Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: I've decide I'm going to take the Covid vaccine.

‘Too many o’ you damn white folk getting that vaccine. Sabe sum fo’ west ub us opwessed pepos ub colow . ‘

Name:  E55D48FA-BCA2-41CB-89A2-4F6A8AFCC9CC.jpg
Views: 741
Size:  32.1 KB

http://rumble.com/vebop9-reporter-as...te-people.html
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

2. Likes rockgremlin, oldno7 liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Things that make you go hmmmm .

Name:  477FEAF9-DE16-446A-BAF2-33A235FE50B4.jpg
Views: 762
Size:  29.9 KB

I got my first Moderna shot yesterday. My arm bled quite a bit when she pulled the needle out, so not sure if any of the vaccine actually got into my blood stream.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandstone Addiction View Post
    I got my first Moderna shot yesterday. My arm bled quite a bit when she pulled the needle out, so not sure if any of the vaccine actually got into my blood stream.
    Yikes! Hardly seems worth it, huh? You're decision to get the shot is yours alone and none of my damn business...but there's no way in hell I'm going to let them inject me. If I get sick I'll fight it off.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

7. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Yikes! Hardly seems worth it, huh? You're decision to get the shot is yours alone and none of my damn business...but there's no way in hell I'm going to let them inject me. If I get sick I'll fight it off.
    I don't have the best luck when it comes to viruses. I got the seasonal flu in the middle of the 2002 games when I was supposed to be sitting on the course during during the men's downhill. Really sucked.

I also got mono when I was 35, very few people get it after 35 and it hit me like a ton of bricks. It was really bad. Affected my liver, pretty scary for me.

So when I started hearing about the hospital stays or near death experiences of people I either know or friends and family members of people I know, I figured I don't want to push my luck. It was a pretty good wake up call for me when Scott P shared his experience with the Covid.

Too selective, too unpredictable for me. I get a flu shot every year, so really not a big deal for me. I just hope I actually got some of the vaccine in me, but I will call the hotline on Monday and ask the professionals.

Well you'll get no grief from me. Although there's a few memes around here ridiculing it, I don't hold it against anyone who feels it's necessary. But I've never bothered with a flu shot and I very rarely get sick...not only that, I'm stupid crazy healthy. So I feel quite confident in taking my chances.

The big rub on this, personally...is that I don't feel that the government or anyone should "force" another to get it. No one is going to kick in my door and hold me down, but there's a lot of talk about "punishing" those that refuse to take the shot...I reckon you know what I mean.

I've got a bunch of friends I gather with in May for a week of camping out and mountain biking near Moab. Like a big party...there could be 40-70 of us. The two guys that run the show, Rick and Josh, have to decide what the parameters will be in regards to the gathering...it was cancelled last year and everyone is chomping at the bit for that not to happen again this year.

Anyway...Josh sent out an email saying that they will "evaluate" what kind of precautions (if any) will be necessary. Perhaps proof of vaccination or a "recent" negative test. I emailed him back and told him that's nonsense...as anyone in the group can show up with the virus or pick it up in town, bring it back to camp and spew it all over the place. I told him we have to stop living in fear and I would advocate ZERO restrictions and let people decide for themselves if they want to attend or not. Josh is pretty open minded, but Rick is a different story...we'll see what the final call is.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Well you'll get no grief from me. Although there's a few memes around here ridiculing it, I don't hold it against anyone who feels it's necessary. But I've never bothered with a flu shot and I very rarely get sick...not only that, I'm stupid crazy healthy. So I feel quite confident in taking my chances.

The big rub on this, personally...is that I don't feel that the government or anyone should "force" another to get it. No one is going to kick in my door and hold me down, but there's a lot of talk about "punishing" those that refuse to take the shot...I reckon you know what I mean.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I get sick maybe once a year. I'm willing to roll the dice on Covid since my immune system has always been a steel fortress.

That said, I'm sick of the non-vaccine shaming. I don't think Covid is a hoax, I just don't feel the need to jump on the bandwagon when I don't feel I personally need it. If you're so worried about your grandma why don't you take her to get vaccinated, and leave me out of it.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

11. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    I am going to print all of these posts out so I can read them at your funerals.

Kidding of course. I'll get it when I get the chance, but I agree with the rest here that it is an individual choice and the government shouldn't be forcing it either way. My kids are fully up to date on their vax's and always have been, but I sure as hell won't be getting them any of these for few years at least.
    Thanos was right

13. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    Got my first vaccine dose today... if I die you are welcome to say "I told you so".

15. Likes double moo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Got my first vaccine dose today... if I die you are welcome to say "I told you so".

....the f*k?

They got to you too? Geez, first we lose Sombeech and now Ice is gone.

Which vax did you get?
    Last edited by rockgremlin; 03-16-2021 at 07:11 AM.

17. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    I got the Pfizer vaccine because I know their medicine can stand up to anything... LMAO...

19. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    Got my second Pfizer shot last week, but I'm still in no hurry to schedule the colonoscopy test that the gastro folks have been bugging me about.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I got the Pfizer vaccine because I know their medicine can stand up to anything... LMAO...
    Takes an experimental vaccine just to make a boner joke. You can take your place as a big fish in this small pond. LOL

22. Likes rockgremlin, Iceaxe liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by erial View Post
    Got my second Pfizer shot last week, but I'm still in no hurry to schedule the colonoscopy test that the gastro folks have been bugging me about.
    My favorite thing about a colonoscopy....

Nothing. Well, maybe the propofol. I can see why Mike Jackson liked it.

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    I'm still on the fence about it all. Information seems to change daily. I keep wondering if this is nothing but a giant experimental exercise for big pharma and a year from now, people will have an additional appendage growing from their forehead - or something along those lines. I had Covid last summer and have been told that I only need to get one dose of vaccine (if I get it) no matter the manufacturer. Other sources say no, I need both. My thought is that eventually we will all have to show "proof" of getting the vaccine for travel purposes, etc. Decisions......
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

I expect international travel to be the first domino to fall with regards to Covid Vaccination.

Currently you must have a negative Covid test within 72 hours of entering the US and many other countries. I expect this requirement will soon be dropped for those who present a current Vaccination card.

Quote Originally Posted by savanna3313 View Post
    I'm still on the fence about it all. Information seems to change daily. I keep wondering if this is nothing but a giant experimental exercise for big pharma and a year from now, people will have an additional appendage growing from their forehead - or something along those lines. I had Covid last summer and have been told that I only need to get one dose of vaccine (if I get it) no matter the manufacturer. Other sources say no, I need both. My thought is that eventually we will all have to show "proof" of getting the vaccine for travel purposes, etc. Decisions......

If you already have natural COVID antibodies in your system there is no reason you should get vaccinated. That's like getting the measles vaccination after getting the measles. Ridiculous.

The obvious exception is the scenario that Ice proposes - that we'll all need vax proof to travel. It's asinine but....considering the state of the world today I would not be surprised at all to see that unfold.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    If you already have natural COVID antibodies in your system there is no reason you should get vaccinated. That's like getting the measles vaccination after getting the measles. Ridiculous.
    That's not currently conventional medical wisdow. It's suggested you get the shot even if you have had Covid. It's currently unknown how long you are protected after having had Covid.

The exception to this is if you were treated for COVID-19 with monoclonal antibodies or convalescent plasma, you should wait 90 days before being vaccinated.

On a similar note It's also unknown how long the vaccine will protect you.

FWIW - My wife had Covid in November and got her first shot today.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    The obvious exception is the scenario that Ice proposes - that we'll all need vax proof to travel.

I also would not be surprised if Vax Cards were required to attend large sporting events. Particularly College events like football as university campuses are the woke power source, with the PAC 12 leading the woke parade.

29. Likes double moo, BruteForce, rockgremlin liked this post
    So, when you get fully vaccinated, how do you get such card certifying your cleanliness to get into sporting events and travel internationally? How solid is the security and validation of that certification? And, WHEN a new variant of the virus emerges with another vaccination requirement, how is that certification and requirements brought up to date?