Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying an AR-15 - what functions do you look for?

Quote Originally Posted by rich67 View Post
    For home defense any rifle will work well,
    For home defense you want a shotgun.

If I want to do some serious damage I'm going with a high powered centerline rife with good optics that can reach out and touch someone. The most feared soldier on a battle field is a sniper.

The guys running through the streets with an AR is what is known in military terms as cannon fodder.

YMMV

Climb-Utah.com

2. Likes Byron liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

Quote Originally Posted by dougrz View Post
    Not overpriced imo. If ARs go NFA at the stroke of an ATF pen, supply goes to zero with no warning. That can happen with no Congressional action and no public awareness of a decision drop.

Cheapest route is a quality upper, like a PSA, and an 80 lower.
    Given the new reality, no price is the ceiling now. We will see buying like never before.

Even without a sweep, I'm reading the Biden DOJ will lawfare the industry regardless.

Worst case, we all have to decide if we live as felons or surrender, and do what if agents come knocking.

Worst case, we all have to decide if we live as felons or surrender, and do what if agents come knocking.
    "What gun? I don't own a gun"...you boys wanna have a look around? Go right ahead".
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

I don't know about you... but if someone enters my house uninvited I'm going to shoot them... Utah is a castle doctrine state.

....if they want my guns they will have to take them by force....

YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I don't know about you... but if someone enters my house uninvited I'm going to shoot them... Utah is a castle doctrine state.

....if they want my guns they will have to take them by force....

YMMV
    This is my belief. If and when confiscation starts- and I don't think it would for many years, until consolidation of leftist power- a series of high profile resistance shootings would be necessary to stop it.

Meaning, the first 1k owners targeted for raids take down agents and sacrifice themselves. No other choice.

This is my belief. If and when confiscation starts- and I don't think it would for many years, until consolidation of leftist power- a series of high profile resistance shootings would be necessary to stop it.

Meaning, the first 1k owners targeted for raids take down agents and sacrifice themselves. No other choice.

I think before it got to that point there would be a LOT of insurrection within the ranks of law enforcement. Most law enforcement officers own guns themselves and have a firm respect for the 2nd Amendment. Especially in the states of WY, MT, ID, UT, TX, and AZ. Either way you cut it, it would be a complete mess all around, and many folks would get killed.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

10. Likes rich67, Iceaxe liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    I think before it got to that point there would be a LOT of insurrection within the ranks of law enforcement.
    I would hope so. But when the power is great and their paychecks come from that power, would they? Local sheriffs probably yes. Federal agents no.

Federal agents no.
    Hahaha... I don't think they pay the Fed's enough to knowingly walk into that shit storm... the Bundy standoff taught us if we stand together the Fed's have no power.

Hahaha... I don't think they pay the Fed's enough to knowingly walk into that shit storm... the Bundy standoff taught us if we stand together the Fed's have no power.
    I actually went to the Bundy rallies and was there the day the Feds backed off. I was at the bridge.

Given the coming scenario, the Feds, in coordination with the media, will make high profile, highly publicized raids to scare the populace into compliance. Raid teams hand picked to be loyal to confiscation orders.

This is leftist power projection 101. It'll come down to standing together, you are correct. But they will target single homes, guys with families. That makes "standing together" difficult. The first many, many targets will have to have the courage to fire back and go down.

I just don't see it happening. If you recall, some years back during the obama terms, guns and ammo werre near impossible to aquire. Everyone was talking confiscation and such. A huge number of law enforcement heads signed on and published declarations that they would not participate. The military is sworn to defend the constitution not the powers in office. And Scotus should lean the right way. I believe the right folks will prevail - hopefully without needless deaths.

15. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    you gun guys--whatyda think you're gonna do, hold off the army.

real hunters don't need huge clipazines to shoot a deer...
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

The 2nd amendment was never about hunting.

The 2nd amendment is not about saving lives.

Several of our founding fathers didn't think we needed a Bill of Rights because the items listed were self evident to even the dumbest individual...

Just saying....

18. Likes double moo liked this post
    The 2nd amendment was never about hunting
    It is about hunting. Hunting politicians.

I heard that from, iirc, someone who testified on Capitol hill years ago.

20. Likes Iceaxe, oldno7 liked this post
    Here's a question for everyone.

Let's say Trump amplifies the foreign interference angle. Come Jan 20 he refuses to leave as a matter of nat sec and Biden's fraudulence.

He calls for armed supporters to rise up and enter DC to fight.

Would people go?

I'm not talking random guys and groups doing this. I specifically and only mean a call from Trump.

I considered this a 0% possibility before the press conference yesterday. Now it's very small, but non-zero.

To wit, a caller on Rush's show yesterday said something interesting.

2 min clip here, culminating in his words starting at 1:48.

----
    Is the @GOP listening to what the base is saying right now?

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/sta...38105521483778

23. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    ^ This caller epitomizes those who realize MAGA isn't supported on the national stage by anyone other than Trump. Dems are hard left, and Repubs are still corporatist and pro China trade at their core. There's no one else.

Post-Trump, whether now or 2024, is crisis level schism. Guys like this, which is probably 2/3 of the party now, will not vote for Jeb and Haley or any other establishment crud R.

25. Likes Iceaxe, oldno7 liked this post