Thread: 9-11

We're all here, because we ain't all there.

9-11

It's been 19 years.

Transcript of Tom’s Last Calls to Deena

6:27 a.m.( pacific time) First cell phone call from Tom to Deena

Deena: Hello
    Tom: Deena
    Deena: Tom, are you O.K.?
    Tom: No, I’m not. I’m on an airplane that has been hijacked.
    Deena: Hijacked?
    Tom: Yes, They just knifed a guy.
    Deena: A passenger?
    Tom: Yes.
    Deena: Where are you? Are you in the air?
    Tom: Yes, yes, just listen. Our airplane has been hijacked. It’s United Flight 93 from Newark to San Francisco. We are in the air. The hijackers have already knifed a guy, one of them has a gun, they are telling us there is a bomb on board, please call the authorities. He hung up.

6:31 Deena calls 911
    6:34 The phone rang in on call waiting, Tom’s second cell phone call.

Deena: Hello
    Tom: They’re in the cockpit. The guy they knifed is dead.
    Deena: He’s dead?
    Tom: Yes. I tried to help him, but I couldn’t get a pulse.
    Deena: Tom, they are hijacking planes all up and down the east coast. They are taking them and hitting designated targets. They’ve already hit both towers of the World Trade Center.
    Tom: They’re talking about crashing this plane. (a pause) Oh my God. It’s a suicide mission…(he then tells people sitting around him)
    Deena: Who are you talking to?
    Tom: My seatmate. Do you know which airline is involved?
    Deena: No, they don’t know if they’re commercial airlines or not. The newsreporters are speculating cargo planes, private planes and commercial. No one knows.
    Tom: How many planes are there?
    Deena: They’re not sure, at least three. Maybe more.
    Tom: O.K….O.K….Do you know who is involved?
    Deena: No.
    Tom: We’re turning back toward New York. We’re going back to the World Trade Center. No, wait, we’re turning back the other way. We’re going south.
    Deena: What do you see?
    Tom: Just a minute, I’m looking. I don’t see anything, we’re over a rural area. It’s just fields. I’ve gotta go.

6:45 a.m. Third cell phone call from Tom to Deena

Tom: Deena
    Deena: Tom, you’re O.K. (I thought at this point he had just survived the Pentagon plane crash).
    Tom: No, I’m not.
    Deena: They just hit the Pentagon.
    Tom: (tells people sitting around him “They just hit the Pentagon.”)
    Tom: O.K….O.K. What else can you tell me?
    Deena: They think five airplanes have been hijacked. One is still on the ground. They believe all of them are commercial planes. I haven’t heard them say which airline, but all of them have originated on the east coast.
    Tom: Do you know who is involved?
    Deena: No
    Tom: What is the probability of their having a bomb on board? I don’t think they have one. I think they’re just telling us that for crowd control.
    Deena: A plane can survive a bomb if it’s in the right place.
    Tom: Did you call the authorities?
    Deena: Yes, they didn’t know anything about your plane.
    Tom: They’re talking about crashing this plane into the ground. We have to do something. I’m putting a plan together.
    Deena: Who’s helping you?
    Tom: Different people. Several people. There’s a group of us. Don’t worry. I’ll call you back.

6:54 a.m. Fourth cell phone call to Tom to Deena

Deena: Tom?
    Tom: Hi. Anything new?
    Deena: No
    Tom: Where are the kids?
    Deena: They’re fine. They’re sitting at the table having breakfast. They’re asking to talk to you.
    Tom: Tell them I’ll talk to them later.
    Deena: I called your parents. They know your plane has been hijacked.
    Tom: Oh…you shouldn’t have worried them. How are they doing?
    Deena: They’re O.K.. Mary and Martha are with them.
    Tom: Good.

(a long quiet pause)

Tom: We’re waiting until we’re over a rural area. We’re going to take back the airplane.
    Deena: No! Sit down, be still, be quiet, and don’t draw attention to yourself! (The exact words taught to me by Delta Airlines Flight Attendant Training).
    Tom: Deena! If they’re going to crash this plane into the ground, we’re going to have do something!
    Deena: What about the authorities?
    Tom: We can’t wait for the authorities. I don’t know what they could do anyway.
    It’s up to us. I think we can do it.
    Deena: What do you want me to do?
    Tom: Pray, Deena, just pray.

(after a long pause)

Deena: I love you.
    Tom: Don’t worry, we’re going to do something…
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Timeline of Events September 11, 2001

7:58 am - United Airlines Flight 175 departs Boston for Los Angeles,

7:58 am - United Airlines Flight 175 departs Boston for Los Angeles carrying 56 passengers, two pilots, and seven flight attendants. The Boeing 767 is hijacked after takeoff and diverted to New York.

7:59 am - American Airlines Flight 11 departs Boston for Los Angeles, carrying 81passengers, two pilots, and nine flight attendants. This Boeing 767 is also hijacked and diverted to New York.

8:01 am - United Airlines Flight 93, a Boeing 757 carrying 38 passengers, two pilots, and five flight attendants, leaves Newark, N.J., for San Francisco.

8:10 am - American Airlines Flight 77 departs Washington's Dulles International Airport for Los Angeles,
    carrying 58 passengers, two pilots, and four flight attendants. The Boeing 757 is hijacked after takeoff.

8:46 am - American Flight 11 from Boston crashes into the North Tower at the World Trade Center.

9 am - President Bush arrives at Sarasota, Fla., school for speech. White House chief of staff Andrew Card tells him
    a plane has crashed into the World Trade Center.

9:03 am - United Flight 175 from Boston crashes into the South Tower at the World Trade Center.

- U.S. Federal Aviation Administration shuts down all New York area airports.

9:05 am - President Bush is visiting a second-grade class when Card whispers to him that a second plane
    has struck the towers. President delays plans to address the tragedy, deciding to get more information first.

9:21 am - Bridges and tunnels leading into New York City are closed.

9:25 am - All domestic flights are grounded by U.S. Federal Aviation Administration.

9:30 am - President Bush meets privately with National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice, who briefs him.
    He delivers first remarks on the tragedy and asks for a moment of silence for the victims and their families.

9:45 am - American Flight 77 crashes into The Pentagon.

10 am - Aboard Air Force One en route to Louisiana, President Bush calls Vice President Dick Cheney
    and puts America's military on a high alert status. Sifts through reports
    from staff, including an erroneous report that a car bomb had struck the State Department.
    Gets news that a plane has crashed near Pittsburgh.

10:05 am - The South Tower at the World Trade Center collapses.

10:05 am - The White House is evacuated.

10:10 am - A large section of one side of The Pentagon collapses.

10:10 am - United Flight 93 crashes in a wooded area in Pennsylvania, after passengers confront hijackers.
    One passenger, Todd Beamer, calls his wife on a cell phone and tells her of the plan to overpower the hijackers.
    The connection remains open after Beamer puts the phone down.
    Lisa Beamer hears her husband tell the other passengers “Let’s roll” signaling the start of the attack.

10:28 am - The North Tower at the World Trade Center collapses.

11:40 am - President Bush arrives at Barksdale Air Force Base, La., where he makes a series
    of telephone calls from a general's conference room. Tells Cheney in telephone call, "It's the faceless coward that attacks."
    He also talks to Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and New York Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y.

1 pm - President Bush speaks to the country from a briefing room at Barksdale Air Force Base, Louisiana. (text below)

“I want to reassure the American people that the full resources of the federal government are working to assist
    local authorities to save lives and to help the victims of these attacks. Make no mistake: The United States
    will hunt down and punish those responsible for these cowardly acts.

I've been in regular contact with the Vice President, the Secretary of Defense, the national security team
    and my Cabinet. We have taken all appropriate security precautions to protect the American people.
    Our military at home and around the world is on high alert status, and we have taken
    the necessary security precautions to continue the functions of your government.

We have been in touch with the leaders of Congress and with world leaders to assure them
    that we will do whatever is necessary to protect America and Americans.

I ask the American people to join me in saying a thanks for all the folks who have been fighting hard to rescue our fellow citizens
    and to join me in saying a prayer for the victims and their families.

The resolve of our great nation is being tested. But make no mistake: We will show the world that we will pass this test. God Bless.”

1:15 pm - President Bush departs conference room for Air Force One in a camouflaged Humvee.
    Talks to Cheney again en route to Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska and
    schedules a 4 p.m. meeting of his national security staff. Also talks to New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani
    and Gov. George Pataki. "I know your heart is broken and your city is strained
    and anything we can do, let me know," Bush says.

3:07 pm - President Bush arrives at U.S. Strategic Command at Offutt Air Force Base in Nebraska.

4:36 pm - President Bush departs for Washington. En route, he calls first lady Laura Bush and
    says, "I'm coming home, see you at the White House." Works with aides on his prime-time speech.

6 pm (approx) - Leaders and members from both sides of the U.S. House of Representatives and Senate make a joint statement
    on the attacks and end the press conference with the singing of “God Bless America”.

7 pm - President Bush arrives at White House to prepare for address.

8:30 pm - President Bush speaks to nation from The Oval Office (text below).

“Good evening. Today our fellow citizens, our way of life, our very freedom came under attack in a series of deliberate
    and deadly terrorist acts. The victims were in airplanes or in their offices:
    secretaries, businessmen and women, military and federal workers, moms and dads, friends and neighbors.

Thousands of lives were suddenly ended by evil, despicable acts of terror.

The pictures of airplanes flying into buildings, fires burning, huge structures collapsing
    have filled us with disbelief, terrible sadness and a quiet, unyielding anger.

These acts of mass murder were intended to frighten our nation into chaos and retreat. But they have failed.
    Our country is strong. A great people has been moved to defend a great nation.

Terrorist attacks can shake the foundations of our biggest buildings, but they cannot touch the foundation of America.
    These acts shatter steel, but they cannot dent the steel of American resolve.

America was targeted for attack because we're the brightest beacon for freedom and
    opportunity in the world. And no one will keep that light from shining.

Today, our nation saw evil, the very worst of human nature, and we responded with the best of America,
    with the daring of our rescue workers, with the caring for strangers and neighbors
    who came to give blood and help in any way they could.

Immediately following the first attack, I implemented our government's emergency response plans.
    Our military is powerful, and it's prepared. Our emergency teams are working in
    New York City and Washington, D.C., to help with local rescue efforts.

Our first priority is to get help to those who have been injured and to take every
    precaution to protect our citizens at home and around the world from further attacks.

The functions of our government continue without interruption. Federal agencies in Washington
    which had to be evacuated today are reopening for essential personnel tonight
    and will be open for business tomorrow.

Our financial institutions remain strong, and the American economy will be open for business as well.

The search is underway for those who are behind these evil acts.

I've directed the full resources for our intelligence and law enforcement communities
    to find those responsible and bring them to justice.

We will make no distinction between the terrorists who committed these acts and those who harbor them.

I appreciate so very much the members of Congress who have joined me in strongly condemning these attacks.
    And on behalf of the American people, I thank the many world leaders who have called to offer their condolences and assistance.

America and our friends and allies join with all those who want peace
    and security in the world and we stand together to win the war against terrorism.

Tonight I ask for your prayers for all those who grieve, for the children whose worlds have been shattered,
    for all whose sense of safety and security has been threatened. And I pray they will be comforted by a
    power greater than any of us spoken through the ages in
    Psalm 23: "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil for you are with me."

This is a day when all Americans from every walk of life unite in our resolve for justice
    and peace. America has stood down enemies before, and we will do so this time.

None of us will ever forget this day, yet we go forward to defend freedom and all that is good and just in our world.

Thank you. Good night and God Bless America.”

8:35 pm - Bush attends national security meeting.

10:21 pm - Meeting has ended. Secret Service radio squawks with news
    that Bush has gone home to bed: "Trailblazer…Second floor of the residence."
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

4. Likes Scott Card liked this post
    The phone call transcript is really something. And here we are on edge of voting to end the Republic, to surrender to the world forces seeking to end it as did those hijackers. All because of Kennedy's 60s immigration opening, ultimately.

Spoken from the lips of an Arab immigrant family grandchild, mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by dougrz View Post
    The phone call transcript is really something. And here we are on edge of voting to end the Republic, to surrender to the world forces seeking to end it as did those hijackers. All because of Kennedy's 60s immigration opening, ultimately.

Spoken from the lips of an Arab immigrant family grandchild, mind you.
    "End the Republic"?

Geez, I thought I was heavy handed with the hyperbole, but you put me to shame.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    "End the Republic"?

Yes, I believe our way of life will come to an end. Amnesty alone creates permanent Dem dominance. Then where from there? CA policies nationwide don't amount to an end of everything we know?

Oscars-level Orwellian control of thought, pro sports level public political circuses, social media level censorship of all non-left thought, the Green New Deal to crush free enterprise and and and. What remains? The land of the US will remain, obviously. But the ideals and freedoms will be gone, yes.

Not that I needed Newt Gingrich to confirm this to me, but his article on Biden's July 4 speech noted it was the most anti-American speech ever given by a serious nominee. Here we are.

Add: dismissal of the threat is indicative of the hole we're in. We barely won in 2016 with a herculean effort coupled with Dem complacency. Now our side is complacent and they're doing herculean.

I hear the complacency in my legion of Trump friends and fam. Dismissing the risk, pointing to the squeaker upset in '16 as proof it will happen again. "Trump in a landslide" is what a strong majority of my circle thinks. That's insane and leading to a big loss. I'd guess about 1/2 effort in time and energy from those I know compared to '16. In terms of time and money and passionate effort, the latter being the most serious alarm bell in my mind. My peeps thought we were slightly behind as '16 wound down and were working hard to edge the gap. Now many are resting on conceit, I'm sorry to say.

The Dems have as their driving think tank the Squad. Say what you will, but they are the agenda, they hate this country's values, and all of their policies are designed to end our way of life. Nothing they want is for freedom, decency, or Americanism.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    "End the Republic"?

Yeah... I read that and just rolled my eyes.... Dougie Downer really has little faith in his fellow Americans.

I'm about 99% certain that the silent majority is just quietly stewing in the background and waiting for November 3rd when they can simply decimate the Democratic party....

...I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by dougrz View Post
    Add: dismissal of the threat is indicative of the hole we're in. We barely won in 2016 with a herculean effort coupled with Dem complacency. Now our side is complacent and they're doing herculean.

I hear the complacency in my legion of Trump friends and fam. Dismissing the risk, pointing to the squeaker upset in '16 as proof it will happen again. "Trump in a landslide" is what a strong majority of my circle thinks. That's insane and leading to a big loss. I'd guess about 1/2 effort in time and energy from those I know compared to '16. In terms of time and money and passionate effort, the latter being the most serious alarm bell in my mind. My peeps thought we were slightly behind as '16 wound down and were working hard to edge the gap. Now many are resting on conceit, I'm sorry to say.

The Dems have as their driving think tank the Squad. Say what you will, but they are the agenda, they hate this country's values, and all of their policies are designed to end our way of life. Nothing they want is for freedom, decency, or Americanism.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

I have two American flags flying on my house and in my yard today. I have not forgotten. .
    Life is Good

Dougie -- You're forgetting one crucial point: American politics is not run by politicians, it's run by billion dollar corporations. The almighty dollar calls the shots here in the USA, not AOC and her buddies. Whatever candidate will benefit big business, big pharma, big banks, and big oil will win the election -- that's how it's always been, and that's how it'll always be.

Think about it: how much money is tied up in companies like Apple, Walmart, Pfizer, Amazon, Tesla, Bank of America, Exxon, etc, etc? It's trillions of dollars at stake here. All that isn't going to get sold out to the hyper liberal agenda. Quit yer snivelling, it's gonna be ok.
    Last edited by rockgremlin; 09-11-2020 at 04:40 PM.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

14. Likes Byron liked this post
    I've given up on Doug...he's like that guy at the campfire all worried about the canyon we'll be doing tomorrow. Doesn't get any sleep and is convinced "something bad is going to happen". Seems like a nice guy but for Christ's sake...chill out.

Every time Doug throws down one of his apocalyptic posts I'm just gonna go to the "Game over, man!" video.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    ...I could be wrong.
    No. You're not.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    No. You're not.
    If you ask my wife I'm wrong all the time.... LMAO....

My front yard today.... but than again its looked like that since the BLM riots started. It's an ANTIFA trap :-)

19. Likes oldno7, Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    My front yard today.... but than again its looked like that since the BLM riots started. It's an ANTIFA trap :-)

Hope you've got cameras set up

21. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    I'm armed better than many small countries... bring it on. There is no better state for this bullshit then Utah. We are a stand you ground state and we are a castle doctrine state....

23. Likes Sombeech, oldno7 liked this post
    Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    I have two American flags flying on my house and in my yard today. I have not forgotten. .

I have 5 flags flying! One 5x8 near the street/curb, another 5x8 on my fence and on my flagpole: 5x8 US, 3x5 Back the Blue and 3x5 Trump 2020!

And today, I had a 5x8 flying off the back of my Jeep for the Riverton Patriot Day Car Show..

Name:  119243961_10224363707023943_7488294853167428101_n.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  52.3 KB
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum