Thread: Beirut Explosion, may have been an attack?

Beirut Explosion, may have been an attack?

I was curious about this when I first saw the footage, the original story was it's a fireworks factory. Could it have been an intentional bomb?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nah.....

"A senior U.S. Defense Department official and member of the U.S. intelligence community said there were no indications the massive explosion that erupted on Tuesday evening in Lebanon’s capital was the result of an attack by either a nation state or proxy forces.Both individuals spoke to The Associated Press under condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss intelligence briefings publicly. Both officials told the AP that at the moment, the explosion seems to have been caused by improper storage of explosives."
    https://www.ksl.com/article/50002856...ving-chemicals

Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    the explosion seems to have been caused by improper storage of explosives."

It's plausible...But I still don't buy it.

This is what really happened:

Last edited by rockgremlin; 08-05-2020 at 10:53 AM.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

5. Likes blueeyes, Scott Card liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    Both officials told the AP that at the moment, the explosion seems to have been caused by improper storage of explosives.
    No shit... who stores explosives next to a warehouse filled with 2700 tons ammonia nitrate?!?

That in itself is criminal...

7. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Israelis snuck someone in there to light it up. Apparently, Hezbollah runs that port (or ran it, I should say) so there no telling what kind of explosive or possibly weapons were being stored there or ready to be moved.

Perfect target of opportunity? Maybe...but then again for it to be an "accident" you've got to wonder how the hell anyone can be so stupid to have conditions like that exist.

But then again...it's happened plenty of times before. One bonehead that's supposed to be in charge screws up while no one else is paying attention...probably because no one is being payed to.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

The videos show what looks like (to me) a classic deflagration (fast burn) to detonation (the explosion) transition. For that big a pile of ammonium nitrate, stored for several years near a lot of water, sparks from a welding operation could have been enough of an initiation to start a fire, even without nearby fireworks. I have heard that they were welding on the storage building itself to improve security (whatever that means). In my opinion, depending on how this stuff was being stored, the pile was big enough to provide pressure containment from the combustion to trigger the detonation. That is, the fire wormed its way into the pile far enough that the gas was being produced faster than it could escape, raising the pressure and increasing the reaction rate (and temperature, which also increases the reaction rate) until the pile finally detonated.

The vaporous white cloud you see right after detonation (not the white smoke that emerges in the smoke column, but the white bubble looking thing you can see first) is probably water vapor from the decomposition of the ammonium nitrate. The reddish-brown looking smoke you at the top of the smoke column is most likely NO2, also from the decomposition. Nasty stuff.

This could have been an attack or sabotage, but I doubt it. Bad storage conditions, a huge pile right in the middle of a major population center, with the possibility of fireworks stored right next to it - that's enough to pretty much guarantee a disaster sooner or later.
    Deb

10. Likes devo_stevo, accadacca, Scott Card, Iceaxe liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavis View Post
    ...(snip)

This could have been an attack or sabotage, but I doubt it. Bad storage conditions, a huge pile right in the middle of a major population center, with the possibility of fireworks stored right next to it - that's enough to pretty much guarantee a disaster sooner or later.
    You doubt correctly. This was the cargo of a ship that diverted to Beirut in mechanical distress; the ownership of the ship and cargo then became an issue of debate. The cargo was off-loaded into storage, with the port authorities possibly not understanding its chemical nature (just marked as "fertilizer").

6 years of delay and ignorance and forgetfulness ...

WHAT??? Look at this! Wow, first we have to see if it's fake, but if not, missile strike.

Wait for confirmation though. 2 angles. Could be edited.

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video...QhL.mp4?tag=10

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    WHAT??? Look at this! Wow, first we have to see if it's fake, but if not, missile strike.

Alright, might be debunked already.

https://twitter.com/Ninja_StuntZ/sta...651550722?s=19

Alright, might be debunked already.

https://twitter.com/Ninja_StuntZ/sta...651550722?s=19

But was a missile removed or was a missile added?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

What were you saying about liberals hoping people would die over Covid and sad that they didn't? Kinda seems like you're wishing this a terror attack from the Neo-Con side.

Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate View Post
    What were you saying about liberals hoping people would die over Covid and sad that they didn't? Kinda seems like you're wishing this a terror attack from the Neo-Con side.
    Are you retarded

17. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Are you retarded
    You're just figuring that out?

Beirut Explosion, may have been an attack?

Lebanon president: Beirut explosion either due to negligence or missile, bomb

Some amazing pictures in this article.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...nt/3317722001/