you think it does, what does your church say about getting the vaccine?

You are truly lucky (I say blessed) Byron if you haven't got it or even know anyone that has suffered or died from the virus.

My neighbor laughed at people (sheep) that got vaxed and called the virus a conspiracy. He is about 35, very good health, non smoker and installs basketball courts in rich peoples basements for a living. His whole family contracted the virus last fall and as everyone started to feel better. At about day 6, he started to get worse. At day 8 he decided to go to the hospital because he couldn't breath. He spent 4 or 5 days there before he was able to come home. He spent the next 6 weeks recovering before he was able to return to a part time work schedule.

Similar thing with Troy, my co-worker (hasn't smoked for 15 years, ok health). He wasn't anti-vax, but he just kept putting it off and didn't get serious about it and never got it. Last summer, his wife (who's 57ish and smokes like a chimney) caught the virus and Troy was taking care of here. At day 4 of her sickness, Troy started to get sick. After day 6 his wife started to feel better, but Troy continued to get worse. He ended up in the hospital for 5 or 6 days and we were seriously considering the realness of him dying. He was out of work for almost 3 months and when he did come back he spent the next 2 months on a portable oxygen machine. After almost 9 months he is now somewhat getting back to normal.

I have another neighbor about my age (55), good health, coached my son in baseball team a few years ago. By the time he finally went to the hospital, it was too late. He died. Left behind a wife and 4 kids.

I know many others that have struggled serious health and financial issues because of Covid.

I totally respect your opinion, but "I believe!" the vaccine is a Godsend.

Quote Originally Posted by tcope View Post
    That is like justifying not wearing a seatbelt because you'd never been in a car accident. What you are actually stating is that _not_ taking precautions has actually put you at less risk.

I don't see this as having anything to do with religion but if you think it does, what does your church say about getting the vaccine?
    First with the seatbelt thing...I never bothered wearing one until the late 90s...when I bought my first vehicle that screamed a chime at me until I did. I fasten the seatbelt in every car I drive primarily because it seems second nature now and also because I don't want to listen to that chime going off. "Less at risk" in my mind if I don't wear it?...I certainly wouldn't agree with that but I don't concern myself with flying out the windshield of my car. If I got into a vehicle that didn't have a seatbelt or a chime I wouldn't be too concerned about it although some people may refuse to get into the car...I'm not one of those. I fasten my seatbelt because I'm FORCED to, not because I'm afraid of what may happen to me if I don't.

Now the religion part. I don't go to church...I'm not buying what they're selling. I don't believe it, but they sure do. Some of them will preach to me all day long and they may as well be talking to a wall...they're right, I'm wrong...period. I'm not anti Christian, but the annoying part is the self righteousness...they'll walk away from me shaking their heads because I won't "get on board". I regard those the promote the "shot" as religious zealots, which harkens to something I learned a long time ago...

If you go thru life expecting others to do what YOU would do, you're going to be sorely disappointed.

The problem in my mind has been those who have insisted this vaccine is essential for the last two years...people who don't comply are ridiculed, losing their jobs, threatened and humiliated, losing friends and family (something I've endured), shamed and ostracized. You may say "Listen to the message, not the messenger" but the people you stand lock step with are, in my mind, complete scum and I won't be buying what they're selling. That's not too hard to understand now, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandstone Addiction View Post
    You are truly lucky (I say blessed) Byron if you haven't got it or even know anyone that has suffered or died from the virus.

I know many others that have struggled serious health and financial issues because of Covid.

I totally respect your opinion, but "I believe!" the vaccine is a Godsend.
    And for me it's all good...as long as you don't freak out if we get within 10 feet of each other, right?

Because of your experiences with this you have a reason to be a bit fearful, but I don't. And I guess my point is that the "procedures" for handing this are just ridiculous...the coercion for compliance, the "vaccinated" cruise ships with the false notion that everyone is "safe"...so much of it is open to ridicule and defiance.

Your friends suffered greatly from this, but it hasn't gone anywhere. Millions upon millions are unvaccinated...where is the death and destruction? Why aren't we still locked down? Why are the mandates being lifted? Why aren't there jackbooted thugs smashing in doors and dragging the "anti-vaxxers" kicking and screaming to get the shot? Are the hospitals filled with dead and dying?...I don't know the answers to these questions, but I certainly don't trust anyone who says they do.

Nothing will turn a person away faster than being told "You're gonna get yours!". I know you're not saying that, but a lot of people do. In my case, friends that I had for years...and they expect me to sit down and take the shot to make them happy? Wrong.

Name:  A9FBC410-5D83-4125-A72B-D283CED3617E.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  26.6 KB